04 Jan 2004 20:13:11
Mark Kovalcson
Proctologist with two hands on your shoulders....

You know, it is one thing to know a good thing is coming to an end, but
stick the dagger in a little deeper why don't you... I was looking at an ad
for the Air Nautique SV-211. In it I quote, "Don't worry about tarnishing
your image if you have a skier in tow" So when did skiers go from merely
forgotten to unwanted pests?

Since CC still claims to build boats for the glory of God, I guess God is a
wakeboarder. If Jesus was a waterskier, he might utter, "Correct Craft, why
hast thou forsaken me!" Since they are the only company with a closed bow
ski boat in the WSM Boat Manufacturer Advertisements, I guess there is
something to be thankful for. We skiers will just have to take it like
men... Pass some Vaseline please.

Grrr... It was 70 today but way too windy to take out my historic relic that
is still proud to have a skier in tow.

05 Jan 2004 11:08:37
Pete
Re: Proctologist with two hands on your shoulders....

Relax, Mark! Things could be worse:
- You could still be living in Massachusetts.
- You could still have your old ski boat.
- Your friends could all get tattoos and screw a tower to your CC some
night.

CC has to stay in business, so they're going to sell wakeboard boats.
As long as there are none on your pond, why worry? Let them write
"cute" ad copy for the boarders -- CC still offers the 196, so your
needs are well met. And if the 196 was only available by special
order, guess what? You could still buy it, and it would still be a
great pull.

Not to be a misanthrope, but I like slalom being an esoteric sport.
Mass-market popularization might bring problems that could destroy the
pleasure (attack of the wakes!) and perhaps even the opportunity
(public access/regulations).

A small, stable, hard-core clientele will keep CC and Malibu and Goode
and Perfect Pass cranking out innovations and good product.

In the meantime, my friend, you've got to get out there and ski off
your anxieties! Even with the heart of a lion, you need to exercise
it... Next time it's windy, put your purse down and launch the boat
already! ;) Then pity those of us on mountain bikes and snow skis
who have 4 more months to wait -- WE'VE got REAL problems, while
you've simply got imperfect conditions!

Happy New Year & All The Best!

-- Pete
...who used to think that skiing behind a Whaler on the ocean was
idyllic!

"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote in message news:<fqadnYX1Ba2xJ2Wi4p2dnA@comcast.com>...
> You know, it is one thing to know a good thing is coming to an end, but
> stick the dagger in a little deeper why don't you... I was looking at an ad
> for the Air Nautique SV-211. In it I quote, "Don't worry about tarnishing
> your image if you have a skier in tow" So when did skiers go from merely
> forgotten to unwanted pests?
>
> Since CC still claims to build boats for the glory of God, I guess God is a
> wakeboarder. If Jesus was a waterskier, he might utter, "Correct Craft, why
> hast thou forsaken me!" Since they are the only company with a closed bow
> ski boat in the WSM Boat Manufacturer Advertisements, I guess there is
> something to be thankful for. We skiers will just have to take it like
> men... Pass some Vaseline please.
>
> Grrr... It was 70 today but way too windy to take out my historic relic that
> is still proud to have a skier in tow.

05 Jan 2004 18:16:20
Mark Kovalcson

"Pete" <peterichards@snet.net > wrote in message
> Relax, Mark! Things could be worse:
> - You could still be living in Massachusetts.
> - You could still have your old ski boat.
> - Your friends could all get tattoos and screw a tower to your CC some
> night.

I actually thought better of it and deleted this post this morning. Thanks
for bringing it back to life...

The wind the other day was treacherous. It brought down a number of large
tree limbs in my back yard. Hardly skiable unless you really want to abuse
yourself and get hurt. Honestly, I would love to mountain bike, but it has
been way too wet. I may ski in a couple weeks at the eskimo escapades.

I had a chance to ski behind an X7 in 80 degree weather on the ocean a week
ago, but had much better things to do.

05 Jan 2004 03:30:52
Tom Ruta
Re: Proctologist with two hands on your shoulders....

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 20:13:11 -0500, "Mark Kovalcson"
<mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote:

>You know, it is one thing to know a good thing is coming to an end, but
>stick the dagger in a little deeper why don't you... ....

I know which level you will make it to with comments like that!

05 Jan 2004 23:46:22
Frank Maier
Re: Proctologist with two hands on your shoulders....

"Mark Kovalcson" <mkovalcson@comcast.net > wrote:
> You know, it is one thing to know a good thing is coming to an end, but
> stick the dagger in a little deeper why don't you...snip...

Reminds me of the old Scots joke:

Scotsmen wear kilts because, when you have both hands full of a
squirming, frightened sheep, you can't spare a hand to work a zipper.

And then there's its corollary, althought it has nothing to do with
proctology:

Q to Scotsman: Whaddaya wear under yer kilt?

A: Yer wife's lipstick.

And my favorite comment to the proctologist while he's, errr, working,
"Hey, Doc, lemme know if you find my dignity."

Frank - I'm over 50 so I visit mine yearly. Oh, joy.