31 Jul 2006 21:03:22
Carey
Roddick in doubt for USO due to pulled muscle (?)..

According to numerous press reports. Maybe a pressure-lowering tactic?
Or is a month insufficient time
to a)recover or b)improve play to Connors's standard? One day A-Rod
announces Connors as coach, a coupla
days later he's missing USO? Not a good tournament for Roddick to
miss, to say the least- the pack smell
blood already. New-coach time, again? And how he get to twelve Slams,
at this rate? :-)

31 Jul 2006 21:14:34
Isaza
Re: Roddick in doubt for USO due to pulled muscle (?)..

Carey wrote:
> According to numerous press reports. Maybe a pressure-lowering tactic?
> Or is a month insufficient time
> to a)recover or b)improve play to Connors's standard? One day A-Rod
> announces Connors as coach, a coupla
> days later he's missing USO? Not a good tournament for Roddick to
> miss, to say the least- the pack smell
> blood already. New-coach time, again? And how he get to twelve Slams,
> at this rate? :-)

Sounds like press reports from sportswriters who don't know a thing
about tennis. Roddick said he had already healed significantly over the
past few days but that he doesn't want to risk reinjuring his side with
the Open not that far away. I seriously doubt he'll miss Toronto or
Cincinnati.

31 Jul 2006 21:33:25
Carey

Isaza wrote:
> Carey wrote:
> > According to numerous press reports. Maybe a pressure-lowering tactic?
> > Or is a month insufficient time
> > to a)recover or b)improve play to Connors's standard? One day A-Rod
> > announces Connors as coach, a coupla
> > days later he's missing USO? Not a good tournament for Roddick to
> > miss, to say the least- the pack smell
> > blood already. New-coach time, again? And how he get to twelve Slams,
> > at this rate? :-)
>
> Sounds like press reports from sportswriters who don't know a thing
> about tennis. Roddick said he had already healed significantly over the
> past few days but that he doesn't want to risk reinjuring his side with
> the Open not that far away. I seriously doubt he'll miss Toronto or
> Cincinnati.

Sounds like he's pulling from Washington for more practice time. Those
who claimed Roddick's woes
were caused by lack of prac/ commitment will be needing a new excuse,
although he
could still take the East Keokuk Pro/Am, I guess. [Go Andy- Iowa loves
ya!]