21 Oct 2006 16:41:44
Vidman
Ashes photos needed please!

I am trying to make up some t shirts for us to wear at the first test
in brisbane. Can anyone provide some good links to photos please?
Thinking along the lines of 'greatest series ever' t shirts.

thanks in advance

22 Oct 2006 00:45:25
Graybags
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

"Vidman" <vidman@netspace.net.au > wrote in message
>I am trying to make up some t shirts for us to wear at the first test
> in brisbane. Can anyone provide some good links to photos please?
> Thinking along the lines of 'greatest series ever' t shirts.
>
> thanks in advance

http://www.fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/Buchenwald/images_Smith/ashes.jpg

Am I missing the point?

P.S. on a serious note - go to a clever thing on the net called "google"
(it's all the rage). Click on "Images" and type in "ashes" and you'll be
surprised what comes up.

23 Oct 2006 06:32:39
Robert Henderson
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In message <1161474103.942096.325890@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com >,
Vidman <vidman@netspace.net.au > writes
>I am trying to make up some t shirts for us to wear at the first test
>in brisbane. Can anyone provide some good links to photos please?
>Thinking along the lines of 'greatest series ever' t shirts.

Just type "Bodyline" into Google using the image search. RH

--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/

23 Oct 2006 06:14:50
Chris Weston

Robert Henderson wrote :
> In message <1161474103.942096.325890@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Vidman
> <vidman@netspace.net.au> writes
>>I am trying to make up some t shirts for us to wear at the first test
>>in brisbane. Can anyone provide some good links to photos please?
>>Thinking along the lines of 'greatest series ever' t shirts.
>>

> Just type "Bodyline" into Google using the image search. RH

To find a fine England team, that contained an Indian national and was
captained by a Scot.

They are still unfairly vilified, in my opinion.

--
Chris Weston
Top Posting makes you look stupid. Do you want to look stupid?

25 Oct 2006 06:34:59
Robert Henderson
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In message <mn.b9b47d6a7ed9264f.60301@ntlworld.com >, Chris Weston
<chris.weston@ntlworld.com > writes
>Robert Henderson wrote :
>> In message <1161474103.942096.325890@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>>Vidman <vidman@netspace.net.au> writes
>>>I am trying to make up some t shirts for us to wear at the first test
>>>in brisbane. Can anyone provide some good links to photos please?
>>>Thinking along the lines of 'greatest series ever' t shirts.
>>>

>> Just type "Bodyline" into Google using the image search. RH
>>

>To find a fine England team, that contained an Indian national

Happily dropped before the end of the series and never played again. RH

> and was captained by a Scot.

An Englishman with an RP accent born in India but educated at
Winchester and Oxford. RH

>They are still unfairly vilified, in my opinion.

--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk

25 Oct 2006 04:43:00
Hotcocky

Robert Henderson wrote:

> >> Just type "Bodyline" into Google using the image search. RH
> >>

> >To find a fine England team, that contained an Indian national
>

> Happily dropped before the end of the series and never played again. RH
>
> > and was captained by a Scot.
> >

> An Englishman with an RP accent born in India but educated at
> Winchester and Oxford. RH

See: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/engvaus/content/story/213701.html

"Jardine may have been born in Bombay on October 23, 1900, but his
parents, Malcolm and Alison, considered themselves proud Scots to their
bootstraps, and their young son was educated in St Andrews, regularly
visited the Highlands, and when he died of cancer, his ashes were
scattered over Cross Craigs mountains in Perthshire."
"For too long, he has been traduced as this win-at-all-costs
Englishman, but that is simply nonsensical. He was ferociously proud of
his Scottish heritage and we have all done our best to carry on that
tradition. All that I am really asking for is a fair assessment of the
man I loved."

25 Oct 2006 16:43:26
Chris Weston
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

Robert Henderson formulated on Wednesday :
> In message <mn.b9b47d6a7ed9264f.60301@ntlworld.com>, Chris Weston
> <chris.weston@ntlworld.com> writes
>>Robert Henderson wrote :
>>> In message <1161474103.942096.325890@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Vidman
>>> <vidman@netspace.net.au> writes
>>>>

>>> Just type "Bodyline" into Google using the image search. RH
>>>

>>To find a fine England team, that contained an Indian national
>

> Happily dropped before the end of the series and never played again. RH

That he was dropped is relevant in what way?

