29 Nov 2006 01:54:10
Richard Dixon
Welcome back Vaughany

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm

Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
stretches down the ranks...

I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?

Richard

29 Nov 2006 10:20:09
John Hall
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

In article <1164794049.944987.326810@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com >,
Richard Dixon <rdngemail@yahoo.co.uk > writes:
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm
>
>Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
>response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
>stretches down the ranks...
>
>I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?

You're a masochist, then? :) If the BBC don't have it, I expect Cricinfo
will.
--
John Hall
"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable

29 Nov 2006 02:33:26
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

John Hall wrote:
> In article <1164794049.944987.326810@h54g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
> Richard Dixon <rdngemail@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
> >http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm
> >
> >Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
> >response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
> >stretches down the ranks...
> >
> >I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?
>
> You're a masochist, then? :) If the BBC don't have it, I expect Cricinfo
> will.

Cricinfo has the story...
http://content-eap.cricinfo.com/ausveng/content/current/story/270279.html
but as far as I can see, not scorecard. Maybe in a few hours time.
Getting out caught behind off Darren Wates isn't very promising though.

29 Nov 2006 03:11:53
Richard Dixon
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

John Hall wrote:

> You're a masochist, then? :) If the BBC don't have it, I expect Cricinfo
> will.

Indeed :-) - actually was wanting to see how our bowlers were getting -
specifically an S Broad. This was the team (11 could bat from the 12):

Matthew Prior
Rob Key (Capt)
Owais Shah
Michael Vaughan
Rikki Clarke
Jamie Dalrymple
Michael Yardy
Ravi Bopara
Steve Davies (Wk)
Stuart Broad
Jon Lewis
Chris Tremlett

Richard

29 Nov 2006 17:19:33
Andy Cooke
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

Richard Dixon wrote:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm
>
> Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
> response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
> stretches down the ranks...
>
> I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?
>
> Richard

Bearing in mind that Vaughan's greatest contribution last year (or so it
appeared to me) was his captaincy (although on form and healthy, his
batting is definitely a very valuable asset, especially in Australia),
does he need to be in form to help?

Essentially, as long as he can stand around on the field for the full
day (which is something that these rehabilitation matches are intended
to prove), can he not come on as 12th man?

No batting or bowling, but his captaincy skills would be directly
available in the field. Officially, he could "provide advice to the
captain", unofficially, "welcome back, skipper".

The drawback would be the rather obvious undermining of Freddie's
authority, but Vaughan still remains the official England captain anyway.

On the plus side, it would relieve some of the pressure on Freddie.

Is there any rule precluding this?

---
Andy Cooke

29 Nov 2006 17:44:36
max.it
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:19:33 +0000, Andy Cooke
<Andy_Cooke@dsl.pipex.SPAMTRAPBIT.com > wrote:

>Richard Dixon wrote:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm
>>
>> Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
>> response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
>> stretches down the ranks...
>>
>> I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?
>>
>> Richard
>>

>Bearing in mind that Vaughan's greatest contribution last year (or so it
>appeared to me) was his captaincy (although on form and healthy, his
>batting is definitely a very valuable asset, especially in Australia),
>does he need to be in form to help?
>
>Essentially, as long as he can stand around on the field for the full
>day (which is something that these rehabilitation matches are intended
>to prove), can he not come on as 12th man?
>
>No batting or bowling, but his captaincy skills would be directly
>available in the field. Officially, he could "provide advice to the
>captain", unofficially, "welcome back, skipper".
>
>The drawback would be the rather obvious undermining of Freddie's
>authority, but Vaughan still remains the official England captain anyway.
>
>On the plus side, it would relieve some of the pressure on Freddie.
>
>Is there any rule precluding this?
>
>---
>Andy Cooke

Yes.

Law 2

max.it

30 Nov 2006 12:55:00
Andrew Dunford
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

"Richard Dixon" <rdngemail@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message

> John Hall wrote:
>
>> You're a masochist, then? :) If the BBC don't have it, I expect Cricinfo
>> will.
>
> Indeed :-) - actually was wanting to see how our bowlers were getting -
> specifically an S Broad. This was the team (11 could bat from the 12):
>
> Matthew Prior
> Rob Key (Capt)
> Owais Shah
> Michael Vaughan
> Rikki Clarke
> Jamie Dalrymple
> Michael Yardy
> Ravi Bopara
> Steve Davies (Wk)
> Stuart Broad
> Jon Lewis
> Chris Tremlett
>
> Richard

I haven't seen a full scorecard, but was able to glean the following:

Batting:

Key 4
Prior 0
Shah 1
Vaughan 0
Clarke 4
Yardy 11
Dalrymple 78
Bopara 43
(others not known, but tail scored few)

Bowling:

Bopara 3-37 (6)
Dalrymple 2-27 (9)

Not much to go on - sorry.

Andrew

30 Nov 2006 08:01:06
Ron Head
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

I am in Perth and can't find a scorecard. The only thing I can share is
that in reply to the WA 2nd X1 score of 218 in 44 overs, The Academy were
5/12 before recovering to make 178, of which Dalrymple got 78.

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm
>
> Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
> response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
> stretches down the ranks...
>
> I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?
>
> Richard

30 Nov 2006 10:15:39
Cicero
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

<snip >

If Vaughan does come back- and it still seems pretty unlikely that he has a
case given lack of match fitness- where does he fit in. Wasn't Flintoff
appointed captain for the series? Or could that be put aside on the grounds
of taking pressure off Flintoff to allow him breathing space?

04 Dec 2006 06:43:05
David North
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

"Richard Dixon" <rdngemail@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/6168042.stm
>
> Vaughan out for a duck on return. England "Academy" were 12/5 in
> response to Western Australia's 218/8. Seems as though our malaise
> stretches down the ranks...
>
> I wonder where I could find the scorecard for the match? Any ideas?

Here it is (5 days later):

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/current/match/271099.html

--
David North

04 Dec 2006 03:21:32
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

David North wrote:
<snip >
> Here it is (5 days later):
>
> http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/current/match/271099.html

Do you know much about Ravinder Bopara?

04 Dec 2006 14:21:28
David North
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

<declan_murphy@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> David North wrote:
> <snip>
>> Here it is (5 days later):
>>
>> http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/current/match/271099.html
>
> Do you know much about Ravinder Bopara?

Nothing you couldn't look up on CricInfo or CricketArchive.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/10582.html
http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/44/44074/44074.html
--
David North

05 Dec 2006 02:37:35
Re: Welcome back Vaughany

David North wrote:
> <declan_murphy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > David North wrote:
> > <snip>
> >> Here it is (5 days later):
> >>
> >> http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/engine/current/match/271099.html
> >
> > Do you know much about Ravinder Bopara?
>
> Nothing you couldn't look up on CricInfo or CricketArchive.
>
> http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/10582.html
> http://www.cricketarchive.co.uk/Archive/Players/44/44074/44074.html

Already did. Instead of stats though I was hoping to hear from someone
who had actually watched him play. Any Essex fans in the house?