29 Sep 2003 15:30:39
Kevin R Baugh
New look for Centurion

Check out this new 23' Centurion
http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm

Kevin


29 Sep 2003 19:58:23
Bud Boland
Re: New look for Centurion

Pretty ugly if you ask me

Bud


"Kevin R Baugh" <krbaugh@mtsinet.com > wrote in message
news:5621e703.0309291430.4a28111d@posting.google.com...
> Check out this new 23' Centurion
> http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
>
> Kevin




30 Sep 2003 00:01:53
Dave
Re: New look for Centurion

The profile looks good. Sideswipe might be a good idea to minimize
teak-surfing issues. Not sure about picking up the skier on the driver's
side though.

I hope Centurion starts building a good boat. A friend has an old '87
Centurion and it was a good design for the time. After that, they never did
get it right, in my opinion.

Dave

"Kevin R Baugh" <krbaugh@mtsinet.com > wrote in message
news:5621e703.0309291430.4a28111d@posting.google.com...
> Check out this new 23' Centurion
> http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
>
> Kevin
>




30 Sep 2003 02:10:42
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 29 Sep 2003 15:30:39 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

>Check out this new 23' Centurion
>http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm

Copied the style elements from the malibu Response LXi (the 03)


01 Oct 2003 09:40:12
Bill
Re: New look for Centurion

Yep, their all copies of a Malibu in some way or another, huh.
Tower, driver on the right, upholstery inside the boat, engine in the
rear, etc. Hey, look. It uses a key to start the boat..... just like a
Malibu. ;)

Frankly I like the bright colors, the side exhaust, the agressive
looking vents on the bow, and the location of the stereo...... not one
of which is an element in the Malibus.
--
Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com


Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<cmphnvcibmo5adirhjijdtsgpgfbmf8se7@4ax.com>...
> On 29 Sep 2003 15:30:39 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >Check out this new 23' Centurion
> >http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
>
> Copied the style elements from the malibu Response LXi (the 03)


01 Oct 2003 19:20:55
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 1 Oct 2003 09:40:12 -0700, bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote:
...
>Frankly I like the bright colors,

Yeah, only Centurion uses bright colours. A nd yellow is SO DATED
(even in Malibus)

>the side exhaust,

Got me their - a solution for a problem that does not exist and
possible a new one. Who wants to get the skier when the exhaust is
right there?

>the agressive
>looking vents on the bow,

A pure copy, front and back of Malibu;'s vents as first displayed on
the RLXi.

>and the location of the stereo...... not one
>of which is an element in the Malibus.

The glove box location is about at Stoopid (tm) as Malibu's underarm
(rest) location.


01 Oct 2003 13:56:48
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

"Dave" <davedent@AtTampabay.rr.com > wrote in message news:<RJ3eb.22902$Of2.1347850@twister.tampabay.rr.com>...
> The profile looks good. Sideswipe might be a good idea to minimize
> teak-surfing issues. Not sure about picking up the skier on the driver's
> side though.

From a switch on the dash you can select the side of the boat that the
exhaust comes out.
>
> I hope Centurion starts building a good boat. A friend has an old '87
> Centurion and it was a good design for the time. After that, they never did
> get it right, in my opinion.

What is the last Centurion you where in year and model??

>
> Dave
>
> "Kevin R Baugh" <krbaugh@mtsinet.com> wrote in message
> news:5621e703.0309291430.4a28111d@posting.google.com...
> > Check out this new 23' Centurion
> > http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
> >
> > Kevin
> >


01 Oct 2003 13:58:10
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

I can see a couple of common elemnets. They are boats after all :-)
I see much more different than alike.


Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<cmphnvcibmo5adirhjijdtsgpgfbmf8se7@4ax.com>...
> On 29 Sep 2003 15:30:39 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >Check out this new 23' Centurion
> >http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
>
> Copied the style elements from the malibu Response LXi (the 03)


01 Oct 2003 15:30:54
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

Exactly! I bet the darn thing sits on a trailer just like a Malibu! :-)
The lines of the boat a very different especially in the bow of the boat

Kevin

bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote in message news:<39cdef32.0310010840.6c4d77c1@posting.google.com >...
> Yep, their all copies of a Malibu in some way or another, huh.
> Tower, driver on the right, upholstery inside the boat, engine in the
> rear, etc. Hey, look. It uses a key to start the boat..... just like a
> Malibu. ;)
>
> Frankly I like the bright colors, the side exhaust, the agressive
> looking vents on the bow, and the location of the stereo...... not one
> of which is an element in the Malibus.
> --
> Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
> http://airjunky.com
>
>
> Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com> wrote in message news:<cmphnvcibmo5adirhjijdtsgpgfbmf8se7@4ax.com>...
> > On 29 Sep 2003 15:30:39 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Check out this new 23' Centurion
> > >http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
> >
> > Copied the style elements from the malibu Response LXi (the 03)


02 Oct 2003 00:24:55
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 1 Oct 2003 13:56:48 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

...
>> I hope Centurion starts building a good boat. A friend has an old '87
>> Centurion and it was a good design for the time. After that, they never did
>> get it right, in my opinion.
>
>What is the last Centurion you where in year and model??

Centurion's construction methodology and materials are very good.


02 Oct 2003 00:25:24
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 1 Oct 2003 13:58:10 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

>I can see a couple of common elemnets. They are boats after all :-)
>I see much more different than alike.

Like what? Heck they even copied Malibu's hull designation as their
model number!


02 Oct 2003 06:06:10
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

The vent in the back is the only thing I see they have in common the
lines of the boat are totally differrent the running surface is
totally different.

Kevin


Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<c9smnvovikts64fdtvgoaqve6lcnelghkn@4ax.com>...
> On 1 Oct 2003 13:58:10 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >I can see a couple of common elemnets. They are boats after all :-)
> >I see much more different than alike.
>
> Like what? Heck they even copied Malibu's hull designation as their
> model number!


02 Oct 2003 17:12:09
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 2 Oct 2003 06:06:10 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

>The vent in the back is the only thing I see they have in common the
>lines of the boat are totally differrent the running surface is
>totally different.

Do you adjust your monitor for compensate for the rose coloured hue?


02 Oct 2003 16:03:44
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

Tom
All I can say is
DID you looook at the pictures!

Kevin


Tom Ruta <rutat@softhome.net > wrote in message news:<82nonvs8u4sl20232nc6obpjfjqf8ofpns@4ax.com>...
> On 2 Oct 2003 06:06:10 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >The vent in the back is the only thing I see they have in common the
> >lines of the boat are totally differrent the running surface is
> >totally different.
>
> Do you adjust your monitor for compensate for the rose coloured hue?


03 Oct 2003 02:43:39
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 2 Oct 2003 16:03:44 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

>Tom
>All I can say is
>DID you looook at the pictures!

I am reminded of my days teach 1st yr students at University. You
kinda had to draw real simple pictures for them. Like take a look at
the SS rub rail. Now see the vents. Compare and contrast. Extra
credit if you can explain your work.

Yeesh...


03 Oct 2003 06:20:01
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

So you claim that the entire look of the boat is a copy because
it has similar vents and rub rail lines...
Compare and contrast earlier Centurions with the
newer malibu just look at those lines Malibu seems to have copied that
look..... Now compare and contrast earlier Supras with Centurions
wow those lines look a lot a like So actually Centurion copied
the rub rail lines for 80's vintage supras's

Now please take it one step further compare and contrast the bow
section of
both boats. Now the stern wow we seem to have HUGE differences don't
we.
Now take a look at the lines of both boats from the bow view wow
things could not be much more different
Look Tom you took a stab at something and where wrong that's ok it has
happened before…..So give it a rest.

