18 Sep 2003 14:06:52
W Letendre
New Boots! New Blades! Time to Burn Up the Ice!!!

Extra length Coronation Ace blades arrived this afternoon. Had them
fitted to boots, and I'm ready to go! Off to.... ICenter, or NESC, or
Valley Forum, or SOME rink or other tomorrow, depending on what's
going on at work!

"We who are about to die, salute you!"

W Letendre

19 Sep 2003 00:03:04
W Letendre
Re: New Boots! New Blades! Time to Burn Up the Ice!!!

Big feet, US size 13 street shoe; needed 12", 300 mm blades to fit new
boots. Would have had new boots last weekend, but, Pro Shop didn't have
blades that long in stock.

W Letendre

Isiafs5 wrote:

> >Extra length Coronation Ace blades
>
> Why the extra length?
>
> Sling Skate
>
> My recommended reading for body fat control:
> http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/drsquat/fredzig.htm

19 Sep 2003 12:20:17
W Letendre

Ellen Arnold <ellenarnold@earthlink.net > wrote in message news:<BB8FEDC8.B8D1%ellenarnold@earthlink.net>...
> in article e983542d.0309181306.6cbcdcd5@posting.google.com, W Letendre at
> wjlservo@worldnet.att.net wrote on 9/18/03 3:06 PM:
>
> Hey, I just got new blades myself! My first time out was quite exciting --
> my old blades had, unbeknownst to me until recently, been the victims of a
> bad sharpening which took off just about all of the rocker. So I had been
> skating on a somewhat flat blade with my toepicks verrrrrrry close to the
> ice for who-knows-how-long.
>
> It's like learning to skate all over again, but in a good way. Although I
> haven't quite figured out the whole rocker thing, the blades themselves
> are"like buttah."
>
> Ellen

New blades on old boots, then? Certainly, changing to a properly
rockered blade must shake you up a bit! In one recent thread, a few
skaters agreed that a change in blades is harder to get used to than a
change in boots. So, while changing boots, I did stick with the same
CA blades I've been used to.

Just came back from rink, after first trial on new boots and blades.
New blades are the same old model, but their mounting seems to
have.... shifted, a bit. They're not quite where I expect them to be!
Took about half an hour "feeling for the edges" before I found where
all 8 had moved to. Felt odd!

The new boots are wicked stiff; had to leave top pair of hooks unlaced
just to get enough "flex" to stroke with! Beyond that, they seem OK,
though the RI ankle pinches a bit; I think I'm gonna have to have it
"popped."

W Letendre