31 Jan 2006 19:50:14
Tony of Judicious
Death of Asst HM at Kyle of Lochalsh

Heard that Johnny Ach, an Asst HM at Kyle died suddenly last wednesday at
the age of 51. I have always found him very helpful to yotties whenever I
visited Kyle and he was also an enthusiastic sailor, owning a classic
Folkboat, which he raced locally.

His funeral was today, attended by about 200. He will be sorely missed in
the village.

31 Jan 2006 21:00:48
Ian Sandell
Re: Death of Asst HM at Kyle of Lochalsh

Always sad when one of the good guys dies so young.

Ian

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:50:14 +0000, Tony of Judicious
<tony@deletethis.thoward.dot.plus.dot.com > wrote:

>Heard that Johnny Ach, an Asst HM at Kyle died suddenly last wednesday at
>the age of 51. I have always found him very helpful to yotties whenever I
>visited Kyle and he was also an enthusiastic sailor, owning a classic
>Folkboat, which he raced locally.
>
>His funeral was today, attended by about 200. He will be sorely missed in
>the village.

31 Jan 2006 14:10:27

Tony of Judicious wrote:
> Heard that Johnny Ach, an Asst HM at Kyle died suddenly last wednesday at
> the age of 51. I have always found him very helpful to yotties whenever I
> visited Kyle and he was also an enthusiastic sailor, owning a classic
> Folkboat, which he raced locally.
>
> His funeral was today, attended by about 200. He will be sorely missed in
> the village.

If he's who I think he is, he was a great bloke. One of the most
memorable characters from our cruise last spring. Enthusiastic,
cheerful and full of energy - most of it dedicated to making our stay
pleasant. He didn't charge us harbour fees and seemed genuinely
impressed that we'd made it so far north so early in the season. Some
might argue that 51 years of watching sunsets over Raasay & Skye was
probably worth 80 here in the South.

Would it be possible for someone to post a picture to confirm I'm
thinking of the right chap?

http://www.highland.gov.uk/cx/pressreleases/2006/january/harbourmaster.html

07 Feb 2006 03:40:52

http://www.whfp.com/1762/local.html