27 Feb 2006 17:07:29
nickmoroder
MONDO 2006 Pictures

Here's a flickr photo set. Anyone else have pictures?

http://tinyurl.com/f6mqr

--
nickmoroder
nickmoroder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11166

lleberg
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Great pictures!

I especially like the superman-pose by ryan! :)

--
lleberg

I <3 my unicycle!
lleberg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8272

nathan
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

It was truly a fantastic weekend. 'Mondo' (http://www.mondofest.org/)is
especially fun for people who like juggling in addition to unicycling.
It seems to be split about 50/50 in terms of people and gym space etc.

And a big thanks to Connie, Andy, Kim and Myron for chauffeuring us
everywhere, putting us up, and generally being awesome! Start planning
now to attend next year, the 18th!

I didn't get all that many, but here is a gallery of 23 photos I took:
http://nhoover.smugmug.com/gallery/1238779

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

nickmoroder
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Awesome Pictures!

--
nickmoroder
nickmoroder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11166

constance.cotter
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Nathan & Nick,
Thanks for getting the pictures up so quickly!
TCUC has a few pictures on-line that were taken with the club camera
at:
http://gallery.tcuc.org/MONDO%2C-2006

I had a great weekend too - much of it because of all the really
wonderful people who came to Mondo.

Next year's Mondo will be some time in February.. when I know dates,
I'll post them here.

Connie
(wearing the hat of a Mondo organizer)

--
constance.cotter
constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039

markf
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

sadly, work forced me to skip this. next year i'll definitely make it
though. looks like a good time.

--
markf

stuck in iowa and gainfully employed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Brian MacKenzie
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

I had a great time at mondo, and will be making the trip annually I
hope!

The TCUCists are a great bunch of people, special thanks to Connie for
gathering up the actors and letting me drink a beer in her magic chair,
and Gilby for putting up with several days of Canadian humour.

It was great to meet Leo something from the Netherlands as well!

Gilby and Leo enjoyed their very first poutines this weekend as well!

I love these events, getting to meet all sorts of new people, play on
new toys, and seeing all the people I have met from other gatherings.

I have some great video from the weekend...but you are going to have to
wait for it :) (Me and Gilby got to preview some on a 42" HDTV. You
can guess how that looks!!)

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 1 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Brian MacKenzie
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

leo wrote:
> Leo What?

you know, V as in fantastic?

I have contacted mac support, and they recommend squeezing the laptop
harder to force a boot sequence

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 1 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

leo
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
> Leo something

Leo What?

I got only very few clips, which I will add to unicyclist.org once my
iBook boots up.

|Filename: mondo2006way2MSP.jpg |

leo

leo vandewoestijne
*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm)to
'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

Gilby
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
> I have contacted mac support, and they recommend squeezing the laptop
> harder to force a boot sequence

ROLFLOL! You had to be there.

I had a great time this weekend and it was a lot of fun to host both
Leo V (as in fantastic) and Brian.

I tried to make some poutines today and I failed, oh well, there are
plenty of leftover ingredients, so I can try again later.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

nickmoroder
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Brian- We watched your "No Training Wheels Required."

WOW!!!

I'm going to shamelessly plug this video. Go buy it. The Coker stuff is
AMAZING!

I'm looking forward to the next video.

nick

--
nickmoroder
nickmoroder's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11166

01 Mar 2006 22:05:44
Jethro
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Mondo was great fun. It gave my kid a chance to try trials for the first
time. I will post a couple of short vids when I get the chance, but I
get the feeling this trials thing is going to cost me eventually.

I enjoyed meeting Leo, Roland, Roger Davies, Wheel Rider, Ryan Atkins,
and Brian McKenzie.

I hope to see them again and meet some more of you at NAUCC and Unicon.

--
Jethro

'Bill-a-Blog' (http://www.xanga.com/JustPlainBill)
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

02 Mar 2006 19:07:00
constance.cotter
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

I have more pics to share from one of the Mondo committee organizers.
These are a little more focused on juggling, but there is still a few
good pics of unicycling.
http://www.setnes.net/gallery/v/2006/02-24-MONDO/

I'm going through Mondo-withdrawals... and the really sad part is that
I'm at work now when I should be at practice. :(

Connie

--
constance.cotter
constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039

02 Mar 2006 19:11:24
dorkybarb
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Gilby wrote:

> I tried to make some poutines today and I failed, oh well, there are
> plenty of leftover ingredients, so I can try again later.

poutines?
what are those?
wanna share some with the rest of us?
:-)

--
dorkybarb

They say cookies hide behind every door,
then I must be opening windows.
-this is my brother jims version of-
The say love hides behind every corner, then I must be walking in
circles
dorkybarb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10681

02 Mar 2006 19:15:24
constance.cotter
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Barb,
Poutines is a disgusting Canadian dish involving potatoes and gravy. I
could describe what it looks like... but wont.

