01 Feb 2008 07:15:19
Tom G
big game hunting w'air rifle

"Fur-Fish-Game" magazine on the newstands, now, has an interesting article
on hunting with large caliber air guns.
I'm not affiliated with the magazine...I just picked up a copy last night
because of the article and because my wife is visiting in Arizona and left
me here in Illinois with the cold and snow..needed something to while away
the time with.
Tom G.

06 Feb 2008 17:54:52
Marty
Re: big game hunting w'air rifle

I haven't seen the magazine, but as I understand it, the Lewis and Clark
Expedition had a large bore air rifle that could take large game.
Marty

08 Feb 2008 04:07:09
Tom G
Re: big game hunting w'air rifle

"Marty" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I haven't seen the magazine, but as I understand it, the Lewis and Clark
> Expedition had a large bore air rifle that could take large game.
> Marty

The article mentions that gun. The guns the article talks about are 30 to
70 caliber and of course are pre- charged . I can't imagine a person being
able to cock a spring-air gun that big.

Tom G.