09 May 2007 08:35:29
fearsomeforehand
Gonzo finding his form?

I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.

09 May 2007 08:41:56
andrew.reys@gmail.com
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On May 9, 8:35 am, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
> bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.

On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
exits in almost every tournament.

09 May 2007 08:50:37
Sao Paulo Swallow
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On May 9, 8:41 am, "andrew.r...@gmail.com" <andrew.r...@gmail.com >
wrote:
> On May 9, 8:35 am, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
> > bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>
> On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
> looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
> exits in almost every tournament.

Does Tursonov have a coach, a traveling coach?

09 May 2007 12:20:54
Javier Gonzalez
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

andrew.reys@gmail.com <andrew.reys@gmail.com > wrote:
> On May 9, 8:35 am, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
>> bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>
> On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
> looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
> exits in almost every tournament.

Wrist surgery, wasn't it?

09 May 2007 09:40:01
andrew.reys@gmail.com
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On May 9, 9:20 am, Javier Gonzalez <jagon...@gmail.dot.com > wrote:
> andrew.r...@gmail.com <andrew.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On May 9, 8:35 am, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
> >> bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>
> > On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
> > looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
> > exits in almost every tournament.
>
> Wrist surgery, wasn't it?

Really? I don't recall that at all...

09 May 2007 14:27:32
Javier Gonzalez
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

andrew.reys@gmail.com <andrew.reys@gmail.com > wrote:
> On May 9, 9:20 am, Javier Gonzalez <jagon...@gmail.dot.com> wrote:
>> andrew.r...@gmail.com <andrew.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
>> > looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
>> > exits in almost every tournament.
>>
>> Wrist surgery, wasn't it?
>
> Really? I don't recall that at all...

After checking some, you don't recall it because it never happened ;)

Now I wonder who am I mixing Tursunov up with?

09 May 2007 12:40:18
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On 9 May, 17:20, Javier Gonzalez <jagon...@gmail.dot.com > wrote:
> andrew.r...@gmail.com <andrew.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On May 9, 8:35 am, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
> >> bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>
> > On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
> > looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
> > exits in almost every tournament.
>
> Wrist surgery, wasn't it?

Blogger's elbow?

10 May 2007 06:09:16
Whisper
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

fearsomeforehand wrote:
> I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
> bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.

...for Fed?

09 May 2007 18:38:05
fearsomeforehand
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On May 9, 4:09 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au > wrote:
> fearsomeforehand wrote:
> > I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
> > bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>
> ...for Fed?

nah..I would give Gonzo a better chance of beating Nadal..even on
clay. Fed does not seem to have any problems facing Gonzo.

10 May 2007 09:45:42
EFill4Zaggin
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On 9 May 2007 18:38:05 -0700, fearsomeforehand
<FearsomeForehand@gmail.com > wrote:

>On May 9, 4:09 pm, Whisper <beaver...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>> fearsomeforehand wrote:
>> > I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
>> > bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>>
>> ...for Fed?
>
>nah..I would give Gonzo a better chance of beating Nadal..even on
>clay. Fed does not seem to have any problems facing Gonzo.

I think he's beaten Gonzo easily on the clay before too.

10 May 2007 14:18:33
Luke Croll
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On Thu, 10 May 2007 09:45:42 +0100, EFill4Zaggin
<EFill4Zaggin@hotmail.com > wrote:
>On 9 May 2007 18:38:05 -0700, fearsomeforehand
><FearsomeForehand@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ...for Fed?
>>
>>nah..I would give Gonzo a better chance of beating Nadal..even on
>>clay. Fed does not seem to have any problems facing Gonzo.
>
>I think he's beaten Gonzo easily on the clay before too.

10-0, 4 on clay.
--
Luke Croll
Conference interpreter and translator

10 May 2007 14:19:52
Luke Croll
Re: Gonzo finding his form?

On 9 May 2007 08:41:56 -0700, "andrew.reys@gmail.com"
<andrew.reys@gmail.com > wrote:
>On May 9, 8:35 am, fearsomeforehand <FearsomeForeh...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> I am watching him play Tursunov and his game is looking *crisp*. Too
>> bad he is in Federer's half of the draw.
>
>On a related topic - what happened to Tursunov? Last Summer, the guy
>looked ready to break out. So far this year, he's been getting early
>exits in almost every tournament.

A good question. You can't read too much into his results on clay, as
he's very much a fast court player, but he's been poor since winning
Mumbai last year, although he did win the Challenger in
Dnepropetrovsk.