02 Mar 2004 07:53:25
ynotssor
more New World Records ratified

FAI has ratified the following Class G (Parachuting) joint records :
Claim number : 8158
Sub-class G-2 (Group jumps)
Performance / Team records
General Category
Type of record : G-2-D : Largest Canopy Formation
Course/location : Lake Wales, FL (USA)
Performance : 64 parachutists
Team : International team
Parachutists : Christophe BALISKY (FRA), David BASINGER (USA), Vern
BATES (USA), Remko BOLT (NED), Charles BUNCH(USA), Scott CHEW (USA),
Bill CLEMENT (USA), Martin CLENNON (USA), Jeffrey CORNELIUS (USA), James
COWAN (USA), Wendy FAULKNER (USA), Michael FEDAK (USA), Bob FEISTHAMEL
(USA), Scott FIORE (USA), Petra GATTI (GER), Chris GAY (USA), Mark
GREGORY (USA), Eduardo GUILLEN (ARG), Allen GUTSHALL (USA), Vitor
HERRICK (USA), Mauri HUJANEN (FIN), Kevin INGLEY (USA), Eric JOHNSON
(USA), Kevin KEENAN (USA), Michael LEWIS (USA), Robert LIEVSAY (USA),
Robert LYON (USA), Keith MACBETH (USA), Shahin MAHMOUDZADEH (USA), Frank
MATRONE (USA), Jerome McCAULEY (USA), Roger McCLELLAND (USA), Cheryl
MICHAELS (USA), Kenneth OKA (USA), Brian PANGBURN (USA), Russel PINNEY
(USA), Pasi PIRTTIKOSKI (FIN), Andrew PRESTON (AUS), Paul QUANDT (USA),
Raul RAMIREZ (USA), Jim RASMUSSEN (USA), Timothy RAUP (USA), Robert
REGER (USA), David RICHARDSON (USA), Thomas ROHDE-SEELBINDER (GER),
Raymond RUMPF (USA), William RUNYON (USA), Scott SHUMWAY (USA), Sharon
SHUMWAY (USA), Eward SLOT (NED), Herman SLOT (NED), Ketih THIVIERGER
(USA), Michael TOMASELLI (USA), Kees TOPS (NED), Johan VERSTEGAN (NED),
William VEST (USA), Thomas VETTER (USA), Shaun VINEYARD (USA), Lyal
WADDELL (CAN), Aidan WALTERS (CAN), James WALTON (USA), Chris
WARNICK (USA), Henny WIGGERS (USA), Joel ZANE (USA).
Date : 25.11.2003
Previous record : 53 parachutists (06.09.1996 - International team)
Claim number : 8497
Sub-class G-2 (Group jumps)
Performance / Team records
General Category
Type of record : G-2-D : Largest Canopy Formation
Course/location : Lake Wales, FL (USA)
Performance : 64 parachutists
Parachutists : David ANDERSON (USA), Paulo ASSIS (BRA), Christophe
BALISKY (FRA), Claudia BALISKY (GER), Bruce BARNETT (USA), David
BASINGER (USA), Vern BATES (USA), Remko BOLT (NED), Charles BUNCH(USA),
Ricardo CASTILLO (USA), Scott CHEW (USA), Martin CLENNON (USA), Jeffrey
CORNELIUS (USA), James COWAN (USA), Wendy FAULKNER (USA), Bob FEISTHAMEL
(USA), Scott FIORE (USA), Petra GATTI (GER), Chris GAY (USA), Elizabeth
GODWIN (USA), Mark GREGORY (USA), Eduardo GUILLEN (ARG), Allen GUTSHALL
(USA), Lyn HANNAH (USA), Vitor HERRICK (USA), Kevin INGLEY (USA),
Robert LIEVSAY (USA), Robert LYON (USA), Keith MACBETH (USA), Shahin
MAHMOUDZADEH (USA), Frank MATRONE (USA), Jerome McCAULEY (USA), Roger
McCLELLAND (USA), Cheryl MICHAELS (USA), Craig NADLER (USA), Brian
PANGBURN (USA), Pasi PIRTTIKOSKI (FIN), Ernie PRESTON (USA), Andrew
PRESTON (AUS), Paul QUANDT (USA), Raul RAMIREZ (USA), Jim RASMUSSEN
(USA), Robert REGER (USA), David RICHARDSON (USA), Thomas
ROHDE-SEELBINDER (GER), Raymond RUMPF (USA), William RUNYON (USA), Juan
Ventura SANCHEZ-FINGER (SPA), John SCOTT (CAN), Eward SLOT (NED), Herman
SLOT (NED), Ketih THIVIERGER (USA), Michael TOMASELLI (USA), Michael
TRUDELL (USA), Johan VERSTEGAN (NED), William VEST (USA), Thomas VETTER
Date : 25.11.2003
Previous record : 53 parachutists (06.09.1996 - International team)

02 Mar 2004 17:07:27
Lucas, Peter
Re: more New World Records ratified

"ynotssor" <"ynotssor" > wrote in news:4044ae02_6@corp.newsgroups.com:

> FAI has ratified the following Class G (Parachuting) joint records :
> Claim number : 8158
> Sub-class G-2 (Group jumps)
> Performance / Team records
> General Category
> Type of record : G-2-D : Largest Canopy Formation
> Course/location : Lake Wales, FL (USA)
> Performance : 64 parachutists
> Team : International team
> Parachutists : Wendy FAULKNER (USA), Eric JOHNSON (USA)

Congrats Wendy and Eric :-)

Jerome McCAULEY (USA),

Would that be Jerry McCauley (SEAL-Leap Frogs-Perris)?