Kevin





Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<8nopnvorv6cniqfjdhd8g93q2f7t6o2jf0@4ax.com>...
> On 2 Oct 2003 16:03:44 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >Tom
> >All I can say is
> >DID you looook at the pictures!
>
> I am reminded of my days teach 1st yr students at University. You
> kinda had to draw real simple pictures for them. Like take a look at
> the SS rub rail. Now see the vents. Compare and contrast. Extra
> credit if you can explain your work.
>
> Yeesh...


03 Oct 2003 13:26:08
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 3 Oct 2003 06:20:01 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

>So you claim ...

Gee look - Mark is back!!

>Look Tom you took a stab at something and where wrong that's ok it has
>happened before…..So give it a rest.

Oh I keep forgetting - you get money from them.



03 Oct 2003 07:26:27
Bill
Re: New look for Centurion

Rub rail looks like it's off that big new Nautique from last year that
I've never seen on any lakes. Vents look like vents, weird that a boat
of all things would have them, huh. Even my '94 MC has vents, some on
the front & some on the rear.... they must have stole that idea from
Malibu too. These just look kind of evil, like a cat's eye.
Tower looks like a Pro Flight, I suppose thats from Malibu too?

Only issue I can see is the name. Why the hell they would name it
that, I don't know.... unless it's not really their name & the author
of the web page just did it to egg Tom on..... ;)
--
Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com


Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<8nopnvorv6cniqfjdhd8g93q2f7t6o2jf0@4ax.com>...
> On 2 Oct 2003 16:03:44 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >Tom
> >All I can say is
> >DID you looook at the pictures!
>
> I am reminded of my days teach 1st yr students at University. You
> kinda had to draw real simple pictures for them. Like take a look at
> the SS rub rail. Now see the vents. Compare and contrast. Extra
> credit if you can explain your work.
>
> Yeesh...


03 Oct 2003 14:44:50
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 3 Oct 2003 07:26:27 -0700, bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote:

>Rub rail looks like it's off that big new Nautique from last year that
>I've never seen on any lakes.

Malibu used that same SS rail in the RLXi for 03 - the one designed in
Kelowna BC.

>Vents look like vents, weird that a boat
>of all things would have them, huh.
>Even my '94 MC has vents, some on
>the front & some on the rear.... they must have stole that idea from
>Malibu too. These just look kind of evil, like a cat's eye.

You mean the SS screen is on your boat? Silly me.

>Tower looks like a Pro Flight, I suppose thats from Malibu too?
>
No, they stole that from Correct Craft!

>Only issue I can see is the name. Why the hell they would name it
>that, I don't know.... ...

They went as far as to trademark the name "Enzo" which further proves
that the US Patent office is useless. Why Ferrari is not after them
is beyond me. But at least they are in good company; Ben Favret
named his boat after an existing boat company as did that new Cali
company Orion.


03 Oct 2003 09:37:33
Jeff Taylor
Re: New look for Centurion


"Kevin R Baugh" <krbaugh@mtsinet.com > wrote in message
news:5621e703.0309291430.4a28111d@posting.google.com...
> Check out this new 23' Centurion
> http://www.clarkboat.com/skicenturion/pictures/enzo/enzo.htm
>
> Kevin

I'm not comparing the boats as far as who's stealing what feature, etc..,
however the Enoz has the same I/O look as the RLXi... I don't care for the
look myself. I like a tourney looking style tourney boat...

YMMV,
Jeff




03 Oct 2003 10:06:21
Bill
Re: New look for Centurion

Tom Ruta <rutat@softhome.net > wrote in message news:<2l2rnv4kgnj4jk0p6te9gagja6c4jfpeor@4ax.com>...
> On 3 Oct 2003 07:26:27 -0700, bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote:
>
> >Rub rail looks like it's off that big new Nautique from last year that
> >I've never seen on any lakes.
>
> Malibu used that same SS rail in the RLXi for 03 - the one designed in
> Kelowna BC.