>> and was captained by a Scot.
>>

> An Englishman with an RP accent born in India but educated at Winchester
> and Oxford. RH

A Scotsman, not an Englishman.

Unless.. unless he can be promoted to Englishman by virtue of those
other things? To have an RP accent, to be educated at an English
Public School and to go to Oxford?

I eagerly await your response. I won't hold my breath.

--
Chris Weston
Top Posting makes you look stupid. Do you want to look stupid?

27 Oct 2006 06:12:03
Robert Henderson
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In message <mn.cc2b7d6ab7197fb9.60301@ntlworld.com >, Chris Weston
<chris.weston@ntlworld.com > writes

>A Scotsman, not an Englishman.
>
>Unless.. unless he can be promoted to Englishman by virtue of those
>other things? To have an RP accent, to be educated at an English
>Public School and to go to Oxford?

Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH
--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk

27 Oct 2006 22:21:45
Chris Weston

Robert Henderson wrote on 27/10/2006 :
> In message <mn.cc2b7d6ab7197fb9.60301@ntlworld.com>, Chris Weston
> <chris.weston@ntlworld.com> writes
>>>

>>A Scotsman, not an Englishman.
>>
>>Unless.. unless he can be promoted to Englishman by virtue of those other
>> things? To have an RP accent, to be educated at an English Public School
>> and to go to Oxford?
>
> Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH

Nonsense. He regarded himself as Scottish.

However, you're priceless, no doubt. The Nawab of Pataudi, who you
were so dismissive of, was educated at Chief's College Lahore, as
English a school as Eton or Winchester, and then at Oxford. His son,
the next Nawab, got his education Winchester.

I don't suppose they were imprinted with the English personality and
culture, what with that tan and everything.

--
Chris Weston
In England, holding the Ashes

27 Oct 2006 15:42:04
FADANOID
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

Jesus

UK.SPORT.CRICKET is full of fart sniffing cunts. I thought RSC was bad.
Carry on sucking cocks you lame fuckers.

Ooooh What has RH just said. Oooh that sounded racist. RH you are bad.
Bad Bad Bad. Let us have your agonisingly smug reply you seat sniffing
fuckwit racist etc etc.

Aaaarggh.

27 Oct 2006 15:44:27
FADANOID
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

Jesus

UK.SPORT.CRICKET is full of fart sniffing cunts. I thought RSC was bad.
Carry on sucking cocks you lame fuckers.

Ooooh What has RH just said. Oooh that sounded racist. RH you are bad.
Bad Bad Bad. Let us have your agonisingly smug reply you seat sniffing
fuckwit racist etc etc.

Aaaarggh.

28 Oct 2006 06:27:12
Robert Henderson
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In message <mn.dd777d6aeb5224c8.60301@ntlworld.com >, Chris Weston
<chris.weston@ntlworld.com > writes
>Robert Henderson wrote on 27/10/2006 :
>> In message <mn.cc2b7d6ab7197fb9.60301@ntlworld.com>, Chris Weston
>><chris.weston@ntlworld.com> writes
>>>>

>>>A Scotsman, not an Englishman.
>>>
>>>Unless.. unless he can be promoted to Englishman by virtue of those
>>>other things? To have an RP accent, to be educated at an English
>>>Public School and to go to Oxford?
>>
>> Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH
>
>Nonsense. He regarded himself as Scottish.
>

>However, you're priceless, no doubt. The Nawab of Pataudi, who you
>were so dismissive of, was educated at Chief's College Lahore, as
>English a school as Eton or Winchester, and then at Oxford. His son,
>the next Nawab, got his education Winchester.
>
>I don't suppose they were imprinted with the English personality and
>culture, what with that tan and everything.

