04 Jan 2004 05:50:14
Tom Ruta
http://www.mynautique.com/

?

06 Jan 2004 22:34:27
Kevin R Baugh
Re: http://www.mynautique.com/

Just shows that every manufacture builds a lemon from time to time

Kevin

Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<gdafvvgruc38us3k9o5r3iptk173bqr7eu@4ax.com>...
> ?

07 Jan 2004 07:41:45
SkiBoy
Re: http://www.mynautique.com/

Kinda funny how this guy made a whole web site of problems for us to read
and when Tom pointed it out he pulled it down and put up pictures of awards.

"Kevin R Baugh" <krbaugh@mtsinet.com > wrote in message
> Just shows that every manufacture builds a lemon from time to time
>
> Kevin
>
> Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com> wrote in message
news:<gdafvvgruc38us3k9o5r3iptk173bqr7eu@4ax.com >...
> > ?

07 Jan 2004 12:51:42
Mark Kovalcson
Well he has a new boat coming...

"SkiBoy" <Jholzk@teleweb.net > wrote in message
> Kinda funny how this guy made a whole web site of problems for us to read
> and when Tom pointed it out he pulled it down and put up pictures of
awards.

Would you want to rock the boat when a new boat was in the works?

07 Jan 2004 20:32:47
Tom Ruta
Re: http://www.mynautique.com/

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:41:45 -0500, "SkiBoy" <Jholzk@teleweb.net >
wrote:

>Kinda funny how this guy made a whole web site of problems for us to read
>and when Tom pointed it out he pulled it down and put up pictures of awards.

I'll repost the original one if you like (it is available on the web
you know)

07 Jan 2004 20:33:27
Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 12:51:42 -0500, "Mark Kovalcson"
<mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote:

>"SkiBoy" <Jholzk@teleweb.net> wrote in message
>> Kinda funny how this guy made a whole web site of problems for us to read
>> and when Tom pointed it out he pulled it down and put up pictures of
>awards.
>
>Would you want to rock the boat when a new boat was in the works?

Musta been a heck of lemon for CC to eat it like that. But good for
them. But sets a bad precedent.

07 Jan 2004 20:38:25
Re: http://www.mynautique.com/

where is it located???

shawn
"Tom Ruta" <rutat@softhome.net > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:41:45 -0500, "SkiBoy" <Jholzk@teleweb.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Kinda funny how this guy made a whole web site of problems for us to read
> >and when Tom pointed it out he pulled it down and put up pictures of
awards.

> I'll repost the original one if you like (it is available on the web
> you know)

07 Jan 2004 20:58:47
John Sindell
Re: http://www.mynautique.com/

plandrum@hotmail.com wrote:
> where is it located???

google is hard:
http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:MiphIbDwzLUJ:www.mynautique.com/

--
John Q. Sindell Jr.
jqs@pikapp.net

07 Jan 2004 18:38:32
Mark Kovalcson
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

> Musta been a heck of lemon for CC to eat it like that. But good for
> them. But sets a bad precedent.

Why is this a bad precedent? This is how CC operates. I know of other
replacements or near replacements over the last 8 years for boats with less
issues than those mentioned. If you look at the big picture it only makes
sense to do this. CC can go over his old boat and resell it with the bugs
worked out of it. Giving the owner a new boat is saving him a full years
depreciation and giving them a chance to prove to him that they do make a
great product. They stand a much higher chance of getting repeat business
this way. The alternative is that the owner would just bad mouth the boat
and CC and take his business to another manufacturer while still bad
mouthing CC.

07 Jan 2004 15:52:09
Frank Maier
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote:
> "SkiBoy" <Jholzk@teleweb.net> wrote:
> > Kinda funny how this guy made a whole web site of problems for us to read
> > and when Tom pointed it out he pulled it down and put up pictures of
> awards.
>
> Would you want to rock the boat when a new boat was in the works?

It's possible that killing the website was part of the settlement deal
with CC. A guy on rec.boats.cruising recently had a similar thing with
the Fischer-Panda generator company and they gave him a new generator
after he agreed to cancel his complaint website.

Frank - Squeaking wheel rule

08 Jan 2004 03:15:10
Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:38:32 -0500, "Mark Kovalcson"
<mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote:

>> Musta been a heck of lemon for CC to eat it like that. But good for
>> them. But sets a bad precedent.
>
>Why is this a bad precedent?