I don't understand how this rub rail is any different that any other
boat. Congrats to Malibu for coming up with such an ingenius idea.
Guess they will reap the profits from selling "their" rub rail to
Centaurian.

>
> >Vents look like vents, weird that a boat
> >of all things would have them, huh.
> >Even my '94 MC has vents, some on
> >the front & some on the rear.... they must have stole that idea from
> >Malibu too. These just look kind of evil, like a cat's eye.
>
> You mean the SS screen is on your boat? Silly me.

Yes, it's on my boat. Want to know where I got the idea? The grill on
a GMC Denali. So prosecute me for "stealing" the idea.

>
> >Tower looks like a Pro Flight, I suppose thats from Malibu too?
> >
> No, they stole that from Correct Craft!

From what I've read, CC is collecting patent fees on this. Your
telling us different?


>
> >Only issue I can see is the name. Why the hell they would name it
> >that, I don't know.... ...
>
> They went as far as to trademark the name "Enzo" which further proves
> that the US Patent office is useless. Why Ferrari is not after them
> is beyond me. But at least they are in good company; Ben Favret
> named his boat after an existing boat company as did that new Cali
> company Orion.

What tangent is this?

--
Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com


03 Oct 2003 10:18:05
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

Yes I have done some computer work for Centurion

What does that have to do with the fact that you are wrong?

Nice to see that things have not changed.
Make a statment that is not true
try to out post everyone.
changed the subject
when all else fails get personal


Kevin


Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<nbuqnv83oufcit158salhu46m7st637o03@4ax.com>...
> On 3 Oct 2003 06:20:01 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> >So you claim ...
>
> Gee look - Mark is back!!
>
> >Look Tom you took a stab at something and where wrong that's ok it has
> >happened before?..So give it a rest.
>
> Oh I keep forgetting - you get money from them.


03 Oct 2003 17:30:39
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:37:33 -0700, "Jeff Taylor" <foiler@hotpop.com >
wrote:

...
>however the Enoz has the same I/O look as the RLXi... I don't care for the
>look myself. I like a tourney looking style tourney boat...
>

That overly round idea is not my first preference either , but it
does grow on you. And judging by what CC, Malibu and others are
doing, this is the look of the future.


03 Oct 2003 10:53:22
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote in message news:<39cdef32.0310030626.69f31233@posting.google.com >...

I can some similarities with that CC and even some with a certiean
MasterCraft.
but a DD low profile Malibu I don't think so.


> Rub rail looks like it's off that big new Nautique from last year that
> I've never seen on any lakes. Vents look like vents, weird that a boat
> of all things would have them, huh. Even my '94 MC has vents, some on
> the front & some on the rear.... they must have stole that idea from
> Malibu too. These just look kind of evil, like a cat's eye.
> Tower looks like a Pro Flight, I suppose thats from Malibu too?

West cost Centurion Towers I believe are Skyon swoops
East coast are built by the same oem people that build MasterCraft
towers.

>
> Only issue I can see is the name. Why the hell they would name it
> that, I don't know.... unless it's not really their name & the author
> of the web page just did it to egg Tom on..... ;)

I did that web page but never even gave Tom a second though Darn that
would have been a great idea! :-) It does not take much to get Tom
going and going and going.....

They say the Enzo sports car was the inspiration for the lines on the
boat not sure I see that but that is what they say.

> --
> Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
> http://airjunky.com
>
>
> Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com> wrote in message news:<8nopnvorv6cniqfjdhd8g93q2f7t6o2jf0@4ax.com>...
> > On 2 Oct 2003 16:03:44 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Tom
> > >All I can say is
> > >DID you looook at the pictures!
> >
> > I am reminded of my days teach 1st yr students at University. You
> > kinda had to draw real simple pictures for them. Like take a look at
> > the SS rub rail. Now see the vents. Compare and contrast. Extra
> > credit if you can explain your work.
> >
> > Yeesh...


