20 Feb 2007 09:08:45
David Wilcox
How shite............?

.............are Australia?! LOL
I think I'd rather have them in our group than NZ, mind you, NZ can
only play what's in front of them.......they need a challenge!!
Waaaaaaahahahahaaa.......I need a lie down!!

Dave

20 Feb 2007 09:57:34
Timbo
Re: How shite............?

David Wilcox wrote:
> .............are Australia?!

You tell us. Despite losing 5 games in a row, they've still got
the best odds of winning the world cup according to bookies.

20 Feb 2007 21:16:01
United Road
Re: How shite............?

"David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message
> .............are Australia?! LOL
> I think I'd rather have them in our group than NZ, mind you, NZ can
> only play what's in front of them.......they need a challenge!!
> Waaaaaaahahahahaaa.......I need a lie down!!
>
> Dave

Took me 5 minutes to get up off the floor I was laughing so much:)
Best part of the closing stages was the look on Merv Hughes and John
Buchannan's faces as they realised that NZ were in with a real chance of
victory.
Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!!

United Road

20 Feb 2007 23:30:56
Tex
Re: How shite............?

"David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message
> .............are Australia?! LOL

Shite enough to win the Ashes 5-0

20 Feb 2007 13:21:27
David Wilcox
Re: How shite............?

"Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com > wrote in message

> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> .............are Australia?! LOL
>
> Shite enough to win the Ashes 5-0

That was with a first choice team, obviously losing 3 or 4 players
has a dramatic effect on a team doesn't it, imagine how the series
would have gone if that had happened to England in the Ashes....
oh wait a minute....it did!

What happened to the strength in depth the Australians have
been bleating on about, on recent history that looks to be bollocks!

Without Warne (Gone forever), McGrath (Soon to be gone) and
Lee they look second rate. To not defend 340 two games on the
trot is just plain poor.

21 Feb 2007 00:29:20

> "Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> .............are Australia?! LOL
>>
>> Shite enough to win the Ashes 5-0
>>

> That was with a first choice team, obviously losing 3 or 4 players
> has a dramatic effect on a team doesn't it, imagine how the series
> would have gone if that had happened to England in the Ashes....
> oh wait a minute....it did!

A 5-0 loss probably would have been a 4-1 loss

> What happened to the strength in depth the Australians have
> been bleating on about, on recent history that looks to be bollocks!
>
> Without Warne (Gone forever), McGrath (Soon to be gone) and
> Lee they look second rate. To not defend 340 two games on the
> trot is just plain poor.

It certainly is, which makes england's 5-0 loss to them all the more amusing

20 Feb 2007 13:44:43

> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Shite enough to win the Ashes 5-0
>>>

>> That was with a first choice team, obviously losing 3 or 4 players
>> has a dramatic effect on a team doesn't it, imagine how the series
>> would have gone if that had happened to England in the Ashes....
>> oh wait a minute....it did!
>
> A 5-0 loss probably would have been a 4-1 loss

You know that for certain how?

>> What happened to the strength in depth the Australians have
>> been bleating on about, on recent history that looks to be bollocks!
>>
>> Without Warne (Gone forever), McGrath (Soon to be gone) and
>> Lee they look second rate. To not defend 340 two games on the
>> trot is just plain poor.
>
> It certainly is, which makes england's 5-0 loss to them all the more
> amusing

Your pain is clear to see. Just keep trying to deflect if it helps you live
with this latest battering. While you're deflecting have a think about what
the future of Australian Cricket looks like. Now that is funny!

