24 Apr 2005 19:03:24
et paf !
Hid yahoo groups

Hello there !
Would anybody have the link to get to the yahoo hid lamp group?
thanks in advance !

Alan

25 Apr 2005 09:30:00
rads
Re: Hid yahoo groups

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:03:24 +0200, "et paf !" <ala@yahoo.fr > wrote:

>Hello there !
>Would anybody have the link to get to the yahoo hid lamp group?
>thanks in advance !
>
>Alan

I read it because I WILL get around to building an HID canister one
day.

I've actually collected a couple of automotive HID bulbs and ballasts
in preparation and would be open to offers if anyone wants one.

David

25 Apr 2005 18:03:39
et paf !
Re: Hid yahoo groups

I build myself a diving lamp equiped with an automotive HID lamps have a
look there

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.neveu/phareenter and log on the " autres
phares " link in the left column

Alain

--
plus
ooo_[:]o

"rads" <radsxxunspamxx@davidradley.freeserve.co.uk > a crit dans le message
news: q3cp61h27htmnsc6sub36gvc1mefspd4bf@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:03:24 +0200, "et paf !" <ala@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> >Hello there !
> >Would anybody have the link to get to the yahoo hid lamp group?
> >thanks in advance !
> >
> >Alan

> I read it because I WILL get around to building an HID canister one
> day.
>
> I've actually collected a couple of automotive HID bulbs and ballasts
> in preparation and would be open to offers if anyone wants one.
>
> David

25 Apr 2005 17:25:20
rads
Re: Hid yahoo groups

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:03:39 +0200, "et paf !" <zoubizouspam@yahoo.fr >
wrote:

>I build myself a diving lamp equiped with an automotive HID lamps have a
>look there
>
>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.neveu/phareenter and log on the " autres
>phares " link in the left column
>
>Alain

Alain,

I had seen your pages before, very impressive.

It is shame you have chosen to write your website in such a quaint and
unusual language, which makes it very difficult for the civilised
world to understand....

David

ps ;-)

25 Apr 2005 18:32:32
Ken
Re: Hid yahoo groups

"rads" <radsxxunspamxx@davidradley.freeserve.co.uk > wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:03:39 +0200, "et paf !" <zoubizouspam@yahoo.fr>
> wrote:
>
>>I build myself a diving lamp equiped with an automotive HID lamps have a
>>look there
>>
>>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.neveu/phareenter and log on the " autres
>>phares " link in the left column
>>
>>Alain
>
> Alain,
>
> I had seen your pages before, very impressive.
>
> It is shame you have chosen to write your website in such a quaint and
> unusual language, which makes it very difficult for the civilised
> world to understand....

Mon dieu! C'est la guerre!

Ken

25 Apr 2005 20:58:44
et paf !
Re: Hid yahoo groups

Nope ! No more war with the Brits....;o) I am just back from scapa and I can
assure you that this type of light made with automotive components is great
in water of poor visibility, specialy using a 10 reflector....More over,
the automotive bulbs are very very robust as they are made to be turned on
and off very often.

I am planning to write my website in a more usal language very
soon...chinese ! ;oD
here is the link to my new 10 watts HID light with 4 hours burning time !
http://cjoint.com/?ezvaEdPhtS

"Ken" <ken@k1at.freeserve.co.uk > a crit dans le message de news:
d4j9jb$fch$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk...

> "rads" <radsxxunspamxx@davidradley.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:03:39 +0200, "et paf !" <zoubizouspam@yahoo.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I build myself a diving lamp equiped with an automotive HID lamps have a
>>>look there
>>>
>>>http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alain.neveu/phareenter and log on the " autres
>>>phares " link in the left column
>>>
>>>Alain
>>
>> Alain,
>>
>> I had seen your pages before, very impressive.
>>
>> It is shame you have chosen to write your website in such a quaint and
>> unusual language, which makes it very difficult for the civilised
>> world to understand....
>
> Mon dieu! C'est la guerre!
>
> Ken

25 Apr 2005 22:17:04
David Walker
Re: Hid yahoo groups

> Nope ! No more war with the Brits....;o) I am just back from scapa and I
> can assure you that this type of light made with automotive components is
> great in water of poor visibility, specialy using a 10 reflector....More
> over, the automotive bulbs are very very robust as they are made to be
> turned on and off very often.

What is the disadvantage of using car bulbs then? Presumably if they're
more robust and seemingly just as good at lighting things up, there must be
some downside otherwise they'd be used in dive torches too...?

David

26 Apr 2005 00:24:34
et paf !
Re: Hid yahoo groups

They are used in dive torch ! Just have look here...

http://www.aditech-uw.com/aditechweb/ingles.htm

the downside of using car hid bulbs is that the color temperature is only of
4500K Vs 6000K for the welch allyn type

"David Walker" <stuff@scuby.co.uk > a crit dans le message de news:
d4jmoa$2a7$1@wisteria.csv.warwick.ac.uk...
>> Nope ! No more war with the Brits....;o) I am just back from scapa and I
>> can assure you that this type of light made with automotive components is
>> great in water of poor visibility, specialy using a 10 reflector....More
>> over, the automotive bulbs are very very robust as they are made to be
>> turned on and off very often.
>
> What is the disadvantage of using car bulbs then? Presumably if they're
> more robust and seemingly just as good at lighting things up, there must
> be some downside otherwise they'd be used in dive torches too...?
>
> David

26 Apr 2005 07:52:58
rads
Re: Hid yahoo groups

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:24:34 +0200, "et paf !" <ala@yahoo.fr > wrote:

>They are used in dive torch ! Just have look here...
>
>http://www.aditech-uw.com/aditechweb/ingles.htm
>
>the downside of using car hid bulbs is that the color temperature is only of
>4500K Vs 6000K for the welch allyn type

The balasts I have are rather large to go in the light head, I think I
have read that the bulb will still strike with the ballast located in
the canister. Do you have an opinion on this?

David

26 Apr 2005 13:23:05
et paf !
Re: Hid yahoo groups

This is right, the only reason why the bulb as to be close to the ballast in
a car is to overcome the EMC distorsion "the high voltage at ignition could
generate radio problems in the car's electronics, like jammed your cruise
control driving at your usual 150 mph ! ;oD). Seriously, I've tried an HID
bulb 3 feets away from the ballast and it works just as fine.

Sorry about my poor english level....hope you understand !

--

news: koqr619bqstt7fbgkbojfqrc0e8asor1o5@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:24:34 +0200, "et paf !" <ala@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> >They are used in dive torch ! Just have look here...
> >
> >http://www.aditech-uw.com/aditechweb/ingles.htm
> >
> >the downside of using car hid bulbs is that the color temperature is only
of
> >4500K Vs 6000K for the welch allyn type
> >

> The balasts I have are rather large to go in the light head, I think I
> have read that the bulb will still strike with the ballast located in
> the canister. Do you have an opinion on this?
>
> David

26 Apr 2005 12:03:08
rads
Re: Hid yahoo groups

On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:23:05 +0200, "et paf !" <zoubizouspam@yahoo.fr >
wrote:

>Sorry about my poor english level....hope you understand !

Alain,

No worries.

Your english is far superior to the Americans who occasionally post
here.

Let alone the Scots.

David

<Gets coat to avoid the multi-nation kicking which has to be heading
this way >