31 Jul 2004 15:34:00
Sakari Lund
Kim out of US Open after all

Well, things are back to what they were a couple of days ago. A few
posters got me more optimistic, but here we are. I do think it is a
good idea not to make a comeback too soon.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - World number two Kim Clijsters will not play in
the U.S. Open because of a wrist injury, the Belgian said on her Web
site Saturday.
Clijsters visited the surgeon who removed a cyst from her left wrist
last month and decided she had insufficient time to get fit for the
last grand slam of the year, starting in New York on August 30.

Clijsters, who had already decided not to play in next month's Olympic
Games, is now focusing on recovering for a tournament in her home town
of Hasselt, starting on September 27.

Clijsters also said she has signed a new contract with coach Marc
Dehous until August 2005.

31 Jul 2004 16:10:53
bob
Re: Kim out of US Open after all

"Sakari Lund" <sakari.lund@pp.inet.fi > wrote in message

> Well, things are back to what they were a couple of days ago. A few
> posters got me more optimistic, but here we are. I do think it is a
> good idea not to make a comeback too soon.

seriously, are you surprised? do you remember my post of about 3 months
back?

bob

31 Jul 2004 19:05:47
Re: Kim out of US Open after all

In article <410bbbcd.12606535@news.inet.fi >, sakari.lund@pp.inet.fi
(Sakari Lund) wrote:

> Clijsters, who had already decided not to play in next month's Olympic
> Games, is now focusing on recovering for a tournament in her home town
> of Hasselt, starting on September 27.

The same tournament she said in June she expected to return at.

wg

31 Jul 2004 21:22:14
Sakari Lund
Re: Kim out of US Open after all

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:10:53 GMT, "bob" <rstein6@nospam.cfl.rr.com >
wrote:

>"Sakari Lund" <sakari.lund@pp.inet.fi> wrote in message
>>

>> Well, things are back to what they were a couple of days ago. A few
>> posters got me more optimistic, but here we are. I do think it is a
>> good idea not to make a comeback too soon.
>
>seriously, are you surprised? do you remember my post of about 3 months
>back?

Not surprised. This is what has been said since before Wimbledon. Now
recently it was said there was a chance that she might play US Open
anyway. And now it was confirmed that the original plan is used.

31 Jul 2004 21:24:01
Sakari Lund
Re: Kim out of US Open after all

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:05:47 +0000 (UTC), wendyg@cix.compulink.co.uk
wrote:

>In article <410bbbcd.12606535@news.inet.fi>, sakari.lund@pp.inet.fi
>(Sakari Lund) wrote:
>
>> Clijsters, who had already decided not to play in next month's Olympic
>> Games, is now focusing on recovering for a tournament in her home town
>> of Hasselt, starting on September 27.
>
>The same tournament she said in June she expected to return at.

Exactly. That's why I said things are back as they used to be.