30 Jan 2007 08:37:10
Cicero
Anyone want to back England?

319 to win against NZ. I don't often support NZ, but I will tonight because
that English wicket keeper is such a pain.




30 Jan 2007 01:41:40
Richard Dixon
Re: Anyone want to back England?


Cicero wrote:
> 319 to win against NZ. I don't often support NZ, but I will tonight because
> that English wicket keeper is such a pain.

Was Nixon as his mouthy worst?

I see we're ambling along and the run-rate is already above 7 ! I
notice Panesar is our only good one-day bowler these days !

Richard



30 Jan 2007 09:51:32
Cicero
Re: Anyone want to back England?


"Richard Dixon" <rdngemail@yahoo.co.uk > wrote in message
news:1170150100.204389.71810@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>
> Cicero wrote:
>> 319 to win against NZ. I don't often support NZ, but I will tonight
>> because
>> that English wicket keeper is such a pain.
>
> Was Nixon as his mouthy worst?
>
> I see we're ambling along and the run-rate is already above 7 ! I
> notice Panesar is our only good one-day bowler these days !
>
> Richard
>

Yes- Panesar bowled really well. Watched the second half of his spell and
his figures would have been better except slack fielding allowed more runs
than should have happened.




30 Jan 2007 11:09:02
Tids
Re: Anyone want to back England?


"Cicero" <moofie53@bigpond.net.au > wrote in message
news:EyEvh.596$sd2.584@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>
> "Richard Dixon" <rdngemail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1170150100.204389.71810@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> Cicero wrote:
>>> 319 to win against NZ. I don't often support NZ, but I will tonight
>>> because
>>> that English wicket keeper is such a pain.
>>
>> Was Nixon as his mouthy worst?
>>
>> I see we're ambling along and the run-rate is already above 7 ! I
>> notice Panesar is our only good one-day bowler these days !
>>
>> Richard
>>
>
> Yes- Panesar bowled really well. Watched the second half of his spell and
> his figures would have been better except slack fielding allowed more runs
> than should have happened.

Tremlett's a dog in the field. What a let down. And did you see Plunkett
bowl 4 'leg' balls to a right hander followed by a 'leg' ball to a left
hander?
If only he could learn his left from his right :-(





30 Jan 2007 03:29:34
Richard Dixon
Re: Anyone want to back England?


On 30 Jan, 11:09, "Tids" <no_s...@forme.com > wrote:

> And did you see Plunkett
> bowl 4 'leg' balls to a right hander followed by a 'leg' ball to a left
> hander?

Shocking isn't it. We bowled 20 wides and 3 no balls. That's nearly 4
extra overs on top of the 23 extra runs we gave them. No wonder NZ got
to 318 ! I see McMillan just bowled a maiden in the 37th over. Struth.

This is utterly chronic. At least we've got Monty !

Richard



30 Jan 2007 11:51:44
Sid
Re: Anyone want to back England?


You mean the guy with the black teeth ?

Cicero wrote:

> 319 to win against NZ. I don't often support NZ, but I will tonight because
> that English wicket keeper is such a pain.
>
>


30 Jan 2007 12:18:42
Colin Reed
Re: Anyone want to back England?

Richard Dixon wrote:
> On 30 Jan, 11:09, "Tids" <no_s...@forme.com> wrote:
>
>> And did you see Plunkett
>> bowl 4 'leg' balls to a right hander followed by a 'leg' ball to a
>> left hander?
>
> Shocking isn't it. We bowled 20 wides and 3 no balls. That's nearly 4
> extra overs on top of the 23 extra runs we gave them. No wonder NZ got
> to 318 ! I see McMillan just bowled a maiden in the 37th over. Struth.
>
> This is utterly chronic. At least we've got Monty !
>
> Richard

Monty seems to be able to hold his catches too - which is better than a few
of the others.