10 Aug 2006 03:05:55
johns
.... take a hike !

They can pack their bags and go back where they
came from.

johns

10 Aug 2006 20:43:39
John F
Re: .... take a hike !

johns wrote:
> They can pack their bags and go back where they
> came from.
>
> johns

Any ideas anyone?

10 Aug 2006 20:43:43
johns
Re: .... take a hike !

> Any ideas anyone?

Wife is stranded. Has to run the gauntlet of three
major airports to get home. I think the terrorists
should be punished by having to travel through
1000 airports with all their wives. They should
only have middle seats on 3-seaters, sitting between
the fat ladies. No coffee. No beer. Just those pretzels
in the unopenabubble bags, served by Male stewardesses
who talk prissy.

johns

11 Aug 2006 10:03:14
Mrs Redboots
Re: .... take a hike !

johns wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Thu, 10 Aug 2006:

>> Any ideas anyone?
>
>Wife is stranded. Has to run the gauntlet of three
>major airports to get home. I think the terrorists
>should be punished by having to travel through
>1000 airports with all their wives. They should
>only have middle seats on 3-seaters, sitting between
>the fat ladies. No coffee. No beer. Just those pretzels
>in the unopenabubble bags, served by Male stewardesses
>who talk prissy.

AND the seats in front, behind and to the side of them with young
families where the children have absolutely nothing to do, having had to
put their Game Boys, books and magazines in the hold!
--
"Mrs Redboots" http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/index.html
(updated 6 August 2006)

11 Aug 2006 16:53:00
Catherine Rees Lay
Re: .... take a hike !

In article <0ohizbCSfE3EFw3q@amsmyth.demon.co.uk >, Mrs Redboots
<Annabel@amsmyth.demon.co.uk > writes
>johns wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Thu, 10 Aug 2006:
>

>>> Any ideas anyone?
>>
>>Wife is stranded. Has to run the gauntlet of three
>>major airports to get home. I think the terrorists
>>should be punished by having to travel through
>>1000 airports with all their wives. They should
>>only have middle seats on 3-seaters, sitting between
>>the fat ladies. No coffee. No beer. Just those pretzels
>>in the unopenabubble bags, served by Male stewardesses
>>who talk prissy.
>>
>AND the seats in front, behind and to the side of them with young
>families where the children have absolutely nothing to do, having had to
>put their Game Boys, books and magazines in the hold!

If I were an air hostess, right now I'd be down at Poundstretcher laying
in a supply of crayons and blank paper, for the sake of my own sanity.
--
Catherine Rees Lay
To email me, use my first name in front of the "at".

12 Aug 2006 09:41:19
Kay
Re: .... take a hike !

"johns" <johns321@moscow.com > wrote
> Wife is stranded. Has to run the gauntlet of three
> major airports to get home. I think the terrorists
> should be punished by having to travel through
> 1000 airports with all their wives. They should
> only have middle seats on 3-seaters, sitting between
> the fat ladies. No coffee. No beer. Just those pretzels
> in the unopenabubble bags, served by Male stewardesses
> who talk prissy.

This is hilarious! I was coming hm the morning of the new regulations and
had to dump my water bottle, give up my toothpaste and hand cream. They went
through my purse and cleaned it out. Shoved everything in my checked case. I
was worried about the sugar-free cherry jam I bought for my husband. Maybe
it would explode in my case. Long story short, I was thirsty, had bad breath
and cracked hands when I got hm. Fortunately, I started my journey at 6am
before everything could get backed up.

Kay
www.skatejournal.com

12 Aug 2006 15:26:32
Mrs Redboots
Re: .... take a hike !

Kay wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Sat, 12 Aug 2006:

>This is hilarious! I was coming hm the morning of the new regulations and
>had to dump my water bottle, give up my toothpaste and hand cream. They went
>through my purse and cleaned it out. Shoved everything in my checked case. I
>was worried about the sugar-free cherry jam I bought for my husband. Maybe
>it would explode in my case. Long story short, I was thirsty, had bad breath
>and cracked hands when I got hm. Fortunately, I started my journey at 6am
>before everything could get backed up.

Poor you! But I gather they've now relaxed so far as to say you can buy
things in the departure lounge, except on Transatlantic flights, and
take them with you - right, there must be a gap in the market for little
bags of moisturiser, those tooth wipe thingummybobs, puzzle magazines
and bottled water!
--
"Mrs Redboots" http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/index.html
(updated 6 August 2006)
http://mrs_redboots.livejournal.com

12 Aug 2006 16:26:12
Kay
Re: .... take a hike !

"Mrs Redboots" <Annabel@amsmyth.demon.co.uk > wrote
> Poor you! But I gather they've now relaxed so far as to say you can buy
> things in the departure lounge, except on Transatlantic flights, and
> take them with you - right, there must be a gap in the market for little
> bags of moisturiser, those tooth wipe thingummybobs, puzzle magazines
> and bottled water!

