31 Dec 2003 01:21:14
ahar
Dry Suit repairs and servicing for O'Three and DUI

Hi Guys

In the market for a new dry suit (my Typhoon Teabag has gone past the
point of economical repairs). I'm looking at O'Three or DUI but live
in North London and Weymouth (for O'Three) is a bit of trek, but
Didcot (the nearest DUI dealer) is much closer and coincidentally
about 5 miles from where I grew up. For those guys that have them, do
you have to send O'Three suits back to Weymouth for servicing and
repairs ? Would I have to send the DUI back to Didcot and then they
would sedn it on somewhere else which would take 2 weeks? How about
if I was on the south Coast and I get a hole - can local places
service those suits ? The one good thing about my Typhoon Nexus (old
style, not new) was that lots of places could wack a repair on
overnight.

Any thoughts appreciated

31 Dec 2003 10:07:20
matts
Re: Dry Suit repairs and servicing for O'Three and DUI

> For those guys that have them, do
> you have to send O'Three suits back to Weymouth for servicing and
> repairs ?

O'Three suits are a lot tougher than most membranes so it will not need
repairing too often. The material is basically neoprene so any shop that
can repair neoprene can fix it. A tube of Aquasure will fix most punctures
semi-permanently. The valves are standard Apex or Scitech so you can
service them yourself or any decent dive shop can do them.

I have been using O'Three suits for the last 6 years, I bought a new one in
July. I have lost exactly one dive in the last 600ish to a suit problem, a
4 year old seal which I knew was dodgy finally ripped as I was kitting up.
I plastered it with Aquasure and made the following dive. I try to get the
suit back to O'Three once every couple years so that they can tidy it up but
most of the time I just abuse the suit and patch it up with Aquasure. Ocean
View at Selsey made an overnight repair to a tear using a high pressure glue
gun but I don't know how many shops keep that sort of kit.

I can not recommend O'Three highly enough.

HTH
MattS

31 Dec 2003 10:22:57
Pete Young

ahar <aharries@hotmail.com > writes:

>Any thoughts appreciated

You need to fix your email address, or declare one that works:

aharries@hotmail.com
SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<aharries@hotmail.com >:
host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.167.5]: 550 Requested action not taken:
mailbox unavailable

As far as DUI is concerned, I recommend SDS Watersports in Sheffield.

For repairs, it depends on the suit. It's pretty difficult to make a hole
in a CX200, and small holes in the latex seals can be repaired with a
bicycle puncture repair kit (get the thin Cure-C-Cure patches by Romac).
Most shops can change a latex seal if this fails.

Pete

Pete Young pete@antipope.org Remove dot. to reply
"Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"

31 Dec 2003 05:55:29
ahar

pete@antipope.dot.org (Pete Young) wrote in message news:<bsu821$im9$1@visp.bt.co.uk >...
> ahar <aharries@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> >Any thoughts appreciated
>
> You need to fix your email address, or declare one that works:

Yeah. I don't have a news reader, so I use Google to post and read.
I registered with that address but got bombed with spam so shut it
down. I need to try and sort it out.

andy_harries@.get.rid.of.this@hotmail.nospam.com