Because a simple post on the web gives me a new boat? WOW! Frankly,
most of the stuff was pretty minor. Lousy QC perhaps.

> This is how CC operates.

Notice that I said "good on CC". Customer won in this case. But what
is next?

>I know of other
>replacements or near replacements over the last 8 years for boats with less
>issues than those mentioned. If you look at the big picture it only makes
>sense to do this. CC can go over his old boat and resell it with the bugs
>worked out of it. Giving the owner a new boat is saving him a full years
>depreciation and giving them a chance to prove to him that they do make a
>great product. They stand a much higher chance of getting repeat business
>this way. The alternative is that the owner would just bad mouth the boat
>and CC and take his business to another manufacturer while still bad
>mouthing CC.
A little late for that, don't you think? :)

07 Jan 2004 22:44:25
Doug Meredith

"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote in message
> CC can go over his old boat and resell it with the bugs worked out of
it.

CC can NEVER sell it as a NEW boat.

>Giving the owner a new boat is saving him a full years
> depreciation

Why would CC care about that?

>and giving them a chance to prove to him that they do make a
> great product. They stand a much higher chance of getting repeat
business
> this way.

The same way they are gonna get repeat business from you in 10 or 20 years
<vbg >

> The alternative is that the owner would just bad mouth the boat
> and CC and take his business to another manufacturer while still bad
> mouthing CC.

Based on the brand loyalty I've seen, it wouldn't really matter. Gotta
give all the ski boat companies credit. I've never seen such brand
loyality as they have, which is good for them.

07 Jan 2004 22:51:27
Doug Meredith
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote in message
> > Musta been a heck of lemon for CC to eat it like that. But good for
> > them. But sets a bad precedent.

I read the whole site. Did CC miss stuff on QC? Yup. Was it major?
Nope. A PITA for the owner? Yup. Worth a new boat? Not in my opinion.
The way the web page was written makes it sound like he was blowing motors
etc. Not the case. Pretty funny that he NEVER mentioned that he was
getting a new boat until AFTER Tom posted the link on RSW. So he was
bitching about CC, but when they gave him a new $50K boat he didn't give
credit? Something is missing here.

I fI start a web page and say that CC said my AIr had a TSC hull, and
because it was the same sticker as was on the SN, that I was misled, do ya
think I can get a free boat too? <LOL >

I give CC credit for taking care of this above and beyond where they
needed to. Way beyond, IMHO

08 Jan 2004 04:00:18
flya750

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:38:32 -0500, "Mark Kovalcson"
> <mkovalcson@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >> Musta been a heck of lemon for CC to eat it like that. But good for
> >> them. But sets a bad precedent.
> >
> >Why is this a bad precedent?
>
> Because a simple post on the web gives me a new boat? WOW! Frankly,
> most of the stuff was pretty minor. Lousy QC perhaps.

After reading the web site narration of his CC ownership history and
understanding that he spent $60,000 on the boat. I see Nothing minor about
his troubles. Forget the QC issues, forget the service ineptness. What
about his aggravation of changing out a bilge pump before he could take his
boat out on the 4th of July weekend. That's sick.... These manufacturers
are charging ridiculous prices for simple mediocre product. (I include all
ski boat manufacturers with that last statement)

Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:44:25 -0500, "Doug Meredith"
<changethecomtonetdougme@patmedia.com > wrote:

>"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> CC can go over his old boat and resell it with the bugs worked out of
>it.
>
>CC can NEVER sell it as a NEW boat.

Maybe they'll turn it into a salad bar like that MC?? LOL

Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 04:00:18 GMT, "flya750"
<flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com > wrote:

..
>After reading the web site narration of his CC ownership history and
>understanding that he spent $60,000 on the boat. I see Nothing minor about
>his troubles. Forget the QC issues, forget the service ineptness. What
>about his aggravation of changing out a bilge pump before he could take his
>boat out on the 4th of July weekend. That's sick.... These manufacturers
>are charging ridiculous prices for simple mediocre product. (I include all
>ski boat manufacturers with that last statement)

You drive a car? was it perfect? Did it ever breakdown?

08 Jan 2004 01:38:24
Doug Meredith

"flya750" <flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com > wrote in message
> What
> about his aggravation of changing out a bilge pump before he could take
his
> boat out on the 4th of July weekend. That's sick.... These
manufacturers
> are charging ridiculous prices for simple mediocre product. (I include
all
> ski boat manufacturers with that last statement)

CC doesn't make bilgh pumps.

