30 Jul 2006 16:22:55
grif
Murray vs Nadal (an indepth comparison)

"Nadal is the ultimate positive source, whereas Andy tends to appear a
little bit lacking in motivation," Dr John Murray, a leading US tennis
psychologist, said. "Murray is never going to be Rafael Nadal but he seems
like he has a lot of ways in which he can maximise his game mentally. I am a
great supporter of him."

Dr Murray made a point of introducing himself to Murray at Wimbledon this
year and offered him a copy of his self-help book, Smart Tennis. Murray's
response? " I chucked the book in the bin," he said at the time. One doubts
Nadal would have done the same.

MAKING A NEW MAN OF MURRAY

Yes Andy, you too could have a body like Rafael's. You just have to adopt a
few Spanish practices and tweak your daily training schedule - slightly

MURRAY

7.00: No idea what that time means

10.00: Struggles out of bed, finishes off the Mars bar on his bedside table
for breakfast

11.00: On court for a training session, stretches a bit, talks about last
night's episode of Prison Break

1.30: Times his lunch to coincide with Neighbours

3.00: Wakes up from siesta - he learnt that in Spain - and stretches a bit

3.30: Gets back on court and plays a couple of tie-breaks with his hitting
partner

5.00: Exhausted, goes home and reads a copy of Men's Health magazine, thinks
about doing some weights

6.00-midnight: Plays on his X-Box and settles down with a takeaway pizza to
watch Big Brother

NADAL

7.00: Breakfast of four Shredded Wheat

8.00: On to the court for a two-hour training session, including solid
hitting, shuttle runs and skipping

10.00: Break

10.30: Back on court for two more hours of training, focusing on
cardio-vascular exercise

12.30: Lunch

2.30: Into the gym for weight training, concentrating on power, especially
through bench presses

4.30: Warm down

5.00: Home to play computer games and dream about tennis

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-2290225,00.html

30 Jul 2006 08:28:42
Adam Thirnis
Re: Murray vs Nadal (an indepth comparison)

lol

it's evidently gilbert's intention for murray to have a more nadal-like
regime. whether young andy has the stomach for it we shall see...

30 Jul 2006 21:33:51
JP

"grif" <griffin_230@btinternet.com > wrote in message

> "Nadal is the ultimate positive source, whereas Andy tends to appear a
> little bit lacking in motivation," Dr John Murray, a leading US tennis
> psychologist, said. "Murray is never going to be Rafael Nadal but he seems
> like he has a lot of ways in which he can maximise his game mentally. I am
> a great supporter of him."
>
> Dr Murray made a point of introducing himself to Murray at Wimbledon this
> year and offered him a copy of his self-help book, Smart Tennis. Murray's
> response? " I chucked the book in the bin," he said at the time. One
> doubts Nadal would have done the same.
>
> MAKING A NEW MAN OF MURRAY
>
> Yes Andy, you too could have a body like Rafael's. You just have to adopt
> a few Spanish practices and tweak your daily training schedule - slightly
>
> MURRAY
>
> 7.00: No idea what that time means
>
> 10.00: Struggles out of bed, finishes off the Mars bar on his bedside
> table for breakfast
>
> 11.00: On court for a training session, stretches a bit, talks about last
> night's episode of Prison Break
>
> 1.30: Times his lunch to coincide with Neighbours
>
> 3.00: Wakes up from siesta - he learnt that in Spain - and stretches a bit
>
> 3.30: Gets back on court and plays a couple of tie-breaks with his hitting
> partner
>
> 5.00: Exhausted, goes home and reads a copy of Men's Health magazine,
> thinks about doing some weights
>
> 6.00-midnight: Plays on his X-Box and settles down with a takeaway pizza
> to watch Big Brother
>
> NADAL
>
> 7.00: Breakfast of four Shredded Wheat
>
> 8.00: On to the court for a two-hour training session, including solid
> hitting, shuttle runs and skipping
>
> 10.00: Break
>
> 10.30: Back on court for two more hours of training, focusing on
> cardio-vascular exercise
>
> 12.30: Lunch
>
> 2.30: Into the gym for weight training, concentrating on power, especially
> through bench presses
>
> 4.30: Warm down
>
> 5.00: Home to play computer games and dream about tennis
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,5205-2290225,00.html
Indepth comparison - my arse.
All this was timing rubbish entirely fictional.
The actual paper said the timings words were by Simon Chambers.

It just shows that the Times too has joined the gutter press.
Where fiction replaces news and assorted miscellaneous quotes are concocted
together in a pathectic attempt to try make a fish story.

31 Jul 2006 08:32:50
RuPEDski
Re: Murray vs Nadal (an indepth comparison)

> Indepth comparison - my arse.
> All this was timing rubbish entirely fictional.
> The actual paper said the timings words were by Simon Chambers.
>
> It just shows that the Times too has joined the gutter press.
> Where fiction replaces news and assorted miscellaneous quotes are
> concocted together in a pathectic attempt to try make a fish story.

That much was obvious, a rather lame attempt at humour. Entire article
impressed me as an utter waste! Gilbert thinks Murray needs to become
fitter. Great. We all know that. This has been part of Gilbert's
prescription for every player. It's also a mainstay of Bolletierri and
Hopper(not anymore lol) and dozens of other coaches/trainers. It's really a
truism anyways. If that's all the reporter really has, time to find a real
story, not piece together this garbage!

31 Jul 2006 04:33:59
Re: Murray vs Nadal (an indepth comparison)

In article <VKudnfNO049YU1HZRVnyhQ@bt.com >, griffin_230@btinternet.com
(grif) wrote:

> Dr Murray made a point of introducing himself to Murray at Wimbledon
> this year and offered him a copy of his self-help book, Smart Tennis.
> Murray's response? " I chucked the book in the bin," he said at the
> time. One doubts Nadal would have done the same.

Let me get this straight. A guy you've never heard of walks up to you at
one of the world's biggest tournaments and offers you a copy of his book.
You are currently negotiating a contract, for which you and others will
pay handsomely, with one of the world's best coaches, with an impeccable
record of helping the people he works with. And throwing the book away is
*arrogance*? Would this writer suggest that Murray should hire his uncle
as his coach, like Nadal, too?

wg