07 May 2007 05:42:57
Worlds first Muslim skydiving school opens in Tehran

PAAviation www.paaviation.com has recently opened the world's FIRST
Muslim skydiving centre. Due to Islamic regulations, Muslim women
were not permitted to jump with male skydive instructors (they would
be intimately harnessed together) . Due to the fact that we have
female (and male) instructors, we can uniquely allow Muslim women to
experience the thrill and exhilaration of skydiving, in accordance
with Islamic regulations. This I am sure most will agree, has been
long overdue for Muslim women and will be an important women's
sporting and recreational activity in the Middle East.

We have exclusive use of a brand new Britten-Norman Islander aircraft,
(this is the first western made aircraft, factory supplied to Iran
since the Islamic revolution, please visit the following link for more
information):

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL2637999620070326

We will be based at Azadi airport, just 50km from Tehran, on the
Tehran-Qazvin Highway. We have British and European instructors with
full USPA and BPA international certification, ensuring that our male
and female students will be trained in a safe and highly professional
manner.

Students are required to pre-book the time and date of the jump. Upon
completion of their booking, they can proceed to our airfield at Azadi
airport. On the day of the jump, our instructors give a pre-flight
safety and ground school briefing, explaining exactly what happens
during the skydive. Tandem jumps will be performed, which means that
the students will be safely strapped harnessed to the instructor at
all times. Once the safety briefing is complete,The aircraft takes
off, and will climb to 10000feet, at this altitude, the instructor and
student exit the aircraft, and freefall at speeds over 300KPH! After
approximately 60 seconds of free falling, the instructor opens the
parachute canopy, and allows the student to steer the parachute on to
the drop zone.

Upon landing, our students receive an official Aerosports level 1
certificate. There is the option of having a professional skydive
cameraman jump to film the entire experience.

We are very proud to have introduced this thrilling and exciting new
sport in Iran. We extend a warm welcome to Muslims around the world,
male or female, young or old, to visit us in Sunny Iran.

Key points of our skydive school:

++ Brand New British Aircraft, Britten-Norman Islander.

++ Very well equipped with restaurant, classrooms, parking, toilets
etc.

++ British and European instructors, all with USPA/BPA certification

++ Located just 50km North of Tehran (Tehran-Qazvin Highway).

++ Professional skydive cameraman to film jumps (suitable for TV work/
Film making)

Sincerely,

Dean Ghobadi.
Commercial Director,
PAAviation
deanghobadi@paaviation.com
0044 (0) 7717 220 882

WWW.PAAVIATION.COM

07 May 2007 17:57:46
Harry Sullivan
Re: Worlds first Muslim skydiving school opens in Tehran

Pity about the photograph of chatteris's GAF Nomad aircraft on the main
skydiving page..........

If its serious - then good luck to you all - lets hope its a big success.

When is the first Islam Boogie?

<paaviation@gmail.com > wrote in message
> [...]
> the drop zone.
>
> Upon landing, our students receive an official Aerosports level 1
> certificate. There is the option of having a professional skydive
> cameraman jump to film the entire experience.
>
> We are very proud to have introduced this thrilling and exciting new
> sport in Iran. We extend a warm welcome to Muslims around the world,
> male or female, young or old, to visit us in Sunny Iran.
>
> Key points of our skydive school:
>
> ++ Brand New British Aircraft, Britten-Norman Islander.
>
> ++ Very well equipped with restaurant, classrooms, parking, toilets
> etc.
>
> ++ British and European instructors, all with USPA/BPA certification
>
> ++ Located just 50km North of Tehran (Tehran-Qazvin Highway).
>
> ++ Professional skydive cameraman to film jumps (suitable for TV work/

07 May 2007 19:04:33
JJ
Re: Worlds first Muslim skydiving school opens in Tehran

Are you sure you want tandems free falling for 60 seconds from 10,000 feet ?