27 Oct 2003 07:53:39
Ron Wands
Skydiving in Malta

Hi folks, does anyone know of any skydiving clubs operating in Malta,
there was a club called the Maltese Falcans some years ago but dont
know about now, any info ?
regards Ron.

27 Oct 2003 19:21:10
Gary McGuinness
Re: Skydiving in Malta

there was, but I think it was based on Gozo it's a small island very close
to Malta (about 20 mins by ferry).
There is helicopter link from Malta airport to Gozo, the DZ may (or may not)
be based at that heliport, and may even use the
Mil-8/17 they use for the hop to Gozo.
I have driven past twice (a couple of years ago) and there didn't seem much
action.
Gary

http://www.destinationmalta.com/sports.htm

http://www.holiday-malta.com/resort/gozo/accomodation/villa/000948/

http://www.countryprofiler.com/malta/travel.html

"Ron Wands" <magic@dropzone.com > wrote in message
> Hi folks, does anyone know of any skydiving clubs operating in Malta,
> there was a club called the Maltese Falcans some years ago but dont
> know about now, any info ?
> regards Ron.

28 Oct 2003 10:31:25
Mike
Re: Skydiving in Malta

IIRC they're still there. Mil8 last I saw and what appears to be a VERY
lumpy landing area

Mike

"Gary McGuinness" <NO SPAM > wrote in message
> there was, but I think it was based on Gozo it's a small island very close
> to Malta (about 20 mins by ferry).
> There is helicopter link from Malta airport to Gozo, the DZ may (or may
not)
> be based at that heliport, and may even use the
> Mil-8/17 they use for the hop to Gozo.
> I have driven past twice (a couple of years ago) and there didn't seem
much
> action.
> Gary
>

> http://www.destinationmalta.com/sports.htm
>
> http://www.holiday-malta.com/resort/gozo/accomodation/villa/000948/
>
> http://www.countryprofiler.com/malta/travel.html
>
> "Ron Wands" <magic@dropzone.com> wrote in message
> > Hi folks, does anyone know of any skydiving clubs operating in Malta,
> > there was a club called the Maltese Falcans some years ago but dont
> > know about now, any info ?
> > regards Ron.

28 Oct 2003 08:21:25
Ron Wands
Re: Skydiving in Malta

Hi again folks, Mike, what does IIRC mean? and where is the club, dz,
Gozo or Malta, any contact info ?

regards ,Ron

"Mike" <mikethemong@hotmail.com > wrote in message news:<Vzrnb.163$jo4.87@newsfep3-gui.server.ntli.net>...
> IIRC they're still there. Mil8 last I saw and what appears to be a VERY
> lumpy landing area
>
> Mike
>
> "Gary McGuinness" <NO SPAM> wrote in message
> > there was, but I think it was based on Gozo it's a small island very close
> > to Malta (about 20 mins by ferry).
> > There is helicopter link from Malta airport to Gozo, the DZ may (or may
> not)
> > be based at that heliport, and may even use the
> > Mil-8/17 they use for the hop to Gozo.
> > I have driven past twice (a couple of years ago) and there didn't seem
> much
> > action.
> > Gary
> >

> > http://www.destinationmalta.com/sports.htm
> >
> > http://www.holiday-malta.com/resort/gozo/accomodation/villa/000948/
> >
> > http://www.countryprofiler.com/malta/travel.html
> >
> > "Ron Wands" <magic@dropzone.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi folks, does anyone know of any skydiving clubs operating in Malta,
> > > there was a club called the Maltese Falcans some years ago but dont
> > > know about now, any info ?
> > > regards Ron.

29 Oct 2003 01:56:56
Kerr Rainey
Re: Skydiving in Malta

Ron Wands wrote:
> Hi again folks, Mike, what does IIRC mean? and where is the club, dz,
> Gozo or Malta, any contact info ?

IIRC: If I Recall Correctly or any variant along those lines.

Last I heard the guy that was running the club was having endless
trouble with red tape in Malta. There was an article in The Times of
Malta [ http://www.timesofmalta.com/core/] a while back, but there
online archive doesn't have it. They operated out of Gozo for a while
and also out of the main airport at Luqa. I think the article said he
was shutting up shop for the time being, but I can't be sure.

Kerr