22 Jan 2007 15:30:01
Swing dance

I took and passed the Swing Dance late last night, completing my
Pre-bronze dances. I was the least nervous Iıve been yet, and Iım not sure
just why, but there were various things I did to try to alleviate the
nerves, some of which Iıve mentioned before. It may have been simply that
the dance didnıt have any real worries for me, and the pleasure of skating
with my coach and knowing that we wouldnıt have to hold back or dodge
anyone made it more of a pleasure than a worry.

I only tested the one dance, and in the past, I always got some negative
comment on extension or toe point on the first dance, because I seem to
shrink up a bit when Iım not feeling the ice. I was determined not to get
a comment like that this time, so was extremely gratified when my test
paper came back with ³nice extension² written on it.

I have just promised my other coach that I will work on the Silver moves
with the goal of testing them in June. If I can conquer the nerves for
that, Iıll be very pleased (and surprised.)

Johanna

PS I suppose I should post this at skatingforums, but this newsgroup still
feels like home. I get annoyed over there that I can't suppress messages
I've already read. Am I missing something?

22 Jan 2007 14:00:55
W Letendre
Re: Swing dance

Got all your PrBronze Dance Tests!??! Yay, Johanna! You Go, Girl!!!!

W Letendre

johanna@herworkplace.com wrote:
> I took and passed the Swing Dance late last night, completing my
> Pre-bronze dances.
>
> Johanna

22 Jan 2007 22:53:46
DB
Re: Swing dance

johanna@herworkplace.com wrote:
> PS I suppose I should post this at skatingforums, but this newsgroup still
> feels like home. I get annoyed over there that I can't suppress messages
> I've already read. Am I missing something?

You can't supress them, but if you allow cookies from the site and stay
logged in, you can easily see which threads have messages you haven't
seen yet. If I've posted on a thread, I just go to the end and look
for my post. I'm there pretty much every day, and sometimes more often
than that, so I usually remember which was the last post I've seen on
the threads I follow.

23 Jan 2007 11:39:03
Mrs Redboots
Re: Swing dance

Johanna wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Mon, 22 Jan 2007:

>I took and passed the Swing Dance late last night,

Yay, congratulations and deep envy!

>PS I suppose I should post this at skatingforums, but this newsgroup still
>feels like home. I get annoyed over there that I can't suppress messages
>I've already read. Am I missing something?

When you enter a new thread over there, click on "Read first unread",
and it will take you to the first message in the thread that you haven't
yet read, so you don't have to plodge through them all. Also, threads
with messages you haven't read are headlined in the index in bold type.
Start at the bottom, and hit "Next thread" whenever you have finished
reading the messages in the thread you are on.
--
"Mrs Redboots" http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/index.html
(updated 16 December 2006)

23 Jan 2007 12:07:35
Re: Swing dance

In article <1169535226.059257.99010@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com >, "DB"
<dbny9@aol.com > wrote:

> You can't supress them, but if you allow cookies from the site and stay
> logged in, you can easily see which threads have messages you haven't
> seen yet. If I've posted on a thread, I just go to the end and look
> for my post. I'm there pretty much every day, and sometimes more often
> than that, so I usually remember which was the last post I've seen on
> the threads I follow.

Thanks, DB. I've been making a note of what time the last post I read
was, and that works, but it's a bit cumbersome.

Johanna

23 Jan 2007 12:07:43
Re: Swing dance

In article <QqrPBJEXPftFFwXm@amsmyth.demon.co.uk >, Annabel Smyth
<annabel@nospam.demon.co.uk > wrote:

> When you enter a new thread over there, click on "Read first unread",
> and it will take you to the first message in the thread that you haven't
> yet read, so you don't have to plodge through them all.

Thanks, Annabel. I think this is what I was looking for.

Johanna

23 Jan 2007 11:46:40
DB
Re: Swing dance

Mrs Redboots wrote:
> Johanna wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Mon, 22 Jan 2007:
>
> >I took and passed the Swing Dance late last night,
>
> Yay, congratulations and deep envy!

The same from me!