Other Figure Skating Newsgroups?
Can someone point me in the direction of other figure skating newsgroups that are recommended? Thanks so much, Mike

Worlds
I see that ESPN will televise Worlds in March. Does anybody happen to know what world, other than our own 'Earth', will be represented at the Championship? Sling Skate ...

What's your favorite Christmas snack?
If you could only pick one, what is your favorite snack to have at Christmas time? -- Magnificent Bastard Productions 2004 http://www.magnificentbastardproductions....

Sasha with a "new" coach
Today in my paper, the Sacramento Bee, in the random tidbits section is the following: Sacha Cohen is changing coaches again, this time going back to John Nicks. Can...

Tamara Moskvina Interview (translated from Russian)
This woman is so cool! She talks about the Chinese pairs, 2002 Olympics, sports agents... I want to be Tamara when I grow up! The interview is at http://www.FigureSkatingMystery.com...

Song Parody: The Skating Christmas Song
This is my gift, such as it is, to RSSIF in this season of injuries and no-shows. Enjoy. (to the tune of "The Christmas Song") Stephane's resting up from surgery, Evgen...

Is horse lover Russian Pres. Putin a christian? I read he was Orthodox
Which I find amazing cuz he was KGB spy. But at least he likes horses, judo, dogs, skiing and swimming, the Matrix and McCartney so the controlling, undemocratic tsar-spy can't be all bad ....

2005 PrimeTime World Figure Skating Championships
Press release http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/12/prweb190622.htm (PRWEB) December 22, 2004 -- This is the competition that Professional Figure Skating has been wai...

Multilingual?
I am amazed at how Tarasova seems to be able to communicate equally well with Russian (duh), Japanese, American and, I would guess, other nationalities. No interpreters that I have been ab...

AP article on Cohen's return to Nicks
Sasha Cohen returns to former coach John Nicks http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/winter/2004-12-22-cohen-coach_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA Cohen, 20, who lived in Laguna Niguel, Calif., un...

"Cracked Ice" for U.S./Canada orders
http://www.skatefic.com/proshop Thanks to dejah, people in the U.S. and Canada can order "Cracked Ice" without going through the Libreria dello Sport ordering system (which saves ...

Sasha Cohen returning to John Nicks
She's moving again -- http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml Sigh . . . when she burst on the scene, she had one of the most unlikeable public persona of a skater that I can remember...

Eureka! I've Got A Song No One Has Skated To.....
......Barry White's "Love's Theme." It would make an EXCELLENT long program for a North American pairs couple. You know that Barry White is LUUVVVVV music - back seat of a 68 Chrysler ...

The Twelve Days of CoP
Just to get everyone in the mood of the holiday! The Twelve Days of CoP On the first day of Skating, The CoP gave to me A Level 3 footwork at the end. On th...

Skate with Kwan, Cohen, Stokjo, Galindo (for charity)
First Annual Gala - "Skating With the Stars, Under the Stars" - Monday, February 7, 2005 6:00-9:00PM @ Trump Wollman Skating Rink in Central Park. Join families, friends, corporate and commu...

Free Snowshoeing Workshop
Snowshoeing Workshop Sponsored by the Paradise Area Tourism Council January 8th and 9th, 2005 At Sawmill Creek Park in Paradise, MI Hours 10 a.m. to dusk. Admission: Thi...

"The Strong & the Sequined"--a skating serial, pt. 268
*The Strong and the Sequined* A Skating Serial Part 268: Over the Line "You should have seen the look on Eliot's face w...

Yukina Ota Injured: Bone Bruise Forces Withdrawal From Japanese Nats
From the website I love to hate (FSU), Yukina has a bone bruise on her ankle which will take several months to heal. The most graceful lady skater in all of Japan. Sigh, I guess I will jus...

Skating is strange places
I just returned from five days at Disneyland and DCA (Disney California Adventure to those outside CA). The current annual Disneyland Christmas parade includes a float on which two char...

Competitive Figure Skating FAQ: References
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/figure/references Last-modified: 20 Dec 2004 COMPETITIVE FIGURE SKATING FAQ: =============...

Competitive Figure Skating FAQ: Skating People and Events
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/figure/people Last-modified: 20 Dec 2004 COMPETITIVE FIGURE SKATING FAQ: =================...

Competitive Figure Skating FAQ: Technical Elements
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/figure/technical Last-modified: 20 Dec 2004 COMPETITIVE FIGURE SKATING FAQ: ==============...

Competitive Figure Skating FAQ: Rules and Regulations
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/figure/rules Last-modified: 20 Dec 2004 COMPETITIVE FIGURE SKATING FAQ: ==================...

Competitive Figure Skating FAQ: Introduction and Netiquette
Archive-name: sports/skating/ice/figure/introduction Last-modified: 20 Dec 2004 COMPETITIVE FIGURE SKATING FAQ: ===========...

ABCs lousy lighting
I was watching the Marshall's World Cup of Skating on ABC and noticed how incredibly bad the lighting was during the performances. I've noticed this before with ABC and am really disappoint...

Canadians earned it tonight
Pro skate on tv was super. It did not seem made up like in the past. The scores were well matched with the performances across all 4 teams. And the performances were real. KarenC just ...

Keeping It Real: Superb Johnny Weir Interview
A repost - the original didn't make it. ;>( > "Rex" <Oberon1911@comcast.net> wrote in message > news:pan.2004.12.18.22.02.19.506768@comcast.net... > > ...

Why Doesn't Someone Skate to....
...something of the Shrek II soundtrack? This CD is just full of great songs. "Accidentally in Love" is made for pairs or dance (especially with lines about "jump a little higher" and "tur...

Kurt Browning's Gotta Skate IV
Seems pro specials are very dense on the broadcasts these days. I see Bourne is making a go of solo performance,any idea whose lap it was she sat in?(Did she ever compete in senior lad...

CBC tv schedule
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/gfx/photogalleries/figureskating/skateamerica/index2.html Sat., Jan. 1 15:00-18:00 ET Grand Prix Final #1 of 2 Sat., Jan. 8 14:00-17:0...

Page: 0  1  2  3  4

2017