31 Mar 2008 13:48:05
Scott
what happened to Tsonga?

Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau. this is a surprise to me. Did
anyone watch the match? What happened to the AO finalist?



31 Mar 2008 13:50:58
TheFleece
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On Apr 1, 6:48=A0am, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau. =A0this is a surprise to me. =A0Did
> anyone watch the match? =A0What happened to the AO finalist?

The same thing that happens to so many AO finalists.


31 Mar 2008 13:51:54
Wayne
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On 31 Mar, 21:48, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com > wrote:
> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau. =A0this is a surprise to me. =A0Did
> anyone watch the match? =A0What happened to the AO finalist?

a flash in the pan - just as I predicted in Jan.


31 Mar 2008 23:52:50
Sakari Lund
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:50:58 -0700 (PDT), TheFleece <jkraal@gmail.com >
wrote:

>On Apr 1, 6:48 am, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau.  this is a surprise to me.  Did
>> anyone watch the match?  What happened to the AO finalist?
>
>The same thing that happens to so many AO finalists.

Yes...


31 Mar 2008 13:54:28
Wayne
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On 31 Mar, 21:52, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com > wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:50:58 -0700 (PDT), TheFleece <jkr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On Apr 1, 6:48=A0am, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau. =A0this is a surprise to me. =A0Did
> >> anyone watch the match? =A0What happened to the AO finalist?
>
> >The same thing that happens to so many AO finalists.
>
> Yes...

surely he'll turn out to be better than schuettler though?


31 Mar 2008 23:57:48
TJT
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

Scott wrote:
> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau. this is a surprise to me. Did
> anyone watch the match? What happened to the AO finalist?
>

Wind?


01 Apr 2008 00:00:42
Sakari Lund
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:54:28 -0700 (PDT), Wayne <waynetv50@yahoo.com >
wrote:

>On 31 Mar, 21:52, Sakari Lund <sakari.l...@welho.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 13:50:58 -0700 (PDT), TheFleece <jkr...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On Apr 1, 6:48 am, Scott <scott...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> >> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau.  this is a surprise to me.  Did
>> >> anyone watch the match?  What happened to the AO finalist?
>>
>> >The same thing that happens to so many AO finalists.
>>
>> Yes...
>
>surely he'll turn out to be better than schuettler though?

I wouldn't be sure about that. I think Schüttler made YEC, so was
ranked in top 8.


31 Mar 2008 21:11:32
John Doe
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

TJT <thetjt@yahoo.com > wrote:

> Scott wrote:
>> Tsonga lost 3 and 3 to Benneteau. this is a surprise to me. Did
>> anyone watch the match? What happened to the AO finalist?
>>
>
> Wind?
>

Hot and windy. I wonder if it's dusty too.
Yuck.


31 Mar 2008 14:55:01
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.

He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
and Gonzo in various other AO finals. Tsonga is a flake with great
talent which will largely remain unrealized. He'll always be hovering
the 30's in the rankings.

Also, as I pointed out during the IW tournament, he's gained a lot of
weight since Australia. He was always pudgy but looked pretty good
down under. Now he's back gobbling down at the twinkie trunk 24/7.


31 Mar 2008 16:01:52
Patrick Kehoe
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On Mar 31, 2:55=A0pm, ulys...@mscomm.com wrote:
> The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
> should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
> his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
> crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.
>
> He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
> and Gonzo in various other AO finals. Tsonga is a flake with great
> talent which will largely remain unrealized. He'll always be hovering
> the 30's in the rankings.
>
> Also, as I pointed out during the IW tournament, he's gained a lot of
> weight since Australia. He was always pudgy but looked pretty good
> down under. Now he's back gobbling down at the twinkie trunk 24/7.

++ Tsonga just can't keep to the discipline of keeping at absolute top
shape... this time he doesn't have the injury bug to blame either...
AND what about Denko... he actually look slightly lighter than last
year, if that's possible... maybe all that worry to do with the
gambling allegations caused him some stress loss...

P



01 Apr 2008 10:06:42
DavidW
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

ulysses@mscomm.com wrote:
> The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
> should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
> his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
> crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.
>
> He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
> and Gonzo in various other AO finals.

And Baghdatis. I'm had more than my fill of it. We now deserve three or four
years straight of finals between two of the top-ranked three or four players,
and at least one of those a five-set epic.




31 Mar 2008 16:38:52
Scott
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On Mar 31, 8:06=A0pm, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided > wrote:
> ulys...@mscomm.com wrote:
> > The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
> > should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
> > his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
> > crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.
>
> > He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
> > and Gonzo in various other AO finals.
>
> And Baghdatis. I'm had more than my fill of it. We now deserve three or fo=
ur
> years straight of finals between two of the top-ranked three or four playe=
rs,
> and at least one of those a five-set epic.

there's definitely a pattern with AO finalists. Safin is the only guy
I remember who lost and then came back and won.


01 Apr 2008 00:25:13
John Doe
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

ulysses@mscomm.com wrote:

> The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
> should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
> his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
> crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.

He crashed out early? Looks like he did pretty well.


01 Apr 2008 19:46:43
Whisper
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

Scott wrote:
> On Mar 31, 8:06 pm, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided> wrote:
>> ulys...@mscomm.com wrote:
>>> The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
>>> should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
>>> his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
>>> crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.
>>> He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
>>> and Gonzo in various other AO finals.
>> And Baghdatis. I'm had more than my fill of it. We now deserve three or four
>> years straight of finals between two of the top-ranked three or four players,
>> and at least one of those a five-set epic.
>
> there's definitely a pattern with AO finalists. Safin is the only guy
> I remember who lost and then came back and won.


er, Sampras?



01 Apr 2008 04:02:55
Scott
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

On Apr 1, 4:46=A0am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> Scott wrote:
> > On Mar 31, 8:06 pm, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided> wrote:
> >> ulys...@mscomm.com wrote:
> >>> The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
> >>> should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
> >>> his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
> >>> crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.
> >>> He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
> >>> and Gonzo in various other AO finals.
> >> And Baghdatis. I'm had more than my fill of it. We now deserve three or=
four
> >> years straight of finals between two of the top-ranked three or four pl=
ayers,
> >> and at least one of those a five-set epic.
>
> > there's definitely a pattern with AO finalists. =A0Safin is the only guy=

> > I remember who lost and then came back and won.
>
> er, Sampras?

obviously the conversation had changed to flakes who made the AO
final, not GOAT possibilities....


01 Apr 2008 22:53:22
Whisper
Re: what happened to Tsonga?

Scott wrote:
> On Apr 1, 4:46 am, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> Scott wrote:
>>> On Mar 31, 8:06 pm, "DavidW" <n...@email.provided> wrote:
>>>> ulys...@mscomm.com wrote:
>>>>> The question is flawed: "What happened to Tsonga?" This same question
>>>>> should have been asked at the Australian Open when he played out of
>>>>> his mind and 50% better than his usual play. That was unusual, him
>>>>> crashing out early in tournaments is the norm.
>>>>> He had a great two weeks. So did Rainer Schuettler, Thomas Johanson
>>>>> and Gonzo in various other AO finals.
>>>> And Baghdatis. I'm had more than my fill of it. We now deserve three or four
>>>> years straight of finals between two of the top-ranked three or four players,
>>>> and at least one of those a five-set epic.
>>> there's definitely a pattern with AO finalists. Safin is the only guy
>>> I remember who lost and then came back and won.
>> er, Sampras?
>
> obviously the conversation had changed to flakes who made the AO
> final, not GOAT possibilities....


My bad. Agree Safin is epitome.