16 Oct 2006 23:23:06
Triple Jumper
Help: Fish & Coral Id

Sorry if this is a FAQ.
Does anyone know of a web site which will help me to name the various
fish, eels and corals that I photographed in the Caribbean recently?
I have at least 5 different Morays and 15 different corals for a start.

Thx
TJ

17 Oct 2006 00:31:54
Zen Diver
Re: Help: Fish & Coral Id

Triple Jumper wrote:
> Sorry if this is a FAQ.
> Does anyone know of a web site which will help me to name the various
> fish, eels and corals that I photographed in the Caribbean recently?
> I have at least 5 different Morays and 15 different corals for a start.
>
> Thx
> TJ

If you have a basic idea of what you are looking for you might have a go
looking at http://www.fishbase.orgI've found it to be quite helpful,
but you do need a rough idea of what you are looking for. Although I
have just stumbled upon its identification wizard which might make
things easier. Good for your fishes but thats it.

Another place to look is http://www.digitaldiver.netIt is an underwater
photography forum and they have a specific critter and fish ID forum.
Post a picture on there and someone is bound to know what it is.

HTH

jon

16 Oct 2006 23:35:07
Robert
Re: Help: Fish & Coral Id

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:23:06 +0100, Triple Jumper
<no_email_thanks@gmail.com > wrote:

>Sorry if this is a FAQ.
>Does anyone know of a web site which will help me to name the various
>fish, eels and corals that I photographed in the Caribbean recently?
>I have at least 5 different Morays and 15 different corals for a start.
>
>Thx
>TJ

If you can email me the pics I have the 'Paul Humann' set of Reef
Fish, Reef Coral and Reef Creatures.

I will try and identify them for you.

.

Vulcan Bomber (101 Squadron)

18 Oct 2006 00:40:20
Triple Jumper
Re: Help: Fish & Coral Id

Thanks for the offer - but I'm going to invest in the books for the future.
TJ