20 Feb 2007 05:55:11
Gavin Cawley
Re: How shite............?

On Feb 20, 1:44 pm, "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk > wrote:
> "Tex" <tropi...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> > "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> >> "Tex" <tropi...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> >> That was with a first choice team, obviously losing 3 or 4 players
> >> has a dramatic effect on a team doesn't it, imagine how the series
> >> would have gone if that had happened to England in the Ashes....
> >> oh wait a minute....it did!
>
> > A 5-0 loss probably would have been a 4-1 loss
>
> You know that for certain how?
>

> >> What happened to the strength in depth the Australians have
> >> been bleating on about, on recent history that looks to be bollocks!
>
> >> Without Warne (Gone forever), McGrath (Soon to be gone) and
> >> Lee they look second rate. To not defend 340 two games on the
> >> trot is just plain poor.
>
> > It certainly is, which makes england's 5-0 loss to them all the more
> > amusing
>
> Your pain is clear to see. Just keep trying to deflect if it helps you live
> with this latest battering. While you're deflecting have a think about what
> the future of Australian Cricket looks like. Now that is funny!

It also misses the point that Warne, McGrath and Lee were all present
in Englands 5-0 loss, so it isn't even logically consistent
deflection.

Australia deserved their Ashes win and the margin of their victory.
England and NZ have also deserved their wins in the two one day
series, live with it. As I pointed out the amusement at Australia's
defeat is largely of their own making because of the rather unsubtle
bragging from Buchanan et al that immediately preceded them. If you
don't like schadenfreude, there is an easy way to avoid it - its
called modesty. ;-)

20 Feb 2007 20:55:32
max.it
Re: How shite............?

If you
-don't like schadenfreude, there is an easy way to avoid it - its
-called modesty. ;-)
-

There was a little cock sparrow, he had messed around all summer and
he didn't build a nest. When the winter came, the little cock sparrow
was freezing, and just as he was flying over a field, his little wings
froze up and he fell to the ground.
With only moments to live and almost on his last breath, a big cow
came along and shit right on the little sparrow. The little cock
sparrow was revived and warm, and so happy that he started to sing at
the top of his voice.
Nearby a hungry ginger cat was lurking, and he heard the little cock
sparrow singing. He followed the song until he found the little cock
sparrow, all covered with cow shit and singing away happily.
The ginger cat picked the little sparrow out of the cow shit and
carfully cleaned him. Then he eat the little sparrow in one bite.

The moral:
Those who shit on you are not always your enemies, and those who get
you out of the shit are not always your friends.
So if you're in theshit and happy, keep your mouth shut.

max.it

20 Feb 2007 15:26:40
Re: How shite............?

On Feb 21, 12:44 am, "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk > wrote:
> "Tex" <tropi...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> > "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> >> "Tex" <tropi...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

> >> That was with a first choice team, obviously losing 3 or 4 players
> >> has a dramatic effect on a team doesn't it, imagine how the series
> >> would have gone if that had happened to England in the Ashes....
> >> oh wait a minute....it did!
>
> > A 5-0 loss probably would have been a 4-1 loss
>
> You know that for certain how?

With the "full strength" team, on home soil, england still would have
lost the series had it been for an extra aussie boundary in the 2nd
test.

They lost 5-0 this time, to a "shite" team :)

> >> What happened to the strength in depth the Australians have
> >> been bleating on about, on recent history that looks to be bollocks!
>
> >> Without Warne (Gone forever), McGrath (Soon to be gone) and
> >> Lee they look second rate. To not defend 340 two games on the
> >> trot is just plain poor.
>
> > It certainly is, which makes england's 5-0 loss to them all the more
> > amusing
>
> Your pain is clear to see. Just keep trying to deflect if it helps you live
> with this latest battering. While you're deflecting have a think about what
> the future of Australian Cricket looks like. Now that is funny!

Like I said, this 'shite' team still beat England 5-0. Now that's
funny :)

21 Feb 2007 16:10:48
Luke Curtis
Re: How shite............?

On 20 Feb 2007 15:26:40 -0800, tropicus@gmail.com wrote:

>On Feb 21, 12:44 am, "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> "Tex" <tropi...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

>> > "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > A 5-0 loss probably would have been a 4-1 loss
>>
>> You know that for certain how?
>
>With the "full strength" team, on home soil, england still would have
>lost the series had it been for an extra aussie boundary in the 2nd
>test.