03 Oct 2003 20:24:57
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 3 Oct 2003 10:53:22 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
wrote:

...
>They say the Enzo sports car was the inspiration for the lines on the
>boat not sure I see that but that is what they say.

I'd say more of a 60's era Cobra for the nose. Nothing wrong with
retro, I guess. But if you want inventive, the MC/Cobalt pickle fork
is much more representative than the Centurion splash job/copycat
that has you smitten.


03 Oct 2003 18:45:32
Kevin R Baugh
Re: New look for Centurion

Tom Ruta <rutat@softhome.net > wrote in message news:<7mmrnvcp30n6trk5e9aracpco1eqe4ae5u@4ax.com>...
> On 3 Oct 2003 10:53:22 -0700, krbaugh@mtsinet.com (Kevin R Baugh)
> wrote:
>
> ...
> >They say the Enzo sports car was the inspiration for the lines on the
> >boat not sure I see that but that is what they say.
>
> I'd say more of a 60's era Cobra for the nose. Nothing wrong with
> retro, I guess. But if you want inventive, the MC/Cobalt pickle fork
> is much more representative than the Centurion splash job/copycat
> that has you smitten.

Who said I liked it of did not like it?
I said it was a new look for Centurion
You are saying that they copied a BU I am saying you are WRONG!


06 Oct 2003 16:35:17
Bill
Re: New look for Centurion

> That overly round idea is not my first preference either , but it
> does grow on you. And judging by what CC, Malibu and others are
> doing, this is the look of the future.

Except for those manfacturers that aren't doing the overly round
idea..... MC, MB, Calabria, etc. Seems like manufacturers usually do a
variety of shapes to appeal to the variety of tastes out there.

Seen Malibu's new swoop forward tower yet? If you think the 2003
looked wild, check out the 2004!
--
Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com


07 Oct 2003 00:55:01
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 6 Oct 2003 16:35:17 -0700, bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote:

...
>Except for those manfacturers that aren't doing the overly round
>idea..... MC, MB, Calabria, etc. Seems like manufacturers usually do a
>variety of shapes to appeal to the variety of tastes out there.
>

With the exception of MC, the vast majority of boats play "follow the
leader" And even MC goes off on a tangent. Once you factor in 3000
for M, 2000 for CC, that is 50%+ of the market. Tige is also in the
"washed bar of soap" design school as are a couple others.

>Seen Malibu's new swoop forward tower yet? If you think the 2003
>looked wild, check out the 2004!

Already saw it - form over function (yuck IOW)


06 Oct 2003 22:31:24
Bill
Re: New look for Centurion

Tom Ruta <rutat@cadvision.com > wrote in message news:<dr34ov0qb8qinilli0ru93fjeo4o7jscnj@4ax.com>...
> On 6 Oct 2003 16:35:17 -0700, bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote:
>
> ...
> >Except for those manfacturers that aren't doing the overly round
> >idea..... MC, MB, Calabria, etc. Seems like manufacturers usually do a
> >variety of shapes to appeal to the variety of tastes out there.
> >
>
> With the exception of MC, the vast majority of boats play "follow the
> leader" And even MC goes off on a tangent. Once you factor in 3000
> for M, 2000 for CC, that is 50%+ of the market. Tige is also in the
> "washed bar of soap" design school as are a couple others.

MB's flame job & 2 speed tranny was playing follow the leader? Granted
neither are hull shapes, but give credit where it's due. If someone
wants to overweight their boat beyond belief, MB's the boat to do it
with.