08 Jan 2004 06:45:48
Mark Kovalcson
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

> Because a simple post on the web gives me a new boat?

No, they did this to gain satisfaction from a very disgruntled customer and
make him happy. As I said I know others who had their boats replaced with
less issues than this customer had and these others never had web sites set
up.

> Notice that I said "good on CC". Customer won in this case.

CC is just doing what it takes to keep their satisfaction ratings so high. I
know people who had issues, some serious, with other manufacturers that were
eventually fixed but still left the customer pissed off and damn sure he
wasn't going to have a repeat purchase from that company.

> > The alternative is that the owner would just bad mouth the boat
> >and CC and take his business to another manufacturer while still bad
> >mouthing CC.

> A little late for that, don't you think? :)

CC could have just watched things happen and watch him sell his boat and
give a competitor business or they could try to make the situation better.
CC has done what they can to make the situation better and hopefully keep a
customer. If they give him a new boat that runs as well as mine does he
will be happy about it and remember that CC bent over backwards to make him
happy.

08 Jan 2004 14:48:46
Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 06:45:48 -0500, "Mark Kovalcson"
<mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote:

>...If they give him a new boat that runs as well as mine does he
>will be happy about it and remember that CC bent over backwards to make him
>happy.

But what if it is not perfect? Yours wasn't. Another website?

08 Jan 2004 15:40:10
FLY135
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Tom Ruta" <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:38:32 -0500, "Mark Kovalcson"
> <mkovalcson@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >> Musta been a heck of lemon for CC to eat it like that. But good for
> >> them. But sets a bad precedent.
> >
> >Why is this a bad precedent?
>
> Because a simple post on the web gives me a new boat? WOW! Frankly,
> most of the stuff was pretty minor. Lousy QC perhaps.

The way I see it... He bought a new boat, never got the enjoyment of owning
a new boat, CC took back his faulty new boat, and plan to give him a
properly QCed new boat. At what point is he getting more than he deserved?

If you want to get a new boat from a web page, then you'll need to shell out
for a new boat first. That's the precedent here.

08 Jan 2004 15:45:05
flya750

> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 04:00:18 GMT, "flya750"
> <flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com> wrote:
>
> ..
> >After reading the web site narration of his CC ownership history and
> >understanding that he spent $60,000 on the boat. I see Nothing minor
about
> >his troubles. Forget the QC issues, forget the service ineptness. What
> >about his aggravation of changing out a bilge pump before he could take
his
> >boat out on the 4th of July weekend. That's sick.... These
manufacturers
> >are charging ridiculous prices for simple mediocre product. (I include
all
> >ski boat manufacturers with that last statement)
>
> You drive a car? was it perfect? Did it ever breakdown?

Why yes! my Nissan Altima was problem free until the starter went out at
around 110,000 miles... the car has 182,000 on it only standard maintenance
has been needed. (starter, alternator, brakes, exhaust) has never stranded
me. I only hope I have the same luck with my American made 2004 Ford F150.

For the amount of money they are charging for these boats and the 900 point
quality check...come on...loose latches?? boat filling with water??? Have
you ever launched a boat without the plug? That tramatic experience of
opening your engine compartment and seeing water half up the motor will
haunt you for the rest of your life.

My point is these boats are waaaayyy over priced for the level of
engineering that goes into them.

flya750

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 22:44:25 -0500, "Doug Meredith"
> <changethecomtonetdougme@patmedia.com> wrote:
>
> >"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> CC can go over his old boat and resell it with the bugs worked out of
> >it.
> >
> >CC can NEVER sell it as a NEW boat.
>
> Maybe they'll turn it into a salad bar like that MC?? LOL

too funny!!! ROFPMP

08 Jan 2004 15:54:19
flya750

"Doug Meredith" <changethecomtonetdougme@patmedia.com > wrote in message

> "flya750" <flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com> wrote in message
> > What
> > about his aggravation of changing out a bilge pump before he could take
> his
> > boat out on the 4th of July weekend. That's sick.... These
> manufacturers
> > are charging ridiculous prices for simple mediocre product. (I include
> all
> > ski boat manufacturers with that last statement)
>

> CC doesn't make bilgh pumps.

Your point being??????