Did you or Joe get any pics from the weekend?

Connie

--
constance.cotter
constance.cotter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9039

02 Mar 2006 19:14:02
Brian MacKenzie
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

dorkybarb wrote:
> poutines?
> what are those?
> wanna share some with the rest of us?
> :-)

Technically, it's 'Poutine' (it's Canadian, eh?)

How to make:

Cook French Fries
Put Cheese (preferrably curds, but shredded will suffice)

(if there are a ton of fries, put cheese in between half, and then on
top)

Cover with Gravy (preferrably Poutine gravy, but if you are in USA,
Beef gravy will suffice)(not too much gravy as the very bottom fries
might get gross)

Eat and crave more.

(if you are american and hosting me some weekend, don't worry, I'll
bring all the ingredients!)

[image: http://www.geocities.com/canadaix/images/poutine.jpg]

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 1 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

02 Mar 2006 19:33:49
dorkybarb
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

connie, thanks for the info... but i have to admit, i am a sucker for
anything cheese related! it is just the wisconsinite in me i think!
i did get lots of pics and lots of video also.
i am planning on downloading them tonight, but after that, if you want,
i will make a cd for you. since i am semi website stupid when it comes
to figuring out what to do.
but i will have them on my website soon.

--
dorkybarb

They say cookies hide behind every door,
then I must be opening windows.
-this is my brother jims version of-
The say love hides behind every corner, then I must be walking in
circles
dorkybarb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10681

02 Mar 2006 19:33:37
Brian MacKenzie
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Jethro wrote:
> I might eat it the way he describes it.

Only if you wish to be the happiest boy in the land

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 1 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

02 Mar 2006 19:32:08
Jethro
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

constance.cotter wrote:
> Barb,
> Poutines is a disgusting Canadian dish involving potatoes and gravy. I
> could describe what it looks like... but wont.
> Connie

Connie, Brian's description makes it sound a lot better than yours. I
might eat it the way he describes it.

--
Jethro

'Bill-a-Blog' (http://www.xanga.com/JustPlainBill)
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

02 Mar 2006 19:28:32
dorkybarb
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

--
dorkybarb

They say cookies hide behind every door,
then I must be opening windows.
-this is my brother jims version of-
The say love hides behind every corner, then I must be walking in
circles
dorkybarb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10681

02 Mar 2006 19:58:22
Brian MacKenzie
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

dorkybarb wrote:
> but i have to admit, i am a sucker for anything cheese related!

Go easy on the gravy. But you CAN'T have too much cheese!!

--
Brian MacKenzie

'Training Wheel Not Required DVD - New 6min short as seen on
www.unicycle.tv' (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR_uniTV.wmv)
All proceeds from TWNR go directly into my next movie due for release
Sept 1 2006
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

02 Mar 2006 23:35:32
JackOlsen
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Brian MacKenzie wrote:
> Technically, it's 'Poutine' (it's Canadian, eh?)
>
> How to make:
>
> Cook French Fries
> Put Cheese (preferrably curds, but shredded will suffice)
>
> (if there are a ton of fries, put cheese in between half, and then on
> top)
>
> Cover with Gravy (preferrably Poutine gravy, but if you are in USA,
> Beef gravy will suffice)(not too much gravy as the very bottom fries
> might get gross)
>
> Eat and crave more.
>
> (if you are american and hosting me some weekend, don't worry, I'll
> bring all the ingredients!)
>
> [image: http://www.geocities.com/canadaix/images/poutine.jpg]

Good <Diety of choice >! That looks tremendous! I've had my share of
fries with gravy on them whilst in Canada but never with cheese curds.
And around here we got some good ol' cheese curds.

--
JackOlsen
JackOlsen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10930

03 Mar 2006 00:08:57
Gilby
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

dorkybarb wrote:
> i think i will just bother gilby until he gives in....but who knows
> maybe it would be less effort to have you come and make it for me :-)

Wouldn't be too much effort, just show up at my house and I'll be
forced to put the rest of the 5 lb bag of fries into the oven and make
some poutine(s). Sorry, I don't do delivery.

