26 Sep 2005 12:30:58
BoGator
Jon Boat Lift

I just bought a house with a dock. The previous owner said when he
bought the house there was a section of dock used for a jon boat lift.
The section of dock is approximately 6' X 20'. It is completly nailed
together now. There is 1 large roller for the bow to rest against and
3 other rollers mounted on a 12" X 14' board. The bottom of the dock
is approx. 3 feet off the water. I have not seen a place where a wench
was installed. It looks like, at one time one end of the "lift" may
have been able to swing to the water, but on the other side, the way it
is connected, I don't see that it ever could have moved. Can anyone
give me an idea of how this "lift" may work? I would like to restore
it if possible.

BoGator

28 Sep 2005 22:33:06
JJG
Re: Jon Boat Lift

place a link to a picture, and maybe we can help.