>
> >Seen Malibu's new swoop forward tower yet? If you think the 2003
> >looked wild, check out the 2004!
>
> Already saw it - form over function (yuck IOW)

In your opinion..... I think it looks weird as hell myself. But I know
3 of Malibu's riders / promo boat owners & all 3 loved it over the
Skylon, saying that it is quiet, rigid as hell & works really well on
the XTi.
--
Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com


07 Oct 2003 13:12:21
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 6 Oct 2003 22:31:24 -0700, bill_airjunky@yahoo.com (Bill) wrote:

...
>MB's flame job & 2 speed tranny was playing follow the leader? Granted
>neither are hull shapes, but give credit where it's due. If someone
>wants to overweight their boat beyond belief, MB's the boat to do it
>with.

The point is that Brendel sells, what? 120 boats of about 11000?
(And let's not include the rounded I/Os that now sport towers). And
how many were actually flame jobs? (I am reminded of Mike's experiment
on the black neoprene interiors! LOL) As much as I like MB, they are
not even in the majority.
>
...
>In your opinion.....

Not just mine - the boards are rife with comments about how Illusion
towers area PITA - they block access and string ropes too easily
although the 04 version is supposedly in proved.

>I think it looks weird as hell myself. But I know
>3 of Malibu's riders / promo boat owners & all 3 loved it over the
>Skylon, saying that it is quiet, rigid as hell & works really well on
>the XTi.

The Monster and Titan towers seem to be the choice these days - the
market speaks I guess.



07 Oct 2003 07:52:03
Lake
Re: New look for Centurion

Having to "winterize" boats and take them out of the water, really
does bring out the best in the "northerners" this time of year?...
hehehehe


07 Oct 2003 17:07:46
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 7 Oct 2003 07:52:03 -0700, scon418@mailandnews.com (Lake) wrote:

>Having to "winterize" boats and take them out of the water, really
>does bring out the best in the "northerners" this time of year?...
>hehehehe

We are still skiing up here! Will be for another month or so.


07 Oct 2003 14:22:38
Bill
Re: New look for Centurion

scon418@mailandnews.com (Lake) wrote in message news:<522cd732.0310070652.3ddd84b6@posting.google.com >...
> Having to "winterize" boats and take them out of the water, really
> does bring out the best in the "northerners" this time of year?...
> hehehehe


It never really gets very cold here in Seattle so we'll be skiing all
year around..... It's the only time of year we'll get good water
conditions in the middle of the day on a weekend!
--
Bill - bill@nospam.airjunky.com
http://airjunky.com


07 Oct 2003 14:37:27
Lake
Re: New look for Centurion

Tom Ruta <rutat@softhome.net > wrote in message news:<ems5ovcgt4ur6irr80v7ikm8s5tt5tcubb@4ax.com>...
> On 7 Oct 2003 07:52:03 -0700, scon418@mailandnews.com (Lake) wrote:
>
> >Having to "winterize" boats and take them out of the water, really
> >does bring out the best in the "northerners" this time of year?...
> >hehehehe
>
> We are still skiing up here! Will be for another month or so.

Have to take advantage of the "dense water" to get those final
"personal bests" ehhh?....October in Canada? that's dedication!

Thanksgiving weekend is our last ski! We pull the boat for Dec/Jan
when the water temps get down to the mid 55 range (farenheit)..
burrrrrrr... Got to do the yearly maintenance at some point!


07 Oct 2003 23:24:52
Tom Ruta
Re: New look for Centurion

On 7 Oct 2003 14:37:27 -0700, scon418@mailandnews.com (Lake) wrote:

...
>Have to take advantage of the "dense water" to get those final
>"personal bests" ehhh?....

Actually, I do find the cold, dense water much nicer to ski on.
>October in Canada? that's dedication!
>

It has been in the 70s all week and the water is still in the high
60's. Nothing wrong with that!

>Thanksgiving weekend is our last ski! We pull the boat for Dec/Jan
>when the water temps get down to the mid 55 range (farenheit)..
>burrrrrrr... Got to do the yearly maintenance at some point!

When it snows. Several guys I know ski year round up here - the lakes
in interior BC hardly ever freeze.