17 Feb 2007 22:08:01
Big Al
One of the perks....

...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.

Big Al

18 Feb 2007 18:02:22
United Road
Re: One of the perks....

"Big Al" <alistair_p@hotmail.co.uk > wrote in message
> ...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.
>
> Big Al

Lovely to watch.
What's happened to "the strength in depth" ?

United Road

18 Feb 2007 11:15:48
JP
Re: One of the perks....

"United Road" <united74@chariot.net.au > wrote in message

> "Big Al" <alistair_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> ...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.
>>
>> Big Al
>>

> Lovely to watch.
> What's happened to "the strength in depth" ?

yep they are deep in it alright.

19 Feb 2007 09:20:36
Timbo
Re: One of the perks....

United Road wrote:
> "Big Al" <alistair_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.
>>
>>Big Al
>>

> Lovely to watch.
> What's happened to "the strength in depth" ?

Despite 4 of the 6 batsmen having less than 50 ODI games between
them, Australia still posted a total of well over 300. That is
strength in depth. It was the experienced bowlers that didn't
perform today.

20 Feb 2007 08:34:56
Mad Hamish
Re: One of the perks....

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:20:36 +0000, Timbo <timbo@noreply.invalid >
wrote:

>United Road wrote:
>> "Big Al" <alistair_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.
>>>
>>>Big Al
>>>

>> Lovely to watch.
>> What's happened to "the strength in depth" ?
>>
>Despite 4 of the 6 batsmen having less than 50 ODI games between
>them, Australia still posted a total of well over 300. That is
>strength in depth. It was the experienced bowlers that didn't
>perform today.

Actually it was mainly Tait and White who aren't experienced
(I think there's also a bit of a question over Hussey's bowling
choices, Hogg should have been bowled out straight through - although
if White or Jacques could catch it could well have won the match with
McMillan dropped on 5...)
--
"Hope is replaced by fear and dreams by survival, most of us get by."
Stuart Adamson 1958-2001

Mad Hamish
Hamish Laws
newsunspammelaws@iinet.unspamme.net.au

20 Feb 2007 01:51:33
woodsy
Re: One of the perks....

"Big Al" <alistair_p@hotmail.co.uk > wrote in message
> ...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.
>
> Big Al

of living in sydney is seeing the poms fail to defend the ashes and lose 5
nil !!!

20 Feb 2007 21:12:57
United Road
Re: One of the perks....

"woodsy" <bombers@hotmail.com > wrote in message

> "Big Al" <alistair_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>> ...of working late on Saturday night is seeing Oz fail to defend 336.
>>
>> Big Al
>>
> of living in sydney is seeing the poms fail to defend the ashes and lose 5
> nil !!!

Ha ha ha ha.The obvious pain is a joy!!

United Road