Mohawk phobia
I'm a looooong time lurker and I have a problem: I cannot seem to learn a mowhawk. I'm working on 3s, back edges, back crossovers, etc, and enjoying every minute of it. So skill...

Halloween Skate
I dislike Halloween. Things never go well. I'm always getting dates mixed up. But yesterday's Halloween party at the rink worked out. I played hostess to the family of my daugh...

Skate SF 2004
Just want to say a hardly congrats to Ana and Thomas. Thomas for his Silver in Bronze II FS and Ana for her Gold medal in Bronze II FS. I got a Bronze for my artistic this year -- not...

Armless jumps
It works! It's improved my loop no end, stopped me from trying to jump with the upper body rather than riding the edge with the whole body as one unit. Cross the arms in front of the chest p...

Coachy
.. was sitting there putting on my skates when an elderly woman .. probably in her late 60s .. came in. Thin. White hair. In a few minutes, I could hear her sounding a little upset when...

The "relaxed" jump
After about 3 years of trying this, it is finally beginning to happen. I am able to do my jumps with smooth easy timing. I was beginning to think it impossible, but nope .. it works. On...

Finally starting to get it
I've decided to devote some time to 'the basics', i.e. spend sessions just stroking and doing moves rather than jumping and spinning all the time. It felt like I could pull off some tricks i...

recreational: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "...

Balance Board
I recently got a balance board on my doctor's recommendation--to help strengthen my weak, injured ankle. Does anyone know of any exercises on the balance board specifically to help with s...

Dressing up
Just thought I'll share this with everyone. Shortly after stepping onto the ice yesterday evening, a young girl (about 13-14 yrs) showed up in a jacket, skating skirt and OTB (over the...

Lovely Night at Streatham
Very nice to see you again, Annabel. You and Robert looked quite good; at least one skater I know back home would be bitterly jealous of Robert's outside edge pivots! It was fun s...

Welcome to rec.sport.skating.*
Archive-name: sports/skating/welcome Last-modified: 03 Aug 2002 Version: 2.014 Posting-Frequency: Monthly URL: http://home.achilles.net/~cmacd/sk-welco.html

Motivated by music?
In an attempt to get me to the rink more often i relectantly crawled out of bed at 5am to get to the rink before work this morning...not sure i'll be doing it too often since i just skate re...

Horrid Skating during Lesson, and Past Testers Coming out of Woodwork Rant
Great that I so happily posted here that I am testing AB MITF soon. I say this sarcastically. Today I had the *most horrific* lesson, mostly on MITF elements. Talk about three steps backwar...

Lesson 7: balance brings changes
lesson 7 wasn't on the ice for 6 days because had muscle spasms in my side extending to the front and back. first day i just sat down and had my adult son bring me ibuprophen (sp?...

Test (EEEK!) Date
A test date for AB MITF has been set. Gives me chills thinking about it! If all goes well, I'll be testing 11-15-04. Groin injury has sidelined me a tad, but it's getting slowly better. ...

Senior MIF Quick Turns
Hey I got those Senior MIF Quick Turns aka inside open and closed mohawks in combination so you travel while you spin. Feels cool and looks cool in video. My Russian instructor has always ...

There Will Always be an England....
....and I, it appears, will be there. Got word this afternoon (Friday 22 Oct) that I will be on a flight to Heathrow on Sunday (24 Oct). Could wish that management would see its way clear to...

Don Jackson appearance
Don Jackson will be at the Halloween Classic at Ice Works in Aston, PA. The Halloween Classic is an all-adult competition. The competition runs from 1:00-4:10pm on Friday, October 29, a...

Was Re: MITF Guidelines: Where Can I Find These?
" Julia Garcia" <majormom@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<w0Tdd.8369$Lk3.4690@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>... > > Julia (testing some dances next week - ack!) ...

MITF Guidelines: Where Can I Find These?
Once upon a time I found and downloaded some test judging guidelines for MITF that included, in a description of the move itself, a list of common errors, test standards and notes specific t...

Progress, of a sort
In a way, I suppose this is related to the "working backward" thread. Rather than give in to my frustration at lack of progress, I decided to work on some of the basics. I realized, for e...

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Appendix 2
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/appendix2 Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga...

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Off-Ice Training
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/off-ice Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga <...

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Injuries
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/injuries Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga ...

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Appendix 1
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/appendix1 Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga...

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Blades
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/blades Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Boots
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/boots Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Basic Skills
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/basics Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga

Recreational Figure Skating FAQ - Index
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/rec-skate/index Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content Posting-Frequency: monthly URL: http://home.pacbell.net/anamga

Page: 0  1  2