08 Jan 2004 11:41:28
Doug Meredith

> > CC doesn't make bilgh pumps.
> >

> Your point being??????

that a part that broke with 62 hours on it that CC didn't make has nothing
to do with CC's QC

08 Jan 2004 11:42:32
Doug Meredith

> For the amount of money they are charging for these boats and the 900
point
> quality check...come on...loose latches?? boat filling with water???
Have
> you ever launched a boat without the plug? That tramatic experience of
> opening your engine compartment and seeing water half up the motor will
> haunt you for the rest of your life.

None of this justifies a brand new boat for FREE.

> My point is these boats are waaaayyy over priced for the level of
> engineering that goes into them.

NSS

08 Jan 2004 19:00:46
Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:45:05 GMT, "flya750"
<flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com > wrote:

>Why yes! my Nissan Altima was problem free until the starter went out at
>around 110,000 miles... the car has 182,000 on it only standard maintenance
>has been needed. (starter, alternator, brakes, exhaust) has never stranded
>me. I only hope I have the same luck with my American made 2004 Ford F150.

Better start buying Powerball tickets now. The big three car mfgs.
don;t have anywhere near the "luck" on reliability.

>For the amount of money they are charging for these boats and the 900 point
>quality check...

You beleive that! LOL

>come on...loose latches?? boat filling with water??? Have
>you ever launched a boat without the plug? That tramatic experience of
>opening your engine compartment and seeing water half up the motor will
>haunt you for the rest of your life.

Can't say as I have.

>My point is these boats are waaaayyy over priced for the level of
>engineering that goes into them.

Won't disagree with you there.

Frank Maier
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"flya750" replied:
> "Tom Ruta" asked:
> >"flya750" wrote:
> > ...snip...
> > >These manufacturers are charging
> > >ridiculous prices for simple mediocre product. (I include
> > >all ski boat manufacturers with that last statement)
> >
> > You drive a car? was it perfect? Did it ever breakdown?
>
> Why yes! my Nissan Altima was problem free until the starter went out at
> around 110,000 miles...snip...

I gotta go with Fly on this one. I've never owned a Toyota or Honda
which needed anything except brakes before 100K miles. (Not including
oil changes, spark plugs, and the like.) And in this case, the price
equivalent is Mercedes. Well, of course, Mercedes is now Mopar; so I
*would* expect problems with a new Mercedes. But that's another story.

Unlike Fly, I accept (grudgingly) the companies' pricing structures.
It's up to them to set a price; it's up to me to decide if I wanna
drop as much $$ as CC or MC or whoever asks. But having made that $60K
leap of faith, the damned thing better be perfect right from the
showroom. And last a damned long time.

But, honestly, I'm not their demographic. I would *never* pay $60K for
a skiboat. We danced around this a while back when somebody talked
about a price tag of $50K. When we get into that range, I say buy a
used boat and keep $25K or so in your pocket. I mean, $25K here, $25K
there, pretty soon it adds up to real money! [With apologies to
Everett Dirksen.]

I hope he didn't (shudder!) *finance* a purchase like that.

Frank (The original Cheap Old Bastard)

09 Jan 2004 01:23:54
Tom Ruta
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

On 8 Jan 2004 11:36:36 -0800, PVMaro@hotmail.com (Frank Maier) wrote:

..
>I gotta go with Fly on this one. I've never owned a Toyota or Honda
>which needed anything except brakes before 100K miles. (...

Never hear of a recall from Honda?

>Frank (The original Cheap Old Bastard)

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

09 Jan 2004 02:24:24
flya750

> "flya750" <flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com> wrote in message
> > > CC doesn't make bilgh pumps.
> > >

> > Your point being??????
>

> that a part that broke with 62 hours on it that CC didn't make has nothing
> to do with CC's QC

If one would break down the parts list of a $60,000 ski boat Put a price
tag on those parts. That would have to be a $200-$300 bilge pump. It
better last more than 62 hours? My point was the bilge pump is the same
$9.95 bilge pump I can buy at Water world or where ever? Mediocre
engineering at best...and as Frank says Mercedes Benz prices.

The bilge pump in this instance was seemed to be a compounding factor.

09 Jan 2004 02:28:32
flya750

"Frank Maier" <PVMaro@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> Unlike Fly, I accept (grudgingly) the companies' pricing structures.
> It's up to them to set a price; it's up to me to decide if I wanna
> drop as much $$ as CC or MC or whoever asks. But having made that $60K
> leap of faith, the damned thing better be perfect right from the
> showroom. And last a damned long time.

