26 Jul 2007 12:40:16
David Lewis
England vs India

Mixed news from Lord's, afaics. Obviously happy with the bowling, given
that I honestly fancied India to make about 600, but the batting is looking
worryingly fragile. But the series is looking like the most interesting in
this country since 2005, so why it was only given 3 tests is quite beyond
me. Surely it was obvious ages ago that 4 vs WI was always going to be too
many.

Perhaps one of our Notts aficianos can tell us how Trent Bridge is playing
this year. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of 12 months ago when the
groundsman seemed intent on twinning Nottingham with Galle. Much as I rate
Panesar, I wouldn't fancy a shoot-out between him & Kumble, especially given
how well each of the sides plays spin. That being said, didn't the ball
swing all over the place against Aus in 2005? That must be good news for
Anderson & Sidebottom again.

Cheers

David

26 Jul 2007 18:18:39
Ramapriya D
Re: England vs India

On Jul 26, 4:40 pm, "David Lewis" <dandjle...@blueyonder.co.uk > wrote:
> Mixed news from Lord's, afaics. Obviously happy with the bowling, given
> that I honestly fancied India to make about 600, but

Well they made nearly 500, so they aren't all that sub-par ;)

Ramapriya