06 Feb 2007 17:31:09
Mark
Ebonite buys C300/Track/Dynothane

Pretty much makes Kentucky the center of the universe for bowling ball
brands.

http://www.ebonite.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=268

--Mark

07 Feb 2007 17:22:01
Spammy Sammy
Re: Ebonite buys C300/Track/Dynothane

"Mark" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Pretty much makes Kentucky the center of the universe for bowling ball
> brands.
>
> http://www.ebonite.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=268

One way to keep ones products at the top of the tree I suppose. Won't do
much to benefit the average bwler in the long run though.

07 Feb 2007 08:40:46
Mark

On Feb 7, 1:52 am, "Spammy Sammy" <[email protected] > wrote:
> Won't do much to benefit the average bowler in the long run though.

Why do you think that? My consideration is that consolidation of an
over capacity industry is not an automatic negative.

Mark

07 Feb 2007 22:51:21
Re: Ebonite buys C300/Track/Dynothane

"Mark" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Pretty much makes Kentucky the center of the universe for bowling ball
> brands.
>
> http://www.ebonite.com/news/news_detail.php?PRKey=268

Does Brunswick pour balls there too? I thought they might make them in
Chicago near their HQ.

Other than Brunswick, Ebonite and Storm, are there any other ball
manufacturers left?

07 Feb 2007 21:01:11
Bowling Jim
Re: Ebonite buys C300/Track/Dynothane

Brunswick makes balls in Mexico

08 Feb 2007 17:14:58
Mark

On Feb 7, 11:51 pm, <[email protected] > wrote:

> Does Brunswick pour balls there too? I thought they might make them in
> Chicago near their HQ.

Brunswick had long made all it's balls in Michigan but is moving all
production to Mexico. Apparently this move has had several glitches
with impact on quality control. But they will sort that out in time.

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/newsbyid.asp?id=23748

> Other than Brunswick, Ebonite and Storm, are there any other ball
> manufacturers left?

Visionary pours their own stuff IIRC and there are overseas
manufacturing facilitites that primarily pour polyester equipment.
There may be a few other small companies around (a la Pin Breaker a
few years ago) but they typically come and go without too much notice
on a national level.

Mark