16 Dec 2004 01:44:45
MyRomanHoliday
Re: Slutskaya's jumps

>Subject: Re: Slutskaya's jumps
>From: Chelsea Christenson Chelsea.Christenson@nospam.com
>Date: 12/15/2004 1:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
>
>Rex wrote:
>
>> I am so happy to see her skate again, I don't care what the jumps look
>> like
>
>I'll be delighted to see her perform, but I do care what the jumps look
>like. I don't want her to be the next Oksana Baiul, constantly
>struggling to regain a past level of performance.

Slutskaya *cannot* be the next Bauil. Even if she never lands another triple
jump again, Irina is in a totally different category. She has maintained a high
level of performance for 9 years. Bauil had a glorious year / year a half - and
it was downhill from there. She was struggling to regain past level of
performance by the time she was 17.

16 Dec 2004 02:09:56
Chana410
Re: Slutskaya's jumps

>Slutskaya *cannot* be the next Bauil. Even if she never lands another triple
>jump again, Irina is in a totally different category. She has maintained a
>high
>level of performance for 9 years. Bauil had a glorious year / year a half -
>and
>it was downhill from there.

I agree with what you wrote, but why do you insist on spelling Oksana's name as
"Bauil?" Hope that you're not the "next" RevJello! :D

~~~~Chana~~~~

16 Dec 2004 09:35:52
Bbarlou's Cheated Triple Lutz
Re: Slutskaya's jumps

Why do you keep spelling your name "Chana410" when it is really
b-i-t-c-h?

17 Dec 2004 01:46:03
Zippygal9428
Re: Slutskaya's jumps

>Slutskaya *cannot* be the next Bauil. Even if she never lands another triple
>jump again, Irina is in a totally different category. She has maintained a
>high
>level of performance for 9 years. Bauil had a glorious year / year a half -
>and
>it was downhill from there. She was struggling to regain past level of
>performance by the time she was 17.

Bauil has a natural gift for musical interpretation and balletic style (though
it seems to be forced in recent years). Irina does not have this to the
extent Bauil did because it is simply not her style, it is not innate.

Irina's longevity is certainly to be commended, especially in light of her
recent medical setbacks.