Fails on the ground of parentage. RH

--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk

28 Oct 2006 07:51:23
Chris Weston

FADANOID wrote :
> Jesus
>
> UK.SPORT.CRICKET is full of fart sniffing cunts. I thought RSC was bad.
> Carry on sucking cocks you lame fuckers.
>
> Ooooh What has RH just said. Oooh that sounded racist. RH you are bad.
> Bad Bad Bad. Let us have your agonisingly smug reply you seat sniffing
> fuckwit racist etc etc.
>
> Aaaarggh.

lol. fair point.

--
Chris Weston
In England, holding the Ashes

28 Oct 2006 07:51:53
Chris Weston
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

Robert Henderson took another lithium tabled and typed :
> In message <mn.dd777d6aeb5224c8.60301@ntlworld.com>, Chris Weston
> <chris.weston@ntlworld.com> writes
>>Robert Henderson wrote on 27/10/2006 :
>>> In message <mn.cc2b7d6ab7197fb9.60301@ntlworld.com>, Chris Weston
>>> <chris.weston@ntlworld.com> writes

>>> Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH
>>
>>Nonsense. He regarded himself as Scottish.
>>

>>However, you're priceless, no doubt. The Nawab of Pataudi, who you were so
>> dismissive of, was educated at Chief's College Lahore, as English a school
>> as Eton or Winchester, and then at Oxford. His son, the next Nawab, got
>> his education Winchester.
>>
>>I don't suppose they were imprinted with the English personality and
>> culture, what with that tan and everything.
>>
> Fails on the ground of parentage. RH
Jardine's parents were Scottish.

This exceptionally specious argument that you are flogging, despite the
most obvious contradictions, is as much proof as any reasonable person
needs that you're an obsessive imbecile with no grip on reality.

In the interests of everybody's sanity, I hereby retire from pointing
out the gaping holes in your circular arguments. You're an excellent
candidate for a new wardrobe, maybe one of those lovely tight-fitting
jackets with the buckles, or failing that, a snug rope collar.

If anyone sees me replying to this fruitcake again, please tell me to
stop.

--
Chris Weston
In England, holding the Ashes

28 Oct 2006 08:25:09
Paul Hyett
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Robert Henderson
<philip@anywhere.demon.co.uk > wrote :

>>A Scotsman, not an Englishman.
>>
>>Unless.. unless he can be promoted to Englishman by virtue of those
>>other things? To have an RP accent, to be educated at an English
>>Public School and to go to Oxford?
>
>Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH

Before we go any further Robert, can you actually *define* the English
culture? If not, how can you decide if someone is 'imprinted' with it?
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)

28 Oct 2006 19:45:37
Robert Henderson
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In message <RtR+tZXomwQFFwuX@blueyonder.co.uk >, Paul Hyett
<vidcapper@invalid83261.co.uk > writes
>In uk.sport.cricket on Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Robert Henderson
><philip@anywhere.demon.co.uk> wrote :
>>>
>>>A Scotsman, not an Englishman.
>>>
>>>Unless.. unless he can be promoted to Englishman by virtue of those
>>>other things? To have an RP accent, to be educated at an English
>>>Public School and to go to Oxford?
>>
>>Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH
>
>Before we go any further Robert, can you actually *define* the English
>culture? If not, how can you decide if someone is 'imprinted' with it?

See separate thread I have started. RH
--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk

29 Oct 2006 05:23:18
Robert Henderson
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In message <mn.e2177d6ad506e941.60301@ntlworld.com >, Chris Weston
<chris.weston@ntlworld.com > writes

>> Fails on the ground of parentage. RH
>Jardine's parents were Scottish.

And? Parentage is about more than nationality. RH

--
Robert Henderson
Blair Scandal website: http://www.geocities.com/blairscandal/
Personal website: http://www.anywhere.demon.co.uk

29 Oct 2006 09:23:10
Paul Hyett
Re: Ashes photos needed please!

In uk.sport.cricket on Sat, 28 Oct 2006, Robert Henderson
<philip@anywhere.demon.co.uk > wrote :

>>>Imprinted with the English personality and culture. Next! RH
>>
>>Before we go any further Robert, can you actually *define* the English
>>culture? If not, how can you decide if someone is 'imprinted' with it?
>
>See separate thread I have started. RH

OK.
--
Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me)