AMEN!

09 Jan 2004 00:02:12
Doug Meredith

> If one would break down the parts list of a $60,000 ski boat Put a
price
> tag on those parts. That would have to be a $200-$300 bilge pump.

I wish they used that kind of math on my pay check.

09 Jan 2004 11:21:44
Frank Maier
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Doug Meredith" <changethecomtonetdougme@patmedia.com > wrote:
> "flya750" <flya750@hotmail.DELETE.com> wrote :
> > > CC doesn't make bilgh pumps.
> >
> > Your point being??????
>
> that a part that broke with 62 hours on it that CC didn't make has nothing
> to do with CC's QC

I'll give a theoretical response, based on speculation, not fact; so,
with a big grain of salt...

CC charges $60K for this boat and brags endlessly about quality. They
then install Rule pumps on their boats, the cheapest POS pump on the
face of the earth.

For $60K I'd expect more.

09 Jan 2004 11:42:21
Frank Maier
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote:
> (Frank Maier) wrote:
> ..
> >I gotta go with Fly on this one. I've never owned a Toyota or Honda
> >which needed anything except brakes before 100K miles. (...
>
> Never hear of a recall from Honda?

I accept your point that nobody's perfect. However, even Fiat rarely
produced a lemon of this magnitude. Maybe even Renault...

And this is not an issue of a recall for one design flaw or poorly
built component. Seems more like this boat was put together by a bunch
of stoned migrant workers who spent more time bad-mouthing Castro than
working on the boat. And his dealer should have been on his knees, all
puckered up for a big butt smooch; but was, instead, uncooperative and
confrontational.

Yes, CC generally builds an ok boat; but they're the ones who
endlessly toot their horn of quality. So with all thoes quality
checks, how did a lemon of such biblical proportions get through?

IMO, they shoulda given this guy a new boat before he got to the point
where he had to resort to public pressure (his website) to *force*
them to into a Spike Lee moment. (Do the Right Thing.)

And that's my $.02, but never my $60K!

Frank

09 Jan 2004 17:15:06
Mark Kovalcson

> > > Your point being??????
> >
> > that a part that broke with 62 hours on it that CC didn't make has
nothing
> > to do with CC's QC
>
> I'll give a theoretical response, based on speculation, not fact; so,
> with a big grain of salt...
>
> CC charges $60K for this boat and brags endlessly about quality. They
> then install Rule pumps on their boats, the cheapest POS pump on the
> face of the earth.
>
> For $60K I'd expect more.

$60K ?

I guess I won't ever consider a new ski boat purchase a reasonable
expenditure again and I owned a houseboat for 4 years. That's over 50% more
than my fully loaded boat with premium trailer listed for just three short
years ago and the economy has tanked since then too! There just isn't
enough more in that boat to justify that.

09 Jan 2004 17:57:11
Frank Maier
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Mark Kovalcson" wrote:
...snip...
> $60K ?
> I guess I won't ever consider a new ski boat purchase a reasonable
> expenditure again and I owned a houseboat for 4 years. That's over 50% more
> than my fully loaded boat with premium trailer listed for just three short
> years ago and the economy has tanked since then too! There just isn't
> enough more in that boat to justify that.

Yep, $60K. And it seems that that was the "boat show" price. That's
what prompted me to jump in with some commentary here.

Say it again, with reverence: Sixty thousand dollars. Six-tee
*thousand* dollars.

Can I get an "Amen!" from the brethren?

10 Jan 2004 00:32:47
Doug Meredith

> > CC charges $60K for this boat and brags endlessly about quality. They
> > then install Rule pumps on their boats, the cheapest POS pump on the
> > face of the earth.
> >
> > For $60K I'd expect more.
>
> $60K ?

The new MC 28 foot boat with TWINS is $102K, and no I didn't add a number
by mistake. $100K for a boat that is designed for lake use. and on the
first day of the NYC show, the MC dealer sold one to someone that had
never seen it before. SO I guess they are smarter than we are.

10 Jan 2004 00:43:42
Doug Meredith
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Frank Maier" <PVMaro@hotmail.com > wrote in message
> I'll give a theoretical response, based on speculation, not fact; so,
> with a big grain of salt...
>
> CC charges $60K for this boat and brags endlessly about quality. They
> then install Rule pumps on their boats, the cheapest POS pump on the
> face of the earth.
>
> For $60K I'd expect more.

