Cricket quiz March 2005
1. Who was the first batsman to score five Test hundreds? 2. Who performed the most doubles in consecutive seasons? 3. Who was the last bowler to take 100 wickets in his debut ...

Lee at it again
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4301879.stm Beamers galore by the sound of it. Perhaps with the Aussie attack beginning to age, they consider this their best way of getting ...

Spin
Last Thursday there was discussion on Radio 5 about a new cricket magazine called Spin. Not perhaps the best timing for the launch with so little happening at the moment, but has anyone read...

A lesson for cricket from football
Published in Tribune in 2003 The free market as destructive force - the example of English football Robert Henders...

Test sponsors Npower seeking reduced deal
Test sponsors Npower are reported as having signed a discounted deal for two years. Sky were awarded a monopoly of England Test for four years in October. Result, reduced sponsorshi...

Heath Streak signs new contract with Zimbabwe Board
Heath Streak has returned to the Zimbabwe Test side., Presumably others will follow. It will be interesting to see if Kolpak players such as Ray Price suddenly declare they are not committe...

The Kolpak disease spreads
Murray Goodwin is now a Kolpak player. It is absurd. RH -- Robert Henderson philip@anywhere.demon.co.uk Blair Scandal web site at http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/

Chris Schofiled and Jon Dakin suing for wrongful dismissal
Chris Schofield of Lancs and Jon Dakin are suing for wrongful dismissal following the failure to re-engage them at the end of last season. Neither has a new county as yet. Scho...

[Women] Sky Sports Diary & the World Cup
Sky Sports (presumably the news channel) will be running a 'Diary' during the forthcoming World Cup which starts on March 22 in the Pretoria area in South Africa. I thought I would add a s...

Spot the Irishman
http://tinyurl.com/3r5ck max.it

Cricket balls bulk purchase?
Hi I've just taken over as colts secretary for our local club. Has anyone got any suggestions for good value sources of cricket balls (4.75 and 5.5ozs - practice, not match quality) fo...

So, you thought Arthur Mold wasn't fast.....
...in 1896 for Lancs against Surrey Mold sent a bail 63 yards and 6 inches, then the furthest recorded. The furthest ever recorded was by Dick Burrow of Worcester v Lancs in 1911...

There's no game like cricket
There's no game like cricket Robert Henderson Followers of many ball games claim that their particular ...

Kent Ireland England
Jones the keeper plays for Kent ? O'Brien the keeper plays for Kent. O'Brien plays for Ireland, and because of his Kent contract, and because Jones will be keeping for England, he...

Nothing like this has ever been created, until now!
THE ONLY VITAMIN YOU WILL EVER NEED INTRODUCING DID YOU KNOW? MOST VITAMINS ON THE MARKET TODAY USE SYNTHETIC VITAMINS RATHER THAN WHOLE VITAM...

live cricket online
live aus v nz at http://rs3.radiostreamer.com:8140 or http://fast.streammadness.com:8390 marco.

Test Matches:Last day tickets query
Hi all, I always thought you couldn't buy tickets for the last day of a test match, until the actual day of play.??? If this is indeed true, how come there are lot's of tickets f...

Ind v Pak
Anybody know who's covering this? Is it SETV Asia?

Quicker quiz
Which famous Surrey cricketer played against the Australians on their visit to Ireland. J Bray was't born at the time, and that could be a cryptic clue. max.it <...

Twenty20 coverage
Hi all, I'm trying to find a way to view the upcoming Twenty20 match between New Zealand and Australia on Thursday. I'm living in the UK and there doesn't appear to be any televis...

Power to ther People
Well the general election is almost here and the politicians will soon be trying to con and brain wash us all. HAVE YOUR SAY Come to news:alt.politics.british and have your ...

Conan Doyle the Sportsman
Can you imagine Charles Dickens boxing? How about Shakespeare on skis? Sir Arthur Conan Doyle boxed and skied. He also played golf and was even on a celebrity cricket team! You can learn...

246 Google entries for "Kevin Pietersen traitor "
++++++++ What an entrance. Kevin Pietersen, in his first 11 one-day internationals, averages 139 with a strike rate of just over 100. But has he gone through the wrong door? There...

Test and ODI performance
found the post below in RSC... England play the most test match cricket and are (I would imagine) the most improved team and good value for their second place in the test table. ...

What England have to do to win the Ashes......
WHAT ENGLAND HAVE TO DO TO WIN THE ASHES.... The key to Australians victories have been twofold; making a huge first innings total and then not letting the opposition even get into a w...

Who is the Modern Jessop?
A article which portrays Pietersen as the Modern Jessop http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,426-1483325,00.html set me thinking. Who acc to u is the modern Jessop?

Bob Woolmer on Colin Cowdrey
++++++++ It was mid season 1968, I think it was Alan Dixon's benefit year and the Kent team were having a darts and fun evening at Alan Watt s pub. After a couple of shandy s nature had...

England - tired again
Why do England tire so easily? I can think of countless tours over the last few years where we've gone backwards and I would argue it's been a disappointing winter all round. Be...

Iron Bottom in Queensland and Other stories
------- 'The officer gave me a bat to sign, then he charged me with assault' Ian Botham's Australian trip +++++++ ...Tension rose on the flight to Perth, ...

Head above the sandbags again!
The ten wides that went past Jones cost the game (again) - Chris Read please.

Page: 0  1  2

2017
JanFebMarAprMay
2016