09 May 2007 10:16:18
fearsomeforehand
Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.

09 May 2007 10:22:07
Voice of Reason
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On May 9, 1:16 pm, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.

Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.

09 May 2007 10:23:35
fearsomeforehand

On May 9, 1:22 pm, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On May 9, 1:16 pm, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.
>
> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.

The court is pretty fast.

09 May 2007 17:33:24
Dr. GroundAxe

"fearsomeforehand" <FearsomeForehand@gmail.com > wrote in message
> On May 9, 1:22 pm, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 9, 1:16 pm, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.
>>
>> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
>> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.
>
> The court is pretty fast.

Seems a bit much to say he is vulnerable after coming through his match is 2
pretty comfortable sets. I'd say he's adjusting to the court like most
players in the early rounds.

09 May 2007 10:40:32
fearsomeforehand

On May 9, 1:33 pm, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk > wrote:
> "fearsomeforehand" <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On May 9, 1:22 pm, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
> >> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.
>
> > The court is pretty fast.
>
> Seems a bit much to say he is vulnerable after coming through his match is 2
> pretty comfortable sets. I'd say he's adjusting to the court like most
> players in the early rounds.

Vulnerable relative to Monte Carlo. He was looking unbeatable there
right from Rd 1.

09 May 2007 10:43:53
andrew.reys@gmail.com

On May 9, 10:33 am, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk > wrote:
> Seems a bit much to say he is vulnerable after coming through his match is 2
> pretty comfortable sets. I'd say he's adjusting to the court like most
> players in the early rounds.

Odd. I don't recall you ever claiming that Fed is just adjusting to
the courts in any of his close early round wins.

09 May 2007 20:53:21
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On Wed, 09 May 2007 17:33:24 GMT, "Dr. GroundAxe"
<groundaxe@hotmail.co.uk > wrote:

>"fearsomeforehand" <FearsomeForehand@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On May 9, 1:22 pm, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
>>> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.
>>
>> The court is pretty fast.
>>

>Seems a bit much to say he is vulnerable after coming through his match is 2
>pretty comfortable sets. I'd say he's adjusting to the court like most
>players in the early rounds.

Nadal has had tight matches in Rome during 05 and 06. He's not very
vulnerable in this form though...let's say he's MOST vulnerable at
Rome of all clay tournaments. If he loses a clay match this season
it's here, against Yuzhny or Fed.

Nadal 2005, 2006 Rome:
http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity.asp?prevtrnnum=0&year=2006&query=Singles&selTournament=416&player=N409&x=17&y=14

09 May 2007 10:56:35

On May 9, 1:53 pm, the...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Wed, 09 May 2007 17:33:24 GMT, "Dr. GroundAxe"
>

> <ground...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >"fearsomeforehand" <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >> The court is pretty fast.
>
> >Seems a bit much to say he is vulnerable after coming through his match is 2
> >pretty comfortable sets. I'd say he's adjusting to the court like most
> >players in the early rounds.
>
> Nadal has had tight matches in Rome during 05 and 06. He's not very
> vulnerable in this form though...let's say he's MOST vulnerable at
> Rome of all clay tournaments. If he loses a clay match this season
> it's here, against Yuzhny or Fed.
>
> Nadal 2005, 2006 Rome:http://www.atptennis.com/5/en/players/playerprofiles/playeractivity.a...

Yes.. that's what I meant

09 May 2007 11:01:42
Sao Paulo Swallow
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On May 9, 10:43 am, "andrew.r...@gmail.com" <andrew.r...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> On May 9, 10:33 am, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Seems a bit much to say he is vulnerable after coming through his match is 2
> > pretty comfortable sets. I'd say he's adjusting to the court like most
> > players in the early rounds.
>
> Odd. I don't recall you ever claiming that Fed is just adjusting to
> the courts in any of his close early round wins.

Groundie and Whispie are ruled by their emotions. Nadal -- because
he's the Federer killer -- and Murray -- obvious -- get complete
empathy from Groundie. Everyone else gets scorn.

09 May 2007 11:16:38
Lord Federer

On 9 May, 18:22, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com > wrote:
> On May 9, 1:16 pm, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.
>
> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.

He was broken once in the entire match, which is nothing unusual for
Nadal. Still, it's true that this is probably the toughest clay
tournament for him. Makes me wonder why he's playing doubles --
perhaps he's preparing for Wimbledon now that the FO is in the bag? :-)

09 May 2007 11:17:13
andrew.reys@gmail.com
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On May 9, 11:01 am, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com >
wrote:
> Groundie and Whispie are ruled by their emotions. Nadal -- because
> he's the Federer killer -- and Murray -- obvious -- get complete
> empathy from Groundie. Everyone else gets scorn.

Groundie's actually been giving Murray a fair amount of flak in recent
times.

09 May 2007 11:25:54
Sao Paulo Swallow
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On May 9, 11:17 am, "andrew.r...@gmail.com" <andrew.r...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> On May 9, 11:01 am, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Groundie and Whispie are ruled by their emotions. Nadal -- because
> > he's the Federer killer -- and Murray -- obvious -- get complete
> > empathy from Groundie. Everyone else gets scorn.
>
> Groundie's actually been giving Murray a fair amount of flak in recent
> times.

Murray's breaking his heart. Groudie's lashing out.

09 May 2007 11:35:37
Lord Federer
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On 9 May, 19:17, "andrew.r...@gmail.com" <andrew.r...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> On May 9, 11:01 am, Sao Paulo Swallow <Sao_Paulo_Swal...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Groundie and Whispie are ruled by their emotions. Nadal -- because
> > he's the Federer killer -- and Murray -- obvious -- get complete
> > empathy from Groundie. Everyone else gets scorn.
>
> Groundie's actually been giving Murray a fair amount of flak in recent
> times.

