30 Nov 2007 18:58:05
Robert Henderson
Cricket Quiz December 2007

1. Who was the first regular wicket-keeper to score a 1,000 runs in a
season?

2. Who was the first regular wicket-keeper to score 2,000 runs in a
season?

3. Who was the first wicket-keeper to score a Test century?

4. Who was the first wicket-keeper to reach 2,000 Test runs?

5. What is the highest Test score made by a wicket keeper in a match in
which he kept wicket?

6. Which men who have kept wicket in a Test match have scored two
hundreds in a Test match? (They need not have been keeping wicket when
the did so),

7. What is the highest number of runs scored by a regular
wicket-keeper in an English season? .

8. Which English wicket keeper who kept for his entire career, ie, did
not like Les Ames and Alec Stewart have extended spells a s batsman,
ended his career with the highest career batting average for an English
wicket keeper?

9. How many times has the wicket keeping double of 1,000 runs and 100
victims been done?

10. Who was the pre-WW1 wicket keeper who scored his first and only
Test hundred in 90 minutes? .

RH
--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk


30 Nov 2007 23:35:19
Offramp
Re: Cricket Quiz December 2007

On Nov 30, 6:58 pm, Robert Henderson <phi...@anywhere.demon.co.uk >
wrote:

> 1. Who was the first regular wicket-keeper to score a 1,000 runs in a
> season?

Les Ames

> 2. Who was the first regular wicket-keeper to score 2,000 runs in a
> season?

Les Ames

> 3. Who was the first wicket-keeper to score a Test century?

Les Ames

> 4. Who was the first wicket-keeper to reach 2,000 Test runs?

Les Ames

> 5. What is the highest Test score made by a wicket keeper in a match in
> which he kept wicket?

Andy Flower, 232*

> 6. Which men who have kept wicket in a Test match have scored two
> hundreds in a Test match? (They need not have been keeping wicket when
> the did so),

Les Ames & Alec Stewart

> 7. What is the highest number of runs scored by a regular
> wicket-keeper in an English season? .

3058

> 8. Which English wicket keeper who kept for his entire career, ie, did
> not like Les Ames and Alec Stewart have extended spells a s batsman,
> ended his career with the highest career batting average for an English
> wicket keeper?

Alan Knott

> 9. How many times has the wicket keeping double of 1,000 runs and 100
> victims been done?

4

> 10. Who was the pre-WW1 wicket keeper who scored his first and only
> Test hundred in 90 minutes? .

No idea.


01 Dec 2007 10:21:07
Andrew B.
Re: Cricket Quiz December 2007

On 1 Dec, 07:35, Offramp <alaneobr...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On Nov 30, 6:58 pm, Robert Henderson <phi...@anywhere.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > 3. Who was the first wicket-keeper to score a Test century?

Harry Wood, EvSA 1891-2

> > 6. Which men who have kept wicket in a Test match have scored two
> > hundreds in a Test match? (They need not have been keeping wicket when
> > the did so),
>
> Les Ames & Alec Stewart

Ames didn't; Walcott and Flower did.

> > 10. Who was the pre-WW1 wicket keeper who scored his first and only
> > Test hundred in 90 minutes? .

Percy Sherwell (1907 SAvE)