27 Apr 2006 12:55:07
David Wilcox
Even Freddie agrees with me.

ANDY FLINTOFF says he is ‘gutted’ over the England and Wales Cricket Board
decision to give Cardiff an Ashes Test in 2009 rather than at his home
ground Old Trafford.
“I don’t think it’s for cricketing reasons, it’s for commercial reasons,”
said Freddie.

“In the last series we had full houses for five days and 20,000 people
locked out for one of the best Test matches ever seen. It went down to the
wire and the venue was fantastic.

“To play in front of a full house for five days and then to see people
locked out was amazing. I remember bowling that last hour. I was exhausted
but the crowd started again and it gave me something extra.

“I am disappointed it’s not going to happen in the next Ashes series over
here.”

Old Trafford was at the centre of 2005 Cricket Fever with Freddie in the
thick of it as the Aussies hung on for a draw. But Glamorgan, who aim to
re-develop Sophia Gardens, won one of the 2009 Ashes Tests at Manchester’s
expense after a bid process.




27 Apr 2006 14:27:02
Richard Dixon
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

"David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in
news:4bbpopFuljohU1@individual.net:

> “To play in front of a full house for five days and then to see people
> locked out was amazing.

Cruel bastard !!

Richard


27 Apr 2006 15:53:59
David Wilcox
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

In news:4bc2llF103pdjU1@individual.net,
Richard Dixon <rdngemail@^spam^yahoo.co.uk > typed:
> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
> news:4bbpopFuljohU1@individual.net:
>
>> “To play in front of a full house for five days and then to see
>> people locked out was amazing.
>
> Cruel bastard !!
>
> Richard

Hmmm, I don't think the emphasis was on it being cool that people
were locked out, more how cool it was that the place was a sell out
for 5 days.

Dave




27 Apr 2006 14:56:52
Richard Dixon
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

"David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in news:4bc485Fv21giU1
@individual.net:

> In news:4bc2llF103pdjU1@individual.net,
> Richard Dixon <rdngemail@^spam^yahoo.co.uk> typed:
>> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>> news:4bbpopFuljohU1@individual.net:
>>
>>> “To play in front of a full house for five days and then to see
>>> people locked out was amazing.
>>
>> Cruel bastard !!
>>
>> Richard
>
> Hmmm, I don't think the emphasis was on it being cool that people
> were locked out, more how cool it was that the place was a sell out
> for 5 days.

I know - hence the exclamation marks! I'd never expect Freddie to be
nasty.

I think he must be the youngest-ever person to reach "National Treasure"
status (think Stephen Fry, Norman Wisdom!) - i.e. you can't think of many
people who dislike him!

Richard



27 Apr 2006 16:36:57
David Wilcox
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

In news:4bc4dkF103pdjU2@individual.net,
Richard Dixon <rdngemail@^spam^yahoo.co.uk > typed:
> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:4bc485Fv21giU1
> @individual.net:
>
>> In news:4bc2llF103pdjU1@individual.net,
>> Richard Dixon <rdngemail@^spam^yahoo.co.uk> typed:
>>> "David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>>> news:4bbpopFuljohU1@individual.net:
>>>
>>>> “To play in front of a full house for five days and then to see
>>>> people locked out was amazing.
>>>
>>> Cruel bastard !!
>>>
>>> Richard
>>
>> Hmmm, I don't think the emphasis was on it being cool that people
>> were locked out, more how cool it was that the place was a sell out
>> for 5 days.
>
> I know - hence the exclamation marks! I'd never expect Freddie to be
> nasty.
>
> I think he must be the youngest-ever person to reach "National
> Treasure" status (think Stephen Fry, Norman Wisdom!) - i.e. you can't
> think of many people who dislike him!
>
> Richard

LOL. I'd say Wayne Rooney might beat him, especially if a certain tournament
goes well in the summer. :-)

Dave




27 Apr 2006 16:07:46
Richard Dixon
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

"David Wilcox" <davethemanc@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in
news:4bc6onF10caf1U1@individual.net:

> LOL. I'd say Wayne Rooney might beat him, especially if a certain
> tournament goes well in the summer. :-)

Even if he does inspire us to a World Cup win - there'll always be people
who think he's a w@nker! Can't think of many people who dislike Fred!

Richard



27 Apr 2006 18:49:33
John Hall
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

In article <4bc4dkF103pdjU2@individual.net >,
Richard Dixon <rdngemail@^spam^yahoo.co.uk > writes:
>I think he must be the youngest-ever person to reach "National Treasure"
>status (think Stephen Fry, Norman Wisdom!) - i.e. you can't think of many
>people who dislike him!

Plenty of people can't stand Norman Wisdom - or at any rate his
on-screen persona. I also doubt that Stephen Fry is universally liked.
--
John Hall
"Home is heaven and orgies are vile,
But you *need* an orgy, once in a while."
Ogden Nash (1902-1971)


27 Apr 2006 19:38:05
Richard Dixon
Re: Even Freddie agrees with me.

John Hall <nospam_nov03@jhall.co.uk > wrote in
news:MKciwwDtQQUEFwLF@jhall.demon.co.uk:

> Plenty of people can't stand Norman Wisdom - or at any rate his
> on-screen persona. I also doubt that Stephen Fry is universally liked.

I'm sure no-one is universally liked, John!

Richard