--
Gilby
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

03 Mar 2006 08:42:22
Wheel Rider
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

constance.cotter wrote:
> I have more pics to share from one of the Mondo committee organizers.
> These are a little more focused on juggling, but there is still a few
> good pics of unicycling.
> http://www.setnes.net/gallery/v/2006/02-24-MONDO/
>
> I'm going through Mondo-withdrawals... and the really sad part is that
> I'm at work now when I should be at practice. :(
>
> Connie

More great photos. The 2 guys passing 12 clubs is incredible.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips
Wheel Rider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10656

03 Mar 2006 11:07:42
dorkybarb
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Gilby wrote:
> Wouldn't be too much effort, just show up at my house and I'll be forced
> to put the rest of the 5 lb bag of fries into the oven and make some
> poutine(s). Sorry, I don't do delivery.

be warned gilby, i just might do that. :D
you never know... i am pretty sure that i could find your address
pretty easily. i mean, how many kevin gilbertsons are there in
minnesota?

hahaha! im going to start stalking you now!
not really, i don't have the time.

--
dorkybarb

They say cookies hide behind every door,
then I must be opening windows.
-this is my brother jims version of-
The say love hides behind every corner, then I must be walking in
circles
dorkybarb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10681

07 Mar 2006 16:08:11
nathan
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Just ran across this video by Myron: http://tinyurl.com/plgcu- it's
more juggling than unicycling, but still interesting.

---Nathan

--
nathan
nathan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/251

07 Mar 2006 16:55:42
Seager
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

I had to skip this year because we were in the finals of a varieties
competition that we were juggling in the same weekend. :(

--
Seager

'Team RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com)| 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com)| 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Seager's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8840

20 Mar 2006 21:16:01
Jethro
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

leo wrote:
> It still did'nt boot. But I've used my PC to publish the links in these
> two items:
>
> http://unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00825
> http://unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00830
>

> If anyone knows...
> - what is the name of Christy's idle?
> - what is the name of that move Skate4flip makes?

Christy is doing a crank idle.

So Christy gets a video and I get nothing? Shame on you, Leo. :D

--
Jethro

'Bill-a-Blog' (http://www.xanga.com/JustPlainBill)
Jethro's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9413

20 Mar 2006 21:08:13
leo
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

leo wrote:
> I got only very few clips, which I will add to unicyclist.org once my
> iBook boots up.

It still did'nt boot. But I've used my PC to publish the links in these
two items:

http://unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00825
http://unicyclist.org/blog/show.cfm?serial=00830

If anyone knows...
- what is the name of Christy's idle?
- what is the name of that move Skate4flip makes?

--
leo

leo vandewoestijne
*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm)to
'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

20 Mar 2006 21:27:32
leo
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

Jethro wrote:
> Christy is doing a crank idle.

that's not just a cranck-idle

Jethro wrote:
> So Christy gets a video and I get nothing? Shame on you, Leo. :D

Brian and I were planning on an interview with you. But my reporter
skills sucked too much. So we dropped the idea.

--
leo

leo vandewoestijne
*'+1 866-uni-cycl' (callto://+18668642925)
'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/)

'subscribe' (http://www.unicyclist.org/cont/subscribe.cfm)to
'unicyclist.org' (http://www.unicyclist.org/)!*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

20 Mar 2006 21:35:09
skate4flip
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

leo wrote:

> - what is the name of that move Skate4flip makes?

the trick i did is called a wrap.

Mondo was alot of fun. I met alot of new people and got to see alot of
awesome riders.

(oh ya my name is Jeff)

EDIT: I didnt take any pictures but i got alot of video i could upload
if anyone wants to see it.

--
skate4flip

Reply '23000' (http://tinyurl.com/88s7x),'25000'
(http://tinyurl.com/bqzo4),post '29000' (http://tinyurl.com/ay6w2),
reply '37000' (http://tinyurl.com/dzug6),post '41000'
(http://tinyurl.com/9ugos),and post '47000' (http://tinyurl.com/dmr8y)
in most replys!!!

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x)*UPDATED 3/03/06*
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

20 Mar 2006 21:39:12
Gilby
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

leo wrote:
> - what is the name of Christy's idle?

Other than the crank idle part, I do not know, but I'll see if she can
tell us. It might not even have a name.

leo wrote:
> - what is the name of that move Skate4flip makes?

I think it's called a wrap around. In Defect, you can see a superwrap
where Dan Heaton goes around like that many times in a row every which
way.:eek:

--
Gilby

One in every 600 people on the internet have visited one of my websites
today... you are one of them, thanks!
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

01 Apr 2006 01:02:28
dorkybarb
Re: MONDO 2006 Pictures

I forgot....
So if anyone wants some more pictures of MONDO, I have mine up.

barblind.com

Feel free to check them out.
I am still working on a place to put the vidoes I have from it.