29 Jun 2004 18:48:11
help with TEMPEST

I was sucked into buying the webley tempest (though it is a good
pistol) because all the literature stated the m/v should be 400fps for
the .22 cal. my plan and still is to beef it up to reach the legal
limit of 500 fps. the 360 v is a downer that only head shots and
broken wings get rid of the pigeons around my house.

i talked to a couple of gunsmiths, but they won't even touch the
subject.

So, my learned peers, can anyone offer a way to "beef up" my present
paper penetrator? I tend to use real fire-arms and have no knowledge
of "spring actions >)

I like the pistol, and would like to keep it.

thanks in advance.

safe and accurate and resposible shooting to all.

30 Jun 2004 15:32:42
munir al sawfwany
Re: help with TEMPEST

>i talked to a couple of gunsmiths, but they won't even touch the
>subject.

you don't give you locale, but here in the US I had no trouble with my
airgunsmith doing a larger respringing on my .22 Tempest some years back...

>So, my learned peers, can anyone offer a way to "beef up" my present
>paper penetrator?

You also don't say how long you've owned it, but my experience was that after
some 6 month's hard use mine was effecting some greater, though unmeasured,
velocity, so some "break in" factor may help in that regard.

> I tend to use real fire-arms

as opposed to "fake" firearms. At least you didn't just say "real guns", LOL

Remember the old ditty a few of my poor comrades in arms used to have to sing
for our drill Sgt

This is my rifle
This is my gun
This one's for fighting
This one's for fun.

all whilst running around an already double timing platoon of grunts!

>I like the pistol,

I have two, one each caliber, and regardles of the other guns in my air gun
collection, they remain my favorites to shoot.

OTOH, they don't compare at all to the fun of my AR-18 (not 180 we're talking
selective fire here, not boring old semi-auto)

Mir welle bleiwe wat mir sin
(Letzebuergesch)

30 Jun 2004 21:34:53
Re: help with TEMPEST

On 30 Jun 2004 15:32:42 GMT, [email protected] (munir al
sawfwany) wrote:

>you don't give you locale, but here in the US I had no trouble with my
>airgunsmith doing a larger respringing on my .22 Tempest some years back...
thanks for your advice, byt can you elaborate on larger resprings. can
i order one?

>> I tend to use real fire-arms
>
>as opposed to "fake" firearms. At least you didn't just say "real guns", LOL
yes, rifles that can blow a head off at 300 meters, and .45acps' that
can actually kill something bigger than a raccoon. besides, where is
the "fire" in an air gun?