He often rails against his favourites when they don't perform as well
as he'd like them to.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/8d78ef58bae67228/110c27d92127e01a
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/8ae4797149abb8b/1d118e193cb82b6f
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.sport.tennis/browse_thread/thread/10190413564213cd/3957a8c1ea543955

09 May 2007 22:40:25
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On 9 May 2007 11:16:38 -0700, Lord Federer <food76@googlemail.com >
wrote:

>On 9 May, 18:22, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 9, 1:16 pm, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.
>>
>> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
>> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.
>
>He was broken once in the entire match, which is nothing unusual for
>Nadal. Still, it's true that this is probably the toughest clay
>tournament for him. Makes me wonder why he's playing doubles --
>perhaps he's preparing for Wimbledon now that the FO is in the bag? :-)

Exactly my thoughts. He's also upping his game to more aggressive mode
and changing serving action because of Wimbledon+hard court season. FO
*is* in the bag.

09 May 2007 12:44:07

On 9 May, 20:40, the...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 9 May 2007 11:16:38 -0700, Lord Federer <foo...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >On 9 May, 18:22, Voice of Reason <sasidha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Bracialli did break him twice in the first set today. He looks
> >> vulnerable at Rome -- I wonder why.
>
> >He was broken once in the entire match, which is nothing unusual for
> >Nadal. Still, it's true that this is probably the toughest clay
> >tournament for him. Makes me wonder why he's playing doubles --
> >perhaps he's preparing for Wimbledon now that the FO is in the bag? :-)
>
> Exactly my thoughts. He's also upping his game to more aggressive mode
> and changing serving action because of Wimbledon+hard court season. FO
> *is* in the bag.

Absolutely ridiculous statement.

Anything can happen - injury, loss of form, an inspired opponent. OK,
not very likely, but Nadal is surely not stupid enough to assume that
he won't be beaten on clay this year and start practising other stuff
for tournaments a few weeks later?

09 May 2007 13:02:25
andrew.reys@gmail.com

On May 9, 11:35 am, Lord Federer <foo...@googlemail.com > wrote:
> He often rails against his favourites when they don't perform as well
> as he'd like them to.

That he does.

09 May 2007 21:38:30
EFill4Zaggin
Re: Will Nadal even lose a set this clay season?

On 9 May 2007 10:16:18 -0700, fearsomeforehand
<FearsomeForehand@gmail.com > wrote:

>Scary!! The chance of that happening is highest in Rome, though.

I'm sure he will at some point.

09 May 2007 21:37:26
Dr. GroundAxe

<andrew.reys@gmail.com > wrote in message
> On May 9, 11:35 am, Lord Federer <foo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> He often rails against his favourites when they don't perform as well
>> as he'd like them to.
>
> That he does.

It's about not being a total fanboy. Something about which you know nothing.

09 May 2007 15:10:21
andrew.reys@gmail.com

On May 9, 2:37 pm, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk > wrote:
> It's about not being a total fanboy. Something about which you know nothing.

Jeez, good one GroundAxe. I guess it's all about being a knee-jerk
reactionist with no understanding of the game - something about which
you know a lot?

Not to mention that, were you able to read and comprehend at a better-
than-grade-school level, you'd have noticed the numerous times I've
either criticized or otherwise disparaged Fed, and other times when
I've praised and/or shown interest in Nadal.

09 May 2007 22:55:36
Dr. GroundAxe

> On May 9, 2:37 pm, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> It's about not being a total fanboy. Something about which you know
>> nothing.
>
> Jeez, good one GroundAxe. I guess it's all about being a knee-jerk
> reactionist with no understanding of the game - something about which
> you know a lot?
>
> Not to mention that, were you able to read and comprehend at a better-
> than-grade-school level, you'd have noticed the numerous times I've
> either criticized or otherwise disparaged Fed, and other times when
> I've praised and/or shown interest in Nadal.

What is it that leads you to believe I read all your posts?

09 May 2007 15:57:00
andrew.reys@gmail.com

On May 9, 3:55 pm, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk > wrote:
> What is it that leads you to believe I read all your posts?

I never implied any such belief. However, one would expect one to know
what one is talking about before one opens ones uninformed mouth.

09 May 2007 16:49:56
Lord Federer

On May 9, 8:44 pm, gregor...@hotmail.com wrote:
> On 9 May, 20:40, the...@yahoo.com wrote:
>

> > On 9 May 2007 11:16:38 -0700, Lord Federer <foo...@googlemail.com>
> > wrote:

> > >He was broken once in the entire match, which is nothing unusual for
> > >Nadal. Still, it's true that this is probably the toughest clay
> > >tournament for him. Makes me wonder why he's playing doubles --
> > >perhaps he's preparing for Wimbledon now that the FO is in the bag? :-)
>
> > Exactly my thoughts. He's also upping his game to more aggressive mode
> > and changing serving action because of Wimbledon+hard court season. FO
> > *is* in the bag.
>
> Absolutely ridiculous statement.
>
> Anything can happen - injury, loss of form, an inspired opponent. OK,
> not very likely, but Nadal is surely not stupid enough to assume that
> he won't be beaten on clay this year and start practising other stuff
> for tournaments a few weeks later?

Yes, he doesn't want to make the same mistake Sampras made... ;-)

10 May 2007 00:22:03
Dr. GroundAxe

> On May 9, 3:55 pm, "Dr. GroundAxe" <ground...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> What is it that leads you to believe I read all your posts?
>
> I never implied any such belief. However, one would expect one to know
> what one is talking about before one opens ones uninformed mouth.

You've made failing to adhere to this principle your life's work.