24 Jan 2005 14:53:56
Janet
Something to Try....

Today I experimented, just playing around with some different things.
I discovered a very fun move. For those of you who do a LFO spiral, do
a LFO spiral then go into a salchow. It is SO FUN! However, I must do
a slower spiral into the salchow. I am hoping to build control so I
can do a regular speed spiral, then the salchow. Anyway, in case
someone else might want to try it, thought I'd post.

25 Jan 2005 02:24:31
ant
Re: Something to Try....

Eek! I wouldn't have enough control on the three turn to actually jump!
I was struggling enough trying to do LFO spiral, three turn, LBI spiral
without putting my foot down.

If you can do the spiral into salchow, maybe you could try RFI spiral,
RFI mowhawk, salchow too?

Ant

25 Jan 2005 14:02:22
Mrs Redboots
Re: Something to Try....

Janet wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Mon, 24 Jan 2005:

>Today I experimented, just playing around with some different things.
>I discovered a very fun move. For those of you who do a LFO spiral, do
>a LFO spiral then go into a salchow. It is SO FUN! However, I must do
>a slower spiral into the salchow. I am hoping to build control so I
>can do a regular speed spiral, then the salchow. Anyway, in case
>someone else might want to try it, thought I'd post.

Okay, when you're happy with that, do an RBO spiral into a toe-loop -
you come upright, pick in with your left toe, and jump. I can't do it
well, but it was originally choreographed into the UK (long) version of
last year's artistic programme. Sadly, on the day, I made a complete
dogs' breakfast of the whole programme and that bit got left on the
cutting-room floor, but....
--
"Mrs Redboots" mailto:annabel@amsmyth.demon.co.uk
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

25 Jan 2005 13:40:10
Janet
Re: Something to Try....

Mrs Redboots wrote:
> Janet wrote to rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational on Mon, 24 Jan
2005:

> For those of you who do a LFO spiral, do
> a LFO spiral then go into a salchow.

> Okay, when you're happy with that, do an RBO spiral into a toe-loop -
> you come upright, pick in with your left toe, and jump. I can't do
it
> well, but it was originally choreographed into the UK (long) version
of
> last year's artistic programme. Sadly, on the day, I made a complete
> dogs' breakfast of the whole programme and that bit got left on the
> cutting-room floor, but....
> --
> "Mrs Redboots"

Ok, Annabel! Have you been talking to my coach?! I thought only she
came up with torturous ideas! I will try this, albeit mincingly (as
RBO spiral is not my strong one) and see what happens. I was also
considering trying RBO spiral into loop, which seems like it work work.
Or LBO spiral into lutz (har, har, I can't get a lutz yet.....one out
of fifty!). Janet

25 Jan 2005 21:04:36
johns
Re: Something to Try....

That one is very easy as long as you remember to
point your toepick back .. not down behind you. It is
very much like a toe-tap except you try to lift with
your arms up in front of you. The toepick is just placed,
followed by the upward arm lift, and possibly the drive
of the free knee up to the left shoulder. The jump
really goes off the "edge" rather than the toepick.

johns