24 Dec 2003 19:55:32
Nick
Spare Boat Places

Can anyone let me know the best sites where I can advertise spare boat
places when they come up.

thanks

Nick

25 Dec 2003 01:03:19
Graham Gowland
Re: Spare Boat Places

I would have said it depends were you are - 'Diver' and 'Dive' and numerous
other websites have space to advertise places, but getting a relationship
with other dive clubs would be a good idea, even local dive shops may be
able to help you out. What area are you - if NW or a reachable location I
may be able to help - or why not post places here?

Graham

"Nick" <n@net.net > wrote in message
> Can anyone let me know the best sites where I can advertise spare boat
> places when they come up.
>
> thanks
>
> Nick

---

Pete Melbourne
Re: Spare Boat Places

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:55:32 GMT, "Nick" <n@net.net > wrote:

>Can anyone let me know the best sites where I can advertise spare boat
>places when they come up.

NDG is about the best
http://www.drogon.net/scuba-uk-ndg/

Pete
diving 'at' melbourne 'dot' me 'dot' uk

27 Dec 2003 16:43:43
Nick
Re: Spare Boat Places

> NDG is about the best
> http://www.drogon.net/scuba-uk-ndg/
>
> Pete
> diving 'at' melbourne 'dot' me 'dot' uk

Thanks Pete, looks ideal.

Nick

27 Dec 2003 17:45:21
Jason
Re: Spare Boat Places

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:55:32 +0000, Nick wrote:

> Can anyone let me know the best sites where I can advertise spare boat
> places when they come up.

My boat spaces database at http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/boatspacesis
free for non-commercial posts.

Jason

--
See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/for Caribbean trip reports
including Cuba, Grand Bahama, Barbados, St Lucia and Mexico

27 Dec 2003 17:55:41
Zak
Re: Spare Boat Places

"Jason" <jason.usenet.nospam@ntlworld.com > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 19:55:32 +0000, Nick wrote:
>
> > Can anyone let me know the best sites where I can advertise spare boat
> > places when they come up.
>
> My boat spaces database at http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/boatspacesis
> free for non-commercial posts.
>
> Jason
>
> --
> See http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/for Caribbean trip reports
> including Cuba, Grand Bahama, Barbados, St Lucia and Mexico

Stick with NDG, creating more spaces listings isnt a good thing.... its just
more places we have to look.

Anyway, NDG is a better format, since you get the spaces pro-actively.

/Zak

27 Dec 2003 18:13:35
Jason
Re: Spare Boat Places

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:55:41 +0000, Zak wrote:

> Stick with NDG, creating more spaces listings isnt a good thing.... its just
> more places we have to look.

I disagree. A mailing list is always going to have a much smaller audience
than something that is web based, particularly since the drogon mailing
lists are so quiet these days.

Jason

--
http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/for Aussie diving reports including
Coral Bay, Rottnest Island, Dunsborough and Darwin

27 Dec 2003 18:35:07

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:55:41 +0000, Zak wrote:
>
> > Stick with NDG, creating more spaces listings isnt a good thing.... its
just
> > more places we have to look.
>
> I disagree. A mailing list is always going to have a much smaller audience
> than something that is web based, particularly since the drogon mailing
> lists are so quiet these days.
>
> Jason
>
> --
> http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/for Aussie diving reports including
> Coral Bay, Rottnest Island, Dunsborough and Darwin

<grin > opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

Im just a mere simple user of resources and my advice to the chap would be
to use NDG. He's far more likely to get access to divers who will fill his
places.....

Personally, I wouldnt go trawling websites for spaces, I rely on either NDG
or some private mailling lists Im part of.

Anyway, Im just one diver........enough of this, time for a few quaffable
things ;)

27 Dec 2003 21:20:39
Gordon Henderson
Re: Spare Boat Places

In article <pan.2003.12.27.18.13.31.477408@ntlworld.com >,
Bah Humbug Jason <jason.usenet.nospam@ntlworld.com > wrote:
>On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 17:55:41 +0000, Zak wrote:
>
>> Stick with NDG, creating more spaces listings isnt a good thing.... its just
>> more places we have to look.
>
>I disagree. A mailing list is always going to have a much smaller audience
>than something that is web based, particularly since the drogon mailing
>lists are so quiet these days.

There's far too much Internet dilution these days, alas. As more and more
stupid people use the 'net, mailing lists are probably going to be less and
less used, and the web-based forums will become more and more used. Pity
as I don't have enough hours in the day to look at everything, so only
look at a very small group, and rely of pushing mailing lists to
get a lot of data to me, which I can then filter in a far more efficient
manner.

Gordon

29 Dec 2003 00:40:26
Snash
Re: Spare Boat Places

gordon@unicorn.drogon.net (Gordon Henderson) wrote in message news:<bskt37$jp2 >
> There's far too much Internet dilution these days, alas. As more and more
> stupid people use the 'net, mailing lists are probably going to be less and
> less used, and the web-based forums will become more and more used. Pity
> as I don't have enough hours in the day to look at everything, so only
> look at a very small group, and rely of pushing mailing lists to
> get a lot of data to me, which I can then filter in a far more efficient
> manner.
>
> Gordon

Sic transit gloria mundi

Snash