28 Oct 2003 02:54:17
Jerry
Sports Cam

Anyone know the weblink to the 'sports cam' thing thats been in the
mag recently? The doobry that lets you fit a small lens to your
helmet and connect that to your camera hidden elsewhere? Are they any
good? My mag got binned in the annual flat clean.

A mate of mine wants to use one for skiing - not jumping.

Cheers

Jerry

28 Oct 2003 11:34:28
Craig Poxon
Re: Sports Cam

"Jerry" <jwhite@cbhillierparker.com > wrote in message

> Anyone know the weblink to the 'sports cam' thing thats been in the
> mag recently? The doobry that lets you fit a small lens to your
> helmet and connect that to your camera hidden elsewhere? Are they any
> good? My mag got binned in the annual flat clean.
>
> A mate of mine wants to use one for skiing - not jumping.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jerry

Don't have the magazine to hand so I'm guessing you mean the Mike Swain
SportsCam

http://www.endlessfall.net/MM017.ASP?pageno=38

You might also want to look at the MonkeyKam:

http://www.monkeykam.tv/

Or, my favourite DIY method, is:

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/helmet_cameras.htm

165 quid for the full package with High Res CCD

Bargain!

--
Craig
D11665 FSB5

29 Oct 2003 00:01:33
Gadget
Re: Sports Cam

The new camera on the market is the monkeykamera
http://www.monkeykam.tv/

"Jerry" <jwhite@cbhillierparker.com > schreef in bericht
> Anyone know the weblink to the 'sports cam' thing thats been in the
> mag recently? The doobry that lets you fit a small lens to your
> helmet and connect that to your camera hidden elsewhere? Are they any
> good? My mag got binned in the annual flat clean.
>
> A mate of mine wants to use one for skiing - not jumping.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jerry

29 Oct 2003 08:35:54
Jerry
Re: Sports Cam

$899?!!! Holy crap. Im clearly in the wrong business.

Thanks all for suggestions.

02 Nov 2003 08:34:43
R-Slicks
Re: Sports Cam

On 28 Oct 2003 02:54:17 -0800, jwhite@cbhillierparker.com (Jerry)
wrote:

>Anyone know the weblink to the 'sports cam' thing thats been in the
>mag recently? The doobry that lets you fit a small lens to your
>helmet and connect that to your camera hidden elsewhere? Are they any
>good? My mag got binned in the annual flat clean.
>
>A mate of mine wants to use one for skiing - not jumping.
>
>Cheers
>
>Jerry

I have one of these that I have used successfully on a motorcycle at
up to 270km/hr. Haven't yet taken it jumping as my actual camcorder is
a little to bulky to find a home for, being a slightly older one. Of
course, the Helcam only uses AV output which pretty much rules out (I
think) many, if not all, of the tiny digital camcorders around these
days.

http://www.eatmydirt.com.au/helcam/

--
DO NOT reply to jpreou@hotmail.com - it is simply a spam catch.
You can, if you wish, try "news .at. preou .dot. com"