30 Jul 2006 14:37:06
jingus
smashnova 12-0 in finals

smashnova d. dominguez lino 6-1 6-3

to remain undefeated in final round matches. it's a fairly impressive
statistic even though these are lower tier events. i don't think that
it's impressive enough to get her into the tennis hall of fame though.

30 Jul 2006 17:55:42
Sakari Lund
Re: smashnova 12-0 in finals

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:37:06 GMT, jingus <jingus@mindspring.com >
wrote:

>smashnova d. dominguez lino 6-1 6-3
>
>to remain undefeated in final round matches. it's a fairly impressive
>statistic even though these are lower tier events. i don't think that
>it's impressive enough to get her into the tennis hall of fame though.

She picks the right tournaments. I think most of her wins are from
these small clay events after Wimbledon. But it is pretty impressive
that she hasn't lost even one of them. I watched live one of her wins
here in 2003. That was pretty close, but often the score has been
something like today.

30 Jul 2006 15:21:36
gp calliauw
Re: smashnova 12-0 in finals

"Sakari Lund" <sakari.lund@welho.com > schreef in bericht
> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:37:06 GMT, jingus <jingus@mindspring.com>
> wrote:
>
>>smashnova d. dominguez lino 6-1 6-3
>>
>>to remain undefeated in final round matches. it's a fairly
>>impressive
>>statistic even though these are lower tier events. i don't think
>>that
>>it's impressive enough to get her into the tennis hall of fame
>>though.
>
> She picks the right tournaments. I think most of her wins are from
> these small clay events after Wimbledon. But it is pretty
> impressive
> that she hasn't lost even one of them. I watched live one of her
> wins
> here in 2003. That was pretty close, but often the score has been
> something like today.

Surely, you must remember that in 2000 she had the gall to beat our
(your?) very own DVR in the final here in Knokke? I wasn't there,
but I had been at practically all the sessions during the week. It
was the time when you could go and see the young JHH, Sabine
Appelmans and DVR for like 4.00 and then Rita Kuti-Kis,
Barabanshikova, the young Marrero, the stately Torrens Valero and
the slender Mirka Vavrinec. Ahh, the memories...

30 Jul 2006 18:44:27
Sakari Lund
Re: smashnova 12-0 in finals

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 15:21:36 GMT, "gp calliauw"
<geert.calliauw@pandora.be > wrote:

>"Sakari Lund" <sakari.lund@welho.com> schreef in bericht
>> On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:37:06 GMT, jingus <jingus@mindspring.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>smashnova d. dominguez lino 6-1 6-3
>>>
>>>to remain undefeated in final round matches. it's a fairly
>>>impressive
>>>statistic even though these are lower tier events. i don't think
>>>that
>>>it's impressive enough to get her into the tennis hall of fame
>>>though.
>>
>> She picks the right tournaments. I think most of her wins are from
>> these small clay events after Wimbledon. But it is pretty
>> impressive
>> that she hasn't lost even one of them. I watched live one of her
>> wins
>> here in 2003. That was pretty close, but often the score has been
>> something like today.
>
>Surely, you must remember that in 2000 she had the gall to beat our
>(your?) very own DVR in the final here in Knokke? I wasn't there,
>but I had been at practically all the sessions during the week. It
>was the time when you could go and see the young JHH, Sabine
>Appelmans and DVR for like 4.00 and then Rita Kuti-Kis,
>Barabanshikova, the young Marrero, the stately Torrens Valero and
>the slender Mirka Vavrinec. Ahh, the memories...

4.00? I think it was at least 15 here early in the week, but anyway,
I had accreditation and watched ASV, Schnyder, Farina, young
Kuznetsova, Mandula, Kostanic, Smashnova etc. for free. The tournament
is in Stockholm in couple of weeks, don't know if it is coming back
some year.