31 Oct 2004 08:56:47
LK
Halloween Skate

I dislike Halloween. Things never go well. I'm always getting dates
mixed up.

But yesterday's Halloween party at the rink worked out. I played
hostess to the family of my daughter's guest. My daughter has been
expressing wishful thinking about her friend. She kept telling me her
friend knew how to skate and it actually her first time on the ice.

She did pretty good.

What an introduction. One of volunteer coaches helped her with some
basics. They free skated and then did "Hokey Pokey" on the ice and
the Limbo and trick-or-treat from coach to coach on the ice.

Maybe 15% of the skaters (14 and under) wore any kind of costume or
skating costume.

I learned that even when a costume is cut short enough, the sleeves
had to be even shorter and triple checked so it doesn't drag on the
floor when leaning. Glad my daughter decided not to wear hers on the
ice. Saved an argument.

I learned that a costume takes 3 times as long to assemble. Sew. Try
on. Adjust. Sew. Try on. Adjust. Add accessories. Attach? Like this.
Like that. "Mom, I have to go to the bathroom."

But it came together and she looked good. And I learned how to get
her in and out of it quickly.

LK

31 Oct 2004 14:27:25
Isiafs5
Re: Halloween Skate

I once went to a Halloween Party. I dressed as an Exclamation Mark,
punctuation. Hmmm, I could have skated in that, too.

Seems like Halloween Dress Up skates would be nice for some people.

Sling Skate

My recommended reading for body fat control:
http://www.geocities.com/~slopitch/drsquat/fredzig.htm

03 Nov 2004 08:35:08
Joanna Tsang Ramberg
Re: Halloween Skate

Isiafs5 wrote:

> I once went to a Halloween Party. I dressed as an Exclamation Mark,
> punctuation. Hmmm, I could have skated in that, too.
You could skate to that ol' tune "Exclamation" from SchoolHouse Rock on
ABC TV network. :-)

> Seems like Halloween Dress Up skates would be nice for some people.
We have that every year at our rink...it's called doing a program at
Skate SF! (Especially if you're in an "Character Artistic" event...)
:-P

Cheers,
Joanna

--

Reply to me at "jramberg" at <that email site at Microsoft >
Don't want no scrubs (or SPAM!!!) :-)

03 Nov 2004 14:45:09
W Letendre
Re: Halloween Skate

Joanna Tsang Ramberg <jramberg@Idontexist.com > wrote in message news:<4188983E.32537067@Idontexist.com>...
> Isiafs5 wrote:
> >
> > I once went to a Halloween Party. I dressed as an Exclamation Mark,
> > punctuation. Hmmm, I could have skated in that, too.
> You could skate to that ol' tune "Exclamation" from SchoolHouse Rock on
> ABC TV network. :-)
>
> > Seems like Halloween Dress Up skates would be nice for some people.
> We have that every year at our rink...it's called doing a program at
> Skate SF! (Especially if you're in an "Character Artistic" event...)
> :-P
>
> Cheers,
> Joanna

Goodness! Considering how, uh, flamboyant, some of the skaters at YB
are on an ordinary week.... Halloween!?!?! The mind boggles!

W Letendre