Not this bollocks again - you lost the second test yes by 2 runs but
England where in command a vast majority of the test, you were saved
by the weather in the 3rd test and you were convincingly beaten in the
4th test, even the 5 test 342 would have been a very stiff target to
get in the 4th innings, you could not get 282 in T2...

>They lost 5-0 this time, to a "shite" team :)

correction the England "B" team lost 5-0 to the full strength Aus
team.

>> > It certainly is, which makes england's 5-0 loss to them all the more
>> > amusing
>>
>> Your pain is clear to see. Just keep trying to deflect if it helps you live
>> with this latest battering. While you're deflecting have a think about what
>> the future of Australian Cricket looks like. Now that is funny!
>
>Like I said, this 'shite' team still beat England 5-0. Now that's
>funny :)

You just keep believing the Aus team will be the same without McGrath,
Warne, Langer and probably in the very near future Hayden and
Gilchrist - when you lose to India later this year we will raise a
beer to the Dravid, Dhoni, Tendulkar and co! <G >

22 Feb 2007 13:57:30
Tex
Re: How shite............?

"Luke Curtis" <luke@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com > wrote in message
> On 20 Feb 2007 15:26:40 -0800, tropicus@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>On Feb 21, 12:44 am, "David Wilcox" <davethem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>> "Tex" <tropi...@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> You know that for certain how?
>>
>>With the "full strength" team, on home soil, england still would have
>>lost the series had it been for an extra aussie boundary in the 2nd
>>test.
>

> Not this bollocks again - you lost the second test yes by 2 runs but
> England where in command a vast majority of the test,

...and still almost lost

> you were saved
> by the weather in the 3rd test and you were convincingly beaten in the
> 4th test, even the 5 test 342 would have been a very stiff target to
> get in the 4th innings, you could not get 282 in T2...
>>
>>They lost 5-0 this time, to a "shite" team :)
>
> correction the England "B" team lost 5-0 to the full strength Aus
> team.

..who are apparently "shite".

>>> Your pain is clear to see. Just keep trying to deflect if it helps you
>>> live
>>> with this latest battering. While you're deflecting have a think about
>>> what
>>> the future of Australian Cricket looks like. Now that is funny!
>>
>>Like I said, this 'shite' team still beat England 5-0. Now that's
>>funny :)
>
> You just keep believing the Aus team will be the same without McGrath,
> Warne, Langer and probably in the very near future Hayden and
> Gilchrist -

Who said they'd be the same. Doesn't stop the fact that England was beaten
5-0 by a "shite" team

22 Feb 2007 07:09:16
David North

> "Luke Curtis" <luke@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com> wrote in message

>>>With the "full strength" team, on home soil, england still would have
>>>lost the series had it been for an extra aussie boundary in the 2nd
>>>test.
>>

>> Not this bollocks again - you lost the second test yes by 2 runs but
>> England where in command a vast majority of the test,
>
> ...and still almost lost
>
>> you were saved
>> by the weather in the 3rd test and you were convincingly beaten in the
>> 4th test, even the 5 test 342 would have been a very stiff target to
>> get in the 4th innings, you could not get 282 in T2...
>>>
>>>They lost 5-0 this time, to a "shite" team :)
>>
>> correction the England "B" team lost 5-0 to the full strength Aus
>> team.
>
> ..who are apparently "shite".

>>>Like I said, this 'shite' team still beat England 5-0. Now that's
>>>funny :)
>>
>> You just keep believing the Aus team will be the same without McGrath,
>> Warne, Langer and probably in the very near future Hayden and
>> Gilchrist -
>
> Who said they'd be the same. Doesn't stop the fact that England was beaten
> 5-0 by a "shite" team

No-one said that the team that won the Ashes was shite. The OP was
describing the current team, which is not the same as the Ashes team.
--
David North

22 Feb 2007 18:52:08
Tex
Re: How shite............?

"David North" <dnorth@abbeymanor.fsbusiness.co.uk > wrote in message
> "Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Luke Curtis" <luke@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com> wrote in message

>>> Not this bollocks again - you lost the second test yes by 2 runs but
>>> England where in command a vast majority of the test,
>>
>> ...and still almost lost
>>
>>> you were saved
>>> by the weather in the 3rd test and you were convincingly beaten in the
>>> 4th test, even the 5 test 342 would have been a very stiff target to
>>> get in the 4th innings, you could not get 282 in T2...

