23 Jul 2005 23:56:49
UXB
name that tune?

Need help. Desperate plea.
Can't find any ref to this anywhere on the net.
Can't find anybody who even remembers what I'm talking about.
Turning to you guys to prevent impending insanity.
Picture the scene... BBC2...1975-80?...Sunday afternoon...1 or 2 o'clock?
The highlight of my week... the Sunday League Cricket theme. Yes, the
Gilette Cup.
It all kicked off with Mike Proctor's memorable hatrick as the theme pumped
away, sort of in time with the lusty blows from the likes of Lance Cairns
and catches in the deep by Ray Illingworth.
Jim Laker was the commentator in the main and Peter West later became a
stalwart I think
This theme had eluded me for years - please help!!!
Will play Soul Limbo until I get help!
Cheers,
Kev

24 Jul 2005 01:25:05
Brian Lawrence
Re: name that tune?

"UXB" <UXB@UXB.UXB > wrote:

> Need help. Desperate plea.
> Can't find any ref to this anywhere on the net.
> Can't find anybody who even remembers what I'm talking about.
> Turning to you guys to prevent impending insanity.
> Picture the scene... BBC2...1975-80?...Sunday afternoon...1 or 2 o'clock?
> The highlight of my week... the Sunday League Cricket theme. Yes, the Gilette Cup.
> It all kicked off with Mike Proctor's memorable hatrick as the theme pumped away, sort of in time
> with the lusty blows from the likes of Lance Cairns and catches in the deep by Ray Illingworth.
> Jim Laker was the commentator in the main and Peter West later became a stalwart I think
> This theme had eluded me for years - please help!!!
> Will play Soul Limbo until I get help!

Check out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/grandstand/3745967.stm

you can email the Beeb and ask.

--

Brian Lawrence
Brian_W_Lawrence@msn.com

24 Jul 2005 05:45:19
Damo
Re: name that tune?

Jump In The Line by Bert Kaempfert

"UXB" <UXB@UXB.UXB > wrote in message
> Need help. Desperate plea.
> Can't find any ref to this anywhere on the net.
> Can't find anybody who even remembers what I'm talking about.
> Turning to you guys to prevent impending insanity.
> Picture the scene... BBC2...1975-80?...Sunday afternoon...1 or 2 o'clock?
> The highlight of my week... the Sunday League Cricket theme. Yes, the
> Gilette Cup.
> It all kicked off with Mike Proctor's memorable hatrick as the theme
> pumped away, sort of in time with the lusty blows from the likes of Lance
> Cairns and catches in the deep by Ray Illingworth.
> Jim Laker was the commentator in the main and Peter West later became a
> stalwart I think
> This theme had eluded me for years - please help!!!
> Will play Soul Limbo until I get help!
> Cheers,
> Kev

25 Jul 2005 11:55:48
UXB
Re: name that tune?

Nice one, didn't know I could do that.
Thanks Brian
Kev

"Brian Lawrence" <Brian_W_LawrenceREMTHIS@msn.com > wrote in message
> "UXB" <UXB@UXB.UXB> wrote:
>
>> Need help. Desperate plea.
>> Can't find any ref to this anywhere on the net.
>> Can't find anybody who even remembers what I'm talking about.
>> Turning to you guys to prevent impending insanity.
>> Picture the scene... BBC2...1975-80?...Sunday afternoon...1 or 2 o'clock?
>> The highlight of my week... the Sunday League Cricket theme. Yes, the
>> Gilette Cup.
>> It all kicked off with Mike Proctor's memorable hatrick as the theme
>> pumped away, sort of in time with the lusty blows from the likes of Lance
>> Cairns and catches in the deep by Ray Illingworth.
>> Jim Laker was the commentator in the main and Peter West later became a
>> stalwart I think
>> This theme had eluded me for years - please help!!!
>> Will play Soul Limbo until I get help!
>
> Check out
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/grandstand/3745967.stm
>
> you can email the Beeb and ask.
>
> --
>
> Brian Lawrence
> Brian_W_Lawrence@msn.com
> Wantage, Oxfordshire, UK

25 Jul 2005 11:57:33
UXB
Re: name that tune?

'Absolutely Brilliant' as Richie would say - thank you very much indeed
Damo!
A happy chappy...
Kev