23 Dec 2003 16:32:37
Chris Quinn
Diving Inquest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3344261.stm

23 Dec 2003 18:45:17
Pete Melbourne
Re: Diving Inquest

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:32:37 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Quinn"
<chris.quinn@nospam.zoom.co.uk > wrote:

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3344261.stm

BBC up to date as usual - Divernet reported it two weeks ago

Pete
diving 'at' melbourne 'dot' me 'dot' uk

23 Dec 2003 18:47:59
Pete Melbourne
Re: Diving Inquest

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:45:17 +0000, Pete Melbourne <psmvsl@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>BBC up to date as usual - Divernet reported it two weeks ago

Oops - forgot the link
http://www.divernet.com/news/stories/death101203.shtml

Pete
diving 'at' melbourne 'dot' me 'dot' uk

24 Dec 2003 00:41:01
Bardo
Re: Diving Inquest

"Pete Melbourne" <psmvsl@yahoo.com > wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:45:17 +0000, Pete Melbourne <psmvsl@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >BBC up to date as usual - Divernet reported it two weeks ago
>
> Oops - forgot the link
> http://www.divernet.com/news/stories/death101203.shtml

"A post mortem examination on Mr Gallacher, a sales director for a
refrigeration company, found he died from oxygen toxicity."

Shouldn't that have been 'death by drowning as a result of convulsions
enduced by oxygen toxicity' or am I being thick here?

24 Dec 2003 02:13:55
Simon Dakin
Re: Diving Inquest

Pete Melbourne wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 16:32:37 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Quinn"
> <chris.quinn@nospam.zoom.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/3344261.stm
>>

> BBC up to date as usual - Divernet reported it two weeks ago

Actually the BBC originally posted the story on the 9th December, one
day before Divernet:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/3304597.stm

In this article they stated that sentencing would be adjourned until the
23rd December and the latest BBC web page includes the fines imposed.

Somewhat misleadingly the Divernet article has been modified since it
originally appeared and now has the sentencing details whilst still
bearing the dateline of the 10th December.

Simon

24 Dec 2003 09:16:17
Pete Young
Re: Diving Inquest

Bardo <me@privacy.net > writes:

>Shouldn't that have been 'death by drowning as a result of convulsions
>enduced by oxygen toxicity' or am I being thick here?

Near drowning, maybe. Death by drowning is very unusual.

Pete

Pete Young pete@antipope.org Remove dot. to reply
"Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"

24 Dec 2003 09:27:12
Andrew Pitkin
Re: Diving Inquest

"Bardo" <me@privacy.net > wrote in message

> "A post mortem examination on Mr Gallacher, a sales director for a
> refrigeration company, found he died from oxygen toxicity."
>
> Shouldn't that have been 'death by drowning as a result of convulsions
> enduced by oxygen toxicity' or am I being thick here?

Quite. But not as snappy, so it is probably journalistic abbreviation. If
that is indeed what was written in the PM report, then it is extrapolation
on the part of the pathologist, as there will be no direct evidence of
oxygen toxicity.

Andy