21 Oct 2004 15:32:09
e-skater
Was Re: MITF Guidelines: Where Can I Find These?

" Julia Garcia" <majormom@swbell.net > wrote in message news:<w0Tdd.8369$Lk3.4690@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>...

> Julia (testing some dances next week - ack!)

Which dances? I've only tested prelim, hoping to do pre bronze dances
Jan or Feb '05, if I pass AB MITF in November.

21 Oct 2004 23:31:44
Julia Garcia
Re: Was Re: MITF Guidelines: Where Can I Find These?

"e-skater" <e-skater@accessbee.com > wrote in message
> " Julia Garcia" <majormom@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:<w0Tdd.8369$Lk3.4690@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com >...

> > Julia (testing some dances next week - ack!)
>
> Which dances? I've only tested prelim, hoping to do pre bronze dances
> Jan or Feb '05, if I pass AB MITF in November.

I'm testing the Canasta Tango and the Dutch Waltz next Saturday. I've
passed the Rhythm Blues, and I'm more-or-less ready to test the Pre-Bronze
dances next time, if I can just nail that end pattern in the Fiesta. But
first, for more torture...I'm going to test Preliminary moves in early '05.
I passed APB MITF a few months ago, and I'm OK on most of Preliminary
except for the inside alternating spirals. That's my focus for the time
being - some days good, some days not. I just hope that test day is a
"good"....!

Good luck on your AB moves in November. Do you think that Bronze is a
little less stressful than Pre-Bronze was? I thought the alternating threes
were so hard, especially the outside ones, but I just love the power threes
and the back crossovers to back outside edges. I always wonder who decided
the adult levels - what were they thinking?

22 Oct 2004 06:18:06
e-skater

" Julia Garcia" <majormom@swbell.net > wrote in message news:<AFXdd.8465$Lk3.4013@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>...
> "e-skater" <e-skater@accessbee.com> wrote in message
> > " Julia Garcia" <majormom@swbell.net> wrote in message
> >

> > > Julia (testing some dances next week - ack!)
> >
> > Which dances? I've only tested prelim, hoping to do pre bronze dances
> > Jan or Feb '05, if I pass AB MITF in November.
>
> I'm testing the Canasta Tango and the Dutch Waltz next Saturday. I've
> passed the Rhythm Blues, and I'm more-or-less ready to test the Pre-Bronze
> dances next time, if I can just nail that end pattern in the Fiesta.

> Good luck on your AB moves in November. Do you think that Bronze is a
> little less stressful than Pre-Bronze was? I thought the alternating threes
> were so hard, especially the outside ones, but I just love the power threes
> and the back crossovers to back outside edges. I always wonder who decided
> the adult levels - what were they thinking?

Best of luck on your dance test. I hated the Dutch Waltz at first,
but now I love it. It's very good for practice, being slow. I found
it harder than the Canasta or RB.

When I passed APB, there were no Adult MITF yet. However, my coach
*made sure* I could do the elements anyway. This was in 11-2000.
Since then, not a lot of work on MITF specifically until this year.
Funny how when you don't focus, then go to do, say, a power three,
there's suddenly so much more work to do!

As for the APB test (it was freeskate only in 2000), it was one of the
most godawful experiences I had. The things I could do in my sleep
suddenly became difficult. I had to do my waltz jump and one foot
spin OVER, my "best" elements. I got very good ones on the retry. I
was so stiff and nervous....However, by the time I tested dance, it
was almost fun. Still nervous, but controllable and channeled into
performance better.

Please report, will be looking forward to reading it!