Formula builds a boat that is built to run in the ocean. Its construction
makes CC's look like a tinker toy, and its price tag blows away CC's.
Gee, guess who's pump they use. Yup, a Rule. I have read a bunch of
posts over the years saying they are junk. Well, the FOTM is they work,
and they work just fine. I riped a drive off on a sunken log, and had
water pouring in. The pumps came on as they are supposed to, and outran
the water, like a bilgh pump is supposed to do. Are ther better/more
expensive pumps out there? Yes. Do you need them? Probably not. It
really gets old to keep reading about Rule being junk, just because there
is something out there that is better. There is always something better.
Because this guys broke probably had nothing to do with the pump. It
could have had something dropped on it, or stepped on or who knows. The
thing didn't stop working, a plastic part broke. Big deal. Thats why
there are 2.

10 Jan 2004 00:49:28
Doug Meredith

> Yes, CC generally builds an ok boat; but they're the ones who
> endlessly toot their horn of quality. So with all thoes quality
> checks, how did a lemon of such biblical proportions get through?

This is ONE boat. out of how many? I've been reading RSW for too long,
and I don't recall anyone crying about any of there boat purchases before,
any brand. Do you find little problems? Sure. This guy had a bunch of
little problems, many of which CC couldn't have detected on there water
test. (some they should have) The boat had 17 hours on it so what
happeneed to it in those 17 hours? Was it a dealer demo boat? Thats a
lot more hours than CC tests for. My Air had 2 or 3 hours on it when I
got it.

10 Jan 2004 08:55:38
Mark Kovalcson
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

> The new MC 28 foot boat with TWINS is $102K, and no I didn't add a number
> by mistake. $100K for a boat that is designed for lake use. and on the
> first day of the NYC show, the MC dealer sold one to someone that had
> never seen it before. SO I guess they are smarter than we are.

WOW!!!! Another nail in the coffin for 3-eventers. I don't know anyone who
would pay that much for a "ski" boat.

10 Jan 2004 11:56:24
Doug Meredith

> WOW!!!! Another nail in the coffin for 3-eventers. I don't know anyone
who
> would pay that much for a "ski" boat.

Keep in mind, that even MC is not selling this as a ski boat. They are
trying to compete with the I/O world on "quality". But you can't trim the
thing, so your top speed is limited. It has a small deadrise, so its
rough water ride sucks, and it has low freeboard, so you get wet in rough
water. That price puts it in line with some of the major builders. For
example, Formula has a 260 SS that is less money, with more freeboard,
more deadrise, a single big block, and more speed. And of course you can
pull a wakeboarder with it. So why someone would buy the MC is way beyond
me.

10 Jan 2004 11:22:10
Frank Maier
Re: Well he has a new boat coming...

"Doug Meredith" <changethecomtonetdougme@patmedia.com > wrote:
> "Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net> wrote in message:
> > $60K ?
>
> The new MC 28 foot boat with TWINS is $102K, and no I didn't add a number
> by mistake. $100K for a boat that is designed for lake use. and on the
> first day of the NYC show, the MC dealer sold one to someone that had
> never seen it before. SO I guess they are smarter than we are.

Yeah, you're right. I've always said I'm not their demographic and
they hafta do what they hafta do to stay in business. But don't those
numbers make you cringe just a little?

11 Jan 2004 00:19:21
Doug Meredith

> Yeah, you're right. I've always said I'm not their demographic and
> they hafta do what they hafta do to stay in business. But don't those
> numbers make you cringe just a little?

Cringe? they make me nauseous. All of the big 3 make nice boats for
skiing/wakeboarding, but IMHO they aren't in the $100K class. The
companies making those price range boats are way ahead of them. Not that
they are my favorite boats,(or even in my top 10) but you can buy a 24'
Sea Ray for way less than $100K. and get a whole lot more than you get on
that MC. Quality wise, they aren't that far apart. In Ski Boats you can
aruge for ever about who is the best, but when you leave them and go to
the I/O's a lot of the "cheaper" ones are built as well or better than the
cc/mc/m of the world.

12 Jan 2004 16:17:01
Skip Gundlach

> I wish they used that kind of math on my pay check.

I wish I *had* a paycheck! :{))

L8R

Skip

--
"And then again, when you sit at the helm of your little ship on a clear
night, and gaze at the countless stars overhead, and realize that you are