25 May 2006 07:49:03
mindy
favorite place to ice skate

hi! i am a college student and i have been assigned by my professor to
ask all of you in the group where your favorite place in the world is
to ice skate. Where do you like to practice, compete, or just skate for
fun? Thank you and i look forward to reading someone's response in the
future!
THANKS!
-mindy

26 May 2006 01:03:50
Suzanne
Re: favorite place to ice skate

On 25 May 2006 07:49:03 -0700, "mindy" <melinda232@missouristate.edu >
wrote:

>hi! i am a college student and i have been assigned by my professor to
>ask all of you in the group where your favorite place in the world is
>to ice skate. Where do you like to practice, compete, or just skate for
>fun? Thank you and i look forward to reading someone's response in the
>future!
>THANKS!
>-mindy

The most fun place to skate and most exhilarating for me was at
Rockefeller Center In NYC on a cool, crisp autumn evening with
friends. That was skating for fun and was back in 1994.
As far as skating for practice/training, the best times I've had were
probably at my hometown city-run rink from when I was a kid.

26 May 2006 01:39:45
Fiona McQuarrie
Re: favorite place to ice skate

mindy <melinda232@missouristate.edu > wrote:
: hi! i am a college student and i have been assigned by my professor to
: ask all of you in the group where your favorite place in the world is
: to ice skate. Where do you like to practice, compete, or just skate for
: fun? Thank you and i look forward to reading someone's response in the
: future!
: THANKS!
: -mindy

You might get more answers if you post in
rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational, which is the group for people who
participate in skating.

Fiona

28 May 2006 19:04:23
Jim Hodges

mindy wrote:
> hi! i am a college student and i have been assigned by my professor to
> ask all of you in the group where your favorite place in the world is
> to ice skate. Where do you like to practice, compete, or just skate for
> fun? Thank you and i look forward to reading someone's response in the
> future!
> THANKS!
> -mindy

New England Sports Center in Marlboro. Many of my favorite skaters and
good friends skated there.

30 May 2006 19:11:01
Nick Cassaro

mindy wrote:
> hi! i am a college student and i have been assigned by my professor to
> ask all of you in the group where your favorite place in the world is
> to ice skate. Where do you like to practice, compete, or just skate for
> fun? Thank you and i look forward to reading someone's response in the
> future!
> THANKS!

I live in Albany and my favorite place is the rink in front of the State
Capitol.

30 May 2006 23:07:41
RosesAreRed

"Nick Cassaro" <cassaron@nycap.rr.com > wrote in message
> mindy wrote:
>> hi! i am a college student and i have been assigned by my professor to
>> ask all of you in the group where your favorite place in the world is
>> to ice skate. Where do you like to practice, compete, or just skate for
>> fun? Thank you and i look forward to reading someone's response in the
>> future!
>> THANKS!
>
> I live in Albany and my favorite place is the rink in front of the State
> Capitol.

I live in the midwest, so skating outdoors is always a thrill and a feeling
of great freedom. Once we skated outdoors on Keystone Lake (Keystone, CO)
right before Christmas. There was very little snow, so we could skate
almost anywhere, and the holiday music and decorations with the mountains
all around was magical.

01 Jun 2006 07:46:52
Re: favorite place to ice skate

My fav place to compete is the sky rink at chelsea piers in NYC, for
trainning it's my comfey home rink. The Worst place is Lake Placid
Olympic training center, the altitude and atitudes of the coaches, and
skaters make it dreadful and irritating.