25 Oct 2003 15:49:38
Alan Pemberton
Wot no TMS?

On Radio 4's Feedback on Friday 24 October there were complaints about
lack of coverage of the Bangladesh tour. There was a written reply from
a BBC spokesdroid which basically said they didn't feel like doing it.
There will be TMS commentary from Sri Lanka, and WI will be on Talk
Sport.

--
Alan Pemberton, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
<http://www.pembers.freeserve.co.uk/color=#0000FF> >

25 Oct 2003 16:40:01
David Buttery
Re: Wot no TMS?

Spambox@pembers.freeserve.co.uk.invalid (Alan Pemberton) wrote here
on 25 Oct 2003:

> On Radio 4's Feedback on Friday 24 October there were complaints
> about lack of coverage of the Bangladesh tour. There was a written
> reply from a BBC spokesdroid which basically said they didn't feel
> like doing it. There will be TMS commentary from Sri Lanka, and WI
> will be on Talk Sport.

Sri Lanka? Is that official? I can't see anything about it on the TMS
website - but it's very good news assuming it's confirmed. :-)

--
Above address *is* valid - but snip spamtrap to get me to *read*!

Support the world's oldest motorsport venue!
http://www.shelsley-walsh.co.uk/future.html

25 Oct 2003 16:48:39
Billy Liar
Re: Wot no TMS?

David Buttery said:
> Spambox@pembers.freeserve.co.uk.invalid (Alan Pemberton) wrote here
> on 25 Oct 2003:
>
>> On Radio 4's Feedback on Friday 24 October there were complaints
>> about lack of coverage of the Bangladesh tour. There was a written
>> reply from a BBC spokesdroid which basically said they didn't feel
>> like doing it. There will be TMS commentary from Sri Lanka, and WI
>> will be on Talk Sport.
>
> Sri Lanka? Is that official? I can't see anything about it on the TMS
> website - but it's very good news assuming it's confirmed. :-)

http://media.guardian.co.uk/radio/story/0,12636,1069692,00.html

26 Oct 2003 01:37:39
The Fat Man
Re: Wot no TMS?

And Agnew isnt too happy because these 'comments' attributed to him are
postings he made to the BBCs TMS message boards - in reply to queries about
the lack of coverage.

"Billy Liar" <billy@ambrosia.org > wrote in message
> David Buttery said:
> > Spambox@pembers.freeserve.co.uk.invalid (Alan Pemberton) wrote here
> > on 25 Oct 2003:
> >
> >> On Radio 4's Feedback on Friday 24 October there were complaints
> >> about lack of coverage of the Bangladesh tour. There was a written
> >> reply from a BBC spokesdroid which basically said they didn't feel
> >> like doing it. There will be TMS commentary from Sri Lanka, and WI
> >> will be on Talk Sport.
> >
> > Sri Lanka? Is that official? I can't see anything about it on the TMS
> > website - but it's very good news assuming it's confirmed. :-)
>
> http://media.guardian.co.uk/radio/story/0,12636,1069692,00.html

26 Oct 2003 08:15:39
Rob
Re: Wot no TMS?

"Billy Liar" <billy@ambrosia.org > wrote in message
> David Buttery said:
> > Spambox@pembers.freeserve.co.uk.invalid (Alan Pemberton) wrote here
> > on 25 Oct 2003:
> >
> >> On Radio 4's Feedback on Friday 24 October there were complaints
> >> about lack of coverage of the Bangladesh tour. There was a written
> >> reply from a BBC spokesdroid which basically said they didn't feel
> >> like doing it. There will be TMS commentary from Sri Lanka, and WI
> >> will be on Talk Sport.
> >
> > Sri Lanka? Is that official? I can't see anything about it on the TMS
> > website - but it's very good news assuming it's confirmed. :-)
>
> http://media.guardian.co.uk/radio/story/0,12636,1069692,00.html

Well - let's hope so - Winters aren't Winters without something to listen to
on the way to work!

26 Oct 2003 10:20:38
Rob
Re: Wot no TMS?

"Billy Liar" <billy@ambrosia.org > wrote in message
> David Buttery said:
> > Spambox@pembers.freeserve.co.uk.invalid (Alan Pemberton) wrote here
> > on 25 Oct 2003:
> >
> >> On Radio 4's Feedback on Friday 24 October there were complaints
> >> about lack of coverage of the Bangladesh tour. There was a written
> >> reply from a BBC spokesdroid which basically said they didn't feel
> >> like doing it. There will be TMS commentary from Sri Lanka, and WI
> >> will be on Talk Sport.
> >
> > Sri Lanka? Is that official? I can't see anything about it on the TMS
> > website - but it's very good news assuming it's confirmed. :-)
>
> http://media.guardian.co.uk/radio/story/0,12636,1069692,00.html

Having read that report, I dismiss the BBC's attitude. I can understand
that TV coverage is costly and while Sky subscribers pay 38 quid a month,
BBC are unable to compete. However, this is audio coverage. So what if
an impoverished cricket board are trying to rip them off. Let's face it,
BBC sport (and particularly radio sport) is rubbish thesedays. To
completely _abandon_ one of the nation's top 3 sports is ridiculous. It
can't be beyond the BBC's means to pay - better PR to do so than to have
this bad press from fans devoid of _any_ coverage at all.

BTW - on a related note - has anyone noticed you can get Pak v SA on ARY TV?
Anybody got it?

26 Oct 2003 21:10:01
Billy Liar
Re: Wot no TMS?

The Fat Man said:
> And Agnew isnt too happy because these 'comments' attributed to him
> are postings he made to the BBCs TMS message boards - in reply to
> queries about the lack of coverage.

So he thinks remarks made on a public message board on the BBC website
by the BBC cricket correspondent were somehow out of the public domain?

How long has he been a journalist? Talk about naive.