Sounds like a big money-maker. I bring my own water. I can imagine how an
airport will gouge ppl's eyes out for a bottle of water to take on a plane.
In fact, it was one of the first things that crossed my mind when I had to
pour out my water.

Kay
www.skatejournal.com

13 Aug 2006 02:05:19
Roger
Re: .... take a hike !

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:03:14 +0100, Mrs Redboots
<Annabel@amsmyth.demon.co.uk > wrote:

>johns wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Thu, 10 Aug 2006:
>

>>> Any ideas anyone?
>>
>>Wife is stranded. Has to run the gauntlet of three
>>major airports to get home. I think the terrorists
>>should be punished by having to travel through
>>1000 airports with all their wives. They should
>>only have middle seats on 3-seaters, sitting between
>>the fat ladies. No coffee. No beer. Just those pretzels
>>in the unopenabubble bags, served by Male stewardesses
>>who talk prissy.
>>
>AND the seats in front, behind and to the side of them with young
>families where the children have absolutely nothing to do, having had to
>put their Game Boys, books and magazines in the hold!

Now I think our courts would even hold that last one as cruel and
unusual punishment.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

13 Aug 2006 13:14:18
Mrs Redboots
Re: .... take a hike !

Kay wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Sat, 12 Aug 2006:

>"Mrs Redboots" <Annabel@amsmyth.demon.co.uk> wrote
>> Poor you! But I gather they've now relaxed so far as to say you can buy
>> things in the departure lounge, except on Transatlantic flights, and
>> take them with you - right, there must be a gap in the market for little
>> bags of moisturiser, those tooth wipe thingummybobs, puzzle magazines
>> and bottled water!
>
>Sounds like a big money-maker. I bring my own water. I can imagine how an
>airport will gouge ppl's eyes out for a bottle of water to take on a plane.
>In fact, it was one of the first things that crossed my mind when I had to
>pour out my water.

Mine, too! Not that I am flying until October, now, and then not to the
USA....
--
"Mrs Redboots" http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/index.html
(updated 6 August 2006)
http://mrs_redboots.livejournal.com

14 Aug 2006 20:02:28
Lyle Walsh
Re: .... take a hike !

I just got back from a rather boring speaker training meeting and one of the
more whacky guys was playing practical jokes by slipping little samples of
toothpaste and deodorant into carry-on baggage. Oh what a ZANY group, yawn.
Lyle

15 Aug 2006 07:55:48
Gonna Skate
Re: .... take a hike !

Lyle Walsh wrote:
> I just got back from a rather boring speaker training meeting and one of the
> more whacky guys was playing practical jokes by slipping little samples of
> toothpaste and deodorant into carry-on baggage. Oh what a ZANY group, yawn.
> Lyle

You probably don't know any better than I, but what could possibly be
true about setting people up to be suspected as terrorists? People like
this are loathsome, IMO.

15 Aug 2006 08:28:52
johns
Re: .... take a hike !

And may THEY also travel through 1000 airports.
Add to their sentence, they only get the magazines
with all the Japanese puzzles already worked ..
in ink.

johns

16 Aug 2006 08:51:02
Gonna Skate
Re: .... take a hike !

Gonna Skate wrote:
> You probably don't know any better than I, but what could possibly be
> true about setting people up to be suspected as terrorists? People like
> this are loathsome, IMO.

That was supposed to read: What could possibly be *funny* about
people...

I don't doubt Lyle's truthfulness. I shouldn't be typing and talking at
the same time...

16 Aug 2006 23:27:17
Lyle Walsh
Re: .... take a hike !

Well the way I look at it is some bad boys just never grow up, they just get
older and "trouble" is still considered fun. My bag was searched twice, no
biggie as I packed my undies in clear ziplock bags :)
Lyle

28 Nov 2006 22:38:04
John Lincoln
Re: .... take a hike !

johns wrote:
>>Any ideas anyone?
>

> Wife is stranded. Has to run the gauntlet of three
> major airports to get home. I think the terrorists
> should be punished by having to travel through
> 1000 airports with all their wives. They should
> only have middle seats on 3-seaters, sitting between
> the fat ladies. No coffee. No beer. Just those pretzels
> in the unopenabubble bags, served by Male stewardesses
> who talk prissy.
>
> johns

And in those limited-recline or non-recline seats just forward of the
the loos.
ie. seats 37 alpha, bravo, juliet and kilo on the BA 747-400s.

-jl John

--Has anyone noticed that Bubba hasn't done a Sunday Bible Photo-op in
six years now?