24 Sep 2004 19:43:39
Rufus
Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

Hi,

I am a fan of Bertil FOx, one of the most massive bodybuilders of all
time (active in the 1970 & 80's) and uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983 as per
Arnold and pretty much anyone else in the audience except for Weider
lackies called judges. But I digress.
I am looking for old Musclemag Inertnational Issues (MMI) and a video
of Mr. Olympia contest 1983. I've checked ebay, not much luck.
You'all have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Rufus


27 Sep 2004 04:59:08
Blair P. Houghton
Re: Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

Rufus <[email protected] > wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am a fan of Bertil FOx, one of the most massive bodybuilders of all
>time (active in the 1970 & 80's) and uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983 as per
>Arnold and pretty much anyone else in the audience except for Weider
>lackies called judges. But I digress.
>I am looking for old Musclemag Inertnational Issues (MMI) and a video
>of Mr. Olympia contest 1983. I've checked ebay, not much luck.
>You'all have any ideas or suggestions?

You do know he's been convicted of murder and sentenced to
death, right?

--Blair
"Watch out for those 'roid rages."


02 Oct 2004 09:20:19
Chan Muy
Re: Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

"Blair P. Houghton" > You do know he's been convicted of murder and sentenced
to death, right?
>
Is Fox still alive? His appeal was turned down about three years ago or
longer, as I recall from reading FLEX. I have one of his videos, BRUTAL FOX
2, and it is a bit creepy, because his Workout buddy asks him about his
love-life and Fox talks about how men should not let any woman upset his
life, etc.

It is sad that Fox took such a horrible path in his life.




03 Oct 2004 22:26:12
Blair P. Houghton
Re: Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

Chan Muy <[email protected] > wrote:
>"Blair P. Houghton"> You do know he's been convicted of murder and sentenced
>to death, right?
>>
>Is Fox still alive? His appeal was turned down about three years ago or
>longer, as I recall from reading FLEX. I have one of his videos, BRUTAL FOX
>2, and it is a bit creepy, because his Workout buddy asks him about his
>love-life and Fox talks about how men should not let any woman upset his
>life, etc.
>
>It is sad that Fox took such a horrible path in his life.

Made me look.

Turns out, his death sentence was overturned and reduced
to life imprisonment.

--Blair
"He'll never get enough food in prison."


05 Oct 2004 11:04:41
Rufus
Re: Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

>
> Turns out, his death sentence was overturned and reduced
> to life imprisonment.
>
>

Well, I won't comment on his death penalty case, as I don't have all
the facts.

I'll say this, he was as massive as he was overlooked. The weider
brothers screwed him good. He shoulda've won the Olympia 1983
--dixit Arnold.


Now, how bout some links to find mags on him?

Rufus


06 Oct 2004 03:12:48
Blair P. Houghton
Re: Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

Rufus <[email protected] > wrote:
>blair wrote:
>> Turns out, his death sentence was overturned and reduced
>> to life imprisonment.
>
>Well, I won't comment on his death penalty case, as I don't have all
>the facts.
>
>I'll say this, he was as massive as he was overlooked. The weider
>brothers screwed him good. He shoulda've won the Olympia 1983
>--dixit Arnold.

When I was 13, I thought the Weiders were the coolest guys
on Earth for giving Schwarzenegger his chance.

Now I know better. About them, and Arnold, and the business
of starmaking.

>Now, how bout some links to find mags on him?

Just go put his name into google.

Not many people answer to "Bertil".

--Blair
"Not many people fuck with the
one guy who does."


06 Oct 2004 08:13:23
Rufus
Re: Info on Bertil Fox Uncrowned Mr. Olympia 1983

> Just go put his name into google.
>
> Not many people answer to "Bertil".
>

I did that --got nowhere. Not everything that is on the web ends up
on Google. Thought someone in the group might know where to get info
on Bertil Fox. Of course, had he won Mr. Olympia, this would not be a
problem, lol --but not everyone that deserves to win ends up with the
title.

Rufus
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bertil Fox: A Bodybuilders' bodybuilder!