>>> correction the England "B" team lost 5-0 to the full strength Aus
>>> team.
>>
>> ..who are apparently "shite".

>>> You just keep believing the Aus team will be the same without McGrath,
>>> Warne, Langer and probably in the very near future Hayden and
>>> Gilchrist -
>>
>> Who said they'd be the same. Doesn't stop the fact that England was
>> beaten 5-0 by a "shite" team
>
> No-one said that the team that won the Ashes was shite. The OP was
> describing the current team, which is not the same as the Ashes team.

So "shite" refers to a few new players?

22 Feb 2007 08:21:10
Tids

> "David North" <dnorth@abbeymanor.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message
>> No-one said that the team that won the Ashes was shite. The OP was
>> describing the current team, which is not the same as the Ashes team.
>
> So "shite" refers to a few new players?

No, "shite" refers to your current ODI team.

22 Feb 2007 18:51:24
United Road
Re: How shite............?

"Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com > wrote in message news:45dd4ba9$0$9774
>> No-one said that the team that won the Ashes was shite. The OP was
>> describing the current team, which is not the same as the Ashes team.
>
> So "shite" refers to a few new players?

Let's make it easy for you.Aus are playing shite.At this moment in time,to
some,that makes them shite.

United Road

22 Feb 2007 09:27:04
David Wilcox
Re: How shite............?

"United Road" <united74@chariot.net.au > wrote in message

> "Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message news:45dd4ba9$0$9774
>>> No-one said that the team that won the Ashes was shite. The OP was
>>> describing the current team, which is not the same as the Ashes team.
>>
>> So "shite" refers to a few new players?
>>
> Let's make it easy for you.Aus are playing shite.At this moment in time,to
> some,that makes them shite.
>
> United Road

Correct! :-)

Dave

22 Feb 2007 13:53:56
David North
Re: How shite............?

"Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com > wrote in message

> "David North" <dnorth@abbeymanor.fsbusiness.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "Tex" <tropicus@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Luke Curtis" <luke@whofan.pNOSPAMlus.com> wrote in message

>>> ...and still almost lost

>>> ..who are apparently "shite".

>>> Who said they'd be the same. Doesn't stop the fact that England was
>>> beaten 5-0 by a "shite" team
>>
>> No-one said that the team that won the Ashes was shite. The OP was
>> describing the current team, which is not the same as the Ashes team.
>
> So "shite" refers to a few new players?

A few? Only 3 players from the Ashes side played in the ODI series against
NZ - Hayden, Hussey and McGrath (who missed the last match). The team that
won the Ashes had more personnel in common with the team that played a Test
in Lahore in November 1994 than with the one that played the last ODI.
--
David North

28 Feb 2007 23:35:32
woodsy

> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> .............are Australia?! LOL
>> I think I'd rather have them in our group than NZ, mind you, NZ can
>> only play what's in front of them.......they need a challenge!!
>> Waaaaaaahahahahaaa.......I need a lie down!!
>>
>> Dave
>>
> Took me 5 minutes to get up off the floor I was laughing so much:)
> Best part of the closing stages was the look on Merv Hughes and John
> Buchannan's faces as they realised that NZ were in with a real chance of
> victory.
> Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!!
>
> United Road

thought the same thing when we won the ashes 5-0.....

01 Mar 2007 15:28:45
United Road
Re: How shite............?

"woodsy" <bombers@hotmail.com > wrote in message
>> Took me 5 minutes to get up off the floor I was laughing so much:)
>> Best part of the closing stages was the look on Merv Hughes and John
>> Buchannan's faces as they realised that NZ were in with a real chance of
>> victory.
>> Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!!
>>
>> United Road
>>
> thought the same thing when we won the ashes 5-0.....

Nice to know it bothers you.

United Road