Henny WIGGERS (USA),

Henny?? Last time I saw him, he was Video guy at Teugue!! Now USA??

Congrats to all participants :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer
gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk,
blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken
bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-
pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das
blinkenlichten

02 Mar 2004 09:37:41
Livendive
Re: more New World Records ratified

Tony - What's up with them ratifying two records with the same number of
jumpers? It would seem that one of these two groups completed a 64-way
first, and that the second group to do so only tied the record. Obviously
they couldn't have been accomplished simultaneously, as most of the jumpers
were on both loads. What am I missing?

Blues,
Dave

"ynotssor" <"ynotssor" > wrote in message
> [...]
> McCLELLAND (USA), Cheryl MICHAELS (USA), Craig NADLER (USA), Brian
> PANGBURN (USA), Pasi PIRTTIKOSKI (FIN), Ernie PRESTON (USA), Andrew
> PRESTON (AUS), Paul QUANDT (USA), Raul RAMIREZ (USA), Jim RASMUSSEN
> (USA), Robert REGER (USA), David RICHARDSON (USA), Thomas
> ROHDE-SEELBINDER (GER), Raymond RUMPF (USA), William RUNYON (USA), Juan
> Ventura SANCHEZ-FINGER (SPA), John SCOTT (CAN), Eward SLOT (NED), Herman
> SLOT (NED), Ketih THIVIERGER (USA), Michael TOMASELLI (USA), Michael
> TRUDELL (USA), Johan VERSTEGAN (NED), William VEST (USA), Thomas VETTER
> (USA), Shaun VINEYARD (USA), Lyal WADDELL (CAN), Aidan WALTERS (CAN),
> James WALTON (USA), Chris WARNICK (USA), Henny WIGGERS (USA), Joel ZANE
> (USA).
> Date : 25.11.2003
> Previous record : 53 parachutists (06.09.1996 - International team)

02 Mar 2004 10:00:35
ynotssor

"Livendive" <livendive@aol.com > wrote in message

> Tony - What's up with them ratifying two records with the same number
> of jumpers? It would seem that one of these two groups completed a
> 64-way first, and that the second group to do so only tied the
> record. Obviously they couldn't have been accomplished
> simultaneously, as most of the jumpers were on both loads. What am I
> missing?

A record is not officially a record until it's formally ratified. One of the
participants could explain it better I'm sure, and I hope they do, but the
same number of parachutists (64, albeit different participants, some of
them) completed CRW formations of sufficient size to break the (then)
existing record of 53 on the same day. The first 64-way was not officially
an FAI record until the submitted claim was ratified.

Both completions were submitted as separate valid record claims, and both
claims were ratified.

Them CRW dogs can't sit still, it seems. Many people would have been
satisfied with doing it once, but not them.

tony

--
use hotmail for any email replies

02 Mar 2004 19:07:24
Gary McGuinness
Re: more New World Records ratified

in a normal FAI comp, who ever posts a record first, gets that record, you
have to beat it, to eerrr beat it.
Same scores posted 2nd (in the comp) are not a record, unless of course the
paperwork for the second score goes in I guess.

The Russians at Eloy 98 CF (CRW) world meet scored a world record in
rotations, the US team then equalled it that day, but the Russians got (and
quite rightly) got the WR.

Can't fully understand what's going on below.

Gary

> "Livendive" <livendive@aol.com> wrote in message
>
> > Tony - What's up with them ratifying two records with the same number
> > of jumpers? It would seem that one of these two groups completed a
> > 64-way first, and that the second group to do so only tied the
> > record. Obviously they couldn't have been accomplished
> > simultaneously, as most of the jumpers were on both loads. What am I
> > missing?
>
> A record is not officially a record until it's formally ratified. One of
the
> participants could explain it better I'm sure, and I hope they do, but the
> same number of parachutists (64, albeit different participants, some of
> them) completed CRW formations of sufficient size to break the (then)
> existing record of 53 on the same day. The first 64-way was not officially
> an FAI record until the submitted claim was ratified.
>
> Both completions were submitted as separate valid record claims, and both
> claims were ratified.
>
> Them CRW dogs can't sit still, it seems. Many people would have been
> satisfied with doing it once, but not them.
>

> tony
>
> --
> use hotmail for any email replies

02 Mar 2004 19:35:46
Jan Meyer

Livendive wrote:

> Tony - What's up with them ratifying two records with the same number of
> jumpers? It would seem that one of these two groups completed a 64-way
> first, and that the second group to do so only tied the record. Obviously
> they couldn't have been accomplished simultaneously, as most of the jumpers
> were on both loads. What am I missing?

The rules are wierd on this.
I asked MaryLou at the time too.

Say a group sets a new world record.
The rules say that a 'tie' of the existing record is also a record.

Strangely, if a group was to go do a 64-way, then within 24 hours do a
larger record, only the later record would be recognized.

The CRW-Dawgs went up with the same size load with different rosters so
that everyone had a shot at a WR.