29 Jan 2007 06:18:10
Steve Browett
Online Diving Resources

Hi Divers!

I'm quite a newly qualified diver and I'm trying to find somewhere
online where I can meet dive buddies, organise trips out and see
reviews of different places. Does such a website exist?!

Thanks,

Steve

29 Jan 2007 14:36:58
Keith Manning
Re: Online Diving Resources

www.divernet.com

Keith

"Steve Browett" <sbrowett@gmail.com > wrote in message
> Hi Divers!
>
> I'm quite a newly qualified diver and I'm trying to find somewhere
> online where I can meet dive buddies, organise trips out and see
> reviews of different places. Does such a website exist?!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

29 Jan 2007 10:03:51
Lee Bell
Re: Online Diving Resources

Steve Browett wrote
> I'm quite a newly qualified diver and I'm trying to find somewhere online
> where I can meet dive buddies, organise trips out and
> see reviews of different places. Does such a website exist?!

Congratulations.

There are probably a lot of sites that claim to provide the information and
contacts you're looking for, but none are likely to be better than a forum
established for that purpose. Rec.Scuba is such a forum when we can get
away from political and gun discussions, but it's largely US based.
uk.rec.scuba, on the other hand, is, as the name suggests, UK based and,
frankly, a lot less contentious and a lot more focused on diving that this
forum is.

Lee

29 Jan 2007 15:12:54
Ben Panter
Re: Online Diving Resources

Steve Browett wrote:
> Hi Divers!
>
> I'm quite a newly qualified diver and I'm trying to find somewhere
> online where I can meet dive buddies, organise trips out and see
> reviews of different places. Does such a website exist?!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

uk.rec.scuba is a bit quiet at the moment, but if you're based in the
UK you might want to try

British Sub Aqua Club SCUBA diving forum: www.bsacforum.co.uk
Yorkshire Divers: www.yorkshire-divers.com

for UK based scuba chat, and for information about various places around
the world to dive www.bsactravelclub.com is pretty good. I should admit
to the fact that I'm one of the people that runs the BSAC forum.

cheers,

Ben

--
Ben Panter, Edinburgh, UK.
Email false, http://www.benpanter.co.uk

30 Jan 2007 01:04:49
Ian Stevenson
Re: Online Diving Resources

YD is certainly very good, and very busy, but I didn't have time in my
life to keep up with all the posts!

Other forums worh considering are www.ukdivers.com. Bit smaller,
quieter, and easier to get into that YD.

Also if you're based in Scotland www.congeralley.com is pretty good
both as a forum and for maps of dive sites etc up this way.

Shop around until you find a site you like!

Ian