23 May 2005 14:31:20
Toby Briggs
A first in Championship cricket?

Both overseas cricketers for Kent got pairs in their match against
Nottinghamshire.

Any other times that both overseas players have got pairs in the same
match?!

Cheers,

Toby

23 May 2005 13:31:10
baldy.slaphead
Re: A first in Championship cricket?

Hall redeeming himself with the ball tho.............no doubt he's heard his
mate Kemp is coming to Canterbury too!

"Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com > wrote in message
> Both overseas cricketers for Kent got pairs in their match against
> Nottinghamshire.
>
> Any other times that both overseas players have got pairs in the same
> match?!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Toby

25 May 2005 15:21:35
Toby Briggs

Toby Briggs wrote:
> Both overseas cricketers for Kent got pairs in their match against
> Nottinghamshire.
>
> Any other times that both overseas players have got pairs in the same
> match?!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Toby

And van Jaarsveld has got his 3rd duck in a row! Kemp managed to stave
off a similar record!

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

25 May 2005 15:22:08
Toby Briggs

Toby Briggs wrote:
> Toby Briggs wrote:
>
>> Both overseas cricketers for Kent got pairs in their match against
>> Nottinghamshire.
>>
>> Any other times that both overseas players have got pairs in the same
>> match?!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Toby
>>

> And van Jaarsveld has got his 3rd duck in a row! Kemp managed to stave
> off a similar record!

Apologies - just realised it was Hall who got the pair in the last match
- not Kemp!

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

25 May 2005 23:03:51
Yuk Tang
Re: A first in Championship cricket?

Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com > wrote in news:42948a10$0$90886
$892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net:

> Champions!!!!
>
> The Records...
>
> Most Points - 95
> Most Wins - 29
> Least Goals conceded - 15
> Most Cleansheets - 25
> Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
> Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Amount spent?

--
Cheers, ymt.

26 May 2005 10:01:17
Andrew Dunford
Re: A first in Championship cricket?

"Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com > wrote in message

<snip >

> Champions!!!!
>
> The Records...
>
> Most Points - 95
> Most Wins - 29
> Least Goals conceded - 15
> Most Cleansheets - 25
> Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
> Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes
>
> Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

Liverpool - five times champions of Europe.

Andrew

26 May 2005 00:06:50
Yuk Tang
Re: A first in Championship cricket?

"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net > wrote in news:3fkatnF8bi8hU1
@individual.net:
> "Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
>> Champions!!!!
>>
>> The Records...
>>
>> Most Points - 95
>> Most Wins - 29
>> Least Goals conceded - 15
>> Most Cleansheets - 25
>> Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
>> Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes
>>
>> Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!
>
> Liverpool - five times champions of Europe.

Dudek was outrageous. The goalkeeper is supposed to stay on the line
and on the spot until the penalty-taker makes contact with the ball.

--
Cheers, ymt.

26 May 2005 10:55:41
Andrew Dunford

"Yuk Tang" <jim.laker2@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in news:3fkatnF8bi8hU1
> @individual.net:
> > "Toby Briggs" <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> Champions!!!!
> >>
> >> The Records...
> >>
> >> Most Points - 95
> >> Most Wins - 29
> >> Least Goals conceded - 15
> >> Most Cleansheets - 25
> >> Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
> >> Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes
> >>
> >> Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!
> >
> > Liverpool - five times champions of Europe.
>
> Dudek was outrageous. The goalkeeper is supposed to stay on the line
> and on the spot until the penalty-taker makes contact with the ball.

Yep. He just about picked the nose of the second Milan penalty taker.

Mind you, the greatest danger Dudek faced with the Shevchenko effort was the
possibility of falling asleep before the ball arrived.

Andrew

26 May 2005 07:17:51
Toby Briggs

Yuk Tang wrote:
> Toby Briggs <toby.briggs@gmail.com> wrote in news:42948a10$0$90886
> $892e7fe2@authen.white.readfreenews.net:
>
>>Champions!!!!
>>
>>The Records...
>>
>>Most Points - 95
>>Most Wins - 29
>>Least Goals conceded - 15
>>Most Cleansheets - 25
>>Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
>>Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes
>

> Amount spent?

Who cares - people said we'd never be able to gel quick enough to win
the Premiership! But we did!

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

26 May 2005 19:14:35
David North
Re: A first in Championship cricket?

"Yuk Tang" <jim.laker2@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> "Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in news:3fkatnF8bi8hU1
> @individual.net:

> > Liverpool - five times champions of Europe.
>
> Dudek was outrageous. The goalkeeper is supposed to stay on the line
> and on the spot until the penalty-taker makes contact with the ball.

On the line, but not on the spot.

While we're on the subject of the Laws:

"A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following
seven offences:

[...]

5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the
player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick"

--
David North
Email to this address will be deleted as spam

26 May 2005 21:38:55
Toby Briggs

David North wrote:
> "Yuk Tang" <jim.laker2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in news:3fkatnF8bi8hU1
>>@individual.net:
>

>>>Liverpool - five times champions of Europe.
>>
>>Dudek was outrageous. The goalkeeper is supposed to stay on the line
>>and on the spot until the penalty-taker makes contact with the ball.
>

> On the line, but not on the spot.
>
> While we're on the subject of the Laws:
>
> "A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the following
> seven offences:
>
> [...]
>
> 5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the
> player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick"

Gerrard dived ;-)

--
Champions!!!!

The Records...

Most Points - 95
Most Wins - 29
Least Goals conceded - 15
Most Cleansheets - 25
Most Consecutive Away Wins - 9
Longest time without conceding a goal - 1024 minutes

Number of bitter opposition fans - MILLIONS!!!!!

27 May 2005 13:29:07
David North

> David North wrote:
> > "Yuk Tang" <jim.laker2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>"Andrew Dunford" <adunford@artifax.net> wrote in news:3fkatnF8bi8hU1
> >>@individual.net:

> >>Dudek was outrageous. The goalkeeper is supposed to stay on the line
> >>and on the spot until the penalty-taker makes contact with the ball.
> >

> > On the line, but not on the spot.
> >
> > While we're on the subject of the Laws:
> >
> > "A player is sent off and shown the red card if he commits any of the
following
> > seven offences:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > 5. denies an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards
the
> > player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick"
> >

> Gerrard dived ;-)

Even if he did, that wouldn't explain why the referee gave the penalty but not
the red card.