25 Mar 2005 18:13:20
johns
what's this thing called? I just learned it.

Going straight back on Lskate. Step to Rskate going
forward, and immediately return to Lskate going back
wards .. and repeat several times. It goes cw-forward,
ccw-backwards over and over. It is a power move
for me. I see it is a clean edge move for others.

johns

26 Mar 2005 14:06:24
Mrs Redboots
Re: what's this thing called? I just learned it.

johns wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Fri, 25 Mar 2005:

>Going straight back on Lskate. Step to Rskate going
>forward, and immediately return to Lskate going back
>wards .. and repeat several times. It goes cw-forward,
>ccw-backwards over and over. It is a power move
>for me. I see it is a clean edge move for others.

I don't know what it's called, but it's quite a high-level Field Move
here, and hidjus difficult. You have to push on both edges, which
people learning it never do.... and fail the test if they don't learn
how to!
--
"Mrs Redboots" mailto:annabel@amsmyth.demon.co.uk
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

26 Mar 2005 07:18:43
johns
Re: what's this thing called? I just learned it.

Padding is recommended .. experience here.

johns

26 Mar 2005 10:18:52
Three Turn
Re: what's this thing called? I just learned it.

Would that be power mohawks???

26 Mar 2005 13:30:10
Jeanne D
Re: what's this thing called? I just learned it.

Begins with a C. I set up my toe-loop with a C.

Jeanne

26 Mar 2005 14:59:29
Janet
Re: what's this thing called? I just learned it.

Hmmm, let's see, could that *possibly* be Choctaw? Must be, cuz I
can't do them very well at all! Plus had a tailbone crushing fall
attempting one.......could barely drive for two weeks! Janet

26 Mar 2005 15:26:58
Jeanne D
Re: what's this thing called? I just learned it.

Ouch. I know what you mean as I've almost flown off the back of the LFI
edge after the RBO.

Yep - choctaw. On the POI video it's recommended that